Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lebanon potentially getting involved in hostilities

DarkHunter

This would be a major escalation if true and it's not clear yet if it is but there are reports of 3 to 4 rockets fired from southern Lebanon at Israel.  There are a lot of conflicting reports about what is going on, the IDF denied initial reports of rocket fire from southern Lebanon but within the past few minutes official media sources started tweeting about rocket fire from southern Lebanon. 

Instead of making a new post, it seems the Lebanese government just admitted to firing 4 rockets at Israel.

If Hezbollah has decided to join in with Hamas this will turn into a bloody regional war.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

I'm thinking I and a lot of people are just getting burned out on the seemingly endless nature of this stuff. There's too many factions to ever have a final peace agreement that everyone will live with.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

This would be a major escalation if true and it's not clear yet if it is but there are reports of 3 to 4 rockets fired from southern Lebanon at Israel.  There are a lot of conflicting reports about what is going on, the IDF denied initial reports of rocket fire from southern Lebanon but within the past few minutes official media sources started tweeting about rocket fire from southern Lebanon. 

Instead of making a new post, it seems the Lebanese government just admitted to firing 4 rockets at Israel.

If Hezbollah has decided to join in with Hamas this will turn into a bloody regional war.

I went to verify this by googling Lebanon attacks Israel and nothing came up except when Israel attacked Lebanon in 1985.  So then I went to DuckDuckGo which I usually forget that I even have bookmarked and a ton of current up to date stories verifying this thread popped up.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

It looks like Iran is feeling much more self-confident these days.  I wonder why. :angry:

• Like 1

More information came out about what occured.

3 to 4 rockets were fired from Lebanon at Israel.  The Lebanese government announced it almost immediately and has already arrested those responsible for the launch.  Meanwhile Hezbollah has released a statement stating that the rocket attack did not come from them. 

It seems the rocket attack was done by one of the various Palestinian based factions taking refuge in southern Lebanon.

• Like 3

Apparently, taking Bibi down came with some unintended consequences.

12 hours ago, and then said:

Israel hasnt sent ground troops into Gaza yet.  A tweet by the IDF talking about how tanks and artillery have joined in on strikes done by helicopters and aircraft on targets in Gaza has been misunderstood by some news agencies and taken as ground troops entering Gaza.  

The tweet was a bit poorly worded and read a certain way could sound like IDF was entering Gaza.

14 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

The tweet was a bit poorly worded and read a certain way could sound like IDF was entering Gaza.

I'm trying to find a piece I read in the last hour.  It specifically mentioned troops moving in on housing in Gaza that formerly belonged to Israelis and eliminating 30 Hamas troops in the housing.

All I see are elevated levels of what's been going on forever; it never ceases, it just ebbs and flows. Israel and Iran were already waging a shadow war with one-another and had been doing so for years. I'm not anti-Semitic, not even anti-Zionist, but the benefits of the U.S. alliance with Israel are pretty much a one-way street. It's a conflict that never ends. They're like that old friend you always wind up bailing out of one disaster after another--at your own expense--all for the negligible benefits of the friendship. Since it's inception, the Zionist State has been a perennial catalyst for conflict and it will remain such for the foreseeable future. Half measures won't suffice. If they want any peace, they need to render both Hamas and Hezbollah completely combat ineffective and if that means occupying Lebanon and Gaza indefinitely, so be it.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

Our news just said that Israel is massing troops along the border. Found this. Nothing saying they've actually crossed it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/12/israel-steps-up-gaza-offensive-kills-senior-hamas-figures.html

This is scary if true. From link:

Health authorities in Gaza said they were investigating the deaths of several people overnight who they said may have inhaled poisonous gas. Samples were being examined and they had yet to draw any final conclusions, they said.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

If they want any peace, they need to render both Hamas and Hezbollah completely combat ineffective and if that means occupying Lebanon and Gaza indefinitely, so be it.

I doubt they'll ever try occupation of those areas again.  It would be a sucker's game and a blood sponge.  They seem to realize that overwhelming, devastating force is needed and that they cannot allow themselves to be bridled by Biden's administration, the U.N., or anyone else until they have achieved the level of destruction necessary to bring lasting quiet to the region.  Note I said "quiet", not peace.  There will never be peace between these two.

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Health authorities in Gaza said they were investigating the deaths of several people overnight who they said may have inhaled poisonous gas. Samples were being examined and they had yet to draw any final conclusions, they said.

If any of these casualties succumbed to poison gas then it definitely is scary.  The IDF has a full range of effective weaponry and tactical abilities to deploy them.  They have no need to use poison gas and in fact, they'd be the last on earth to do so, considering their history.  It will be scary if gas was involved because it might mean the Hamas is now weaponizing chemicals to be used against Israel.  The day they go so far as to gas Jews, Gaza, Lebanon, or even Syria would face a calamity like they've never even imagined.  

From listening to Gantz, Netanyahu, and other members of Israeli government, this fight is just beginning.  Their rhetoric about the fight being open-ended is kind of ominous.  When asked by a reporter, what the IDF thought of a ceasefire overture, they answered that they weren't even interested in talking about it yet.  I get the impression that Israeli elections may play into these responses.  Netanyahu has already made it clear that the U.S., while a critical ally, is not going to decide when this round of fighting will end.

• Like 3

World War Three, Bible was totally true...

Who is AntiChrist..?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Great Old Man said:

World War Three, Bible was totally true...

Who is AntiChrist..?

No no no no! Don't bring that crap in this thread please, people are actually dieing.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

No no no no! Don't bring that crap in this thread please, people are actually dieing.

Okie Dokie

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2021 at 3:40 AM, DarkHunter said:

Are there any links for this thread, Lebanon Potentially getting involved? 

Ok, I mean they are located on Israel's boarder, but other than that they have a signed peace agreement with Israel. So what are you trying to say, and where are some links that support that Lebanon is getting involved in the fighting between the Palestinians and Israel.

Actually after reading the posts in this thread, there is nothing involving Lebanon!:unsure:!

Edited by Manwon Lender

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Ok, I mean they are located on Israel's boarder, but other than that they have a signed peace agreement with Israel. So what are you trying to say, and where are some links that support that Lebanon is getting involved in the fighting between the Palestinians and Israel.

Actually after reading the posts in this thread, there is nothing involving Lebanon!:unsure:!

Not my responsibility to make sure you can keep up with current events or the flow of the thread.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/rockets-fired-israel-lebanon-conflict-b1847226.html%3famp

• Like 1

Meanwhile, the incoming missile alarms for Israel have never stopped.  Funny how they don't get mentioned.  

On 5/13/2021 at 10:13 PM, Hammerclaw said:

They're like that old friend you always wind up bailing out of one disaster after another--at your own expense--all for the negligible benefits of the friendship.

Well, friendship aside, if Israel is kicked to the curb by its only friend in the world then the world WILL come for them at some point.  Jew hatred is a very real "thing".  When the elements that despise the Jews finally come to finish the state off, the war that ensues will closely affect us all.  I haven't seen anyone making a connection between the Democrats regaining control and the situation in the M.E. falling off a cliff in a matter of DAYS.  

The IDF engaging in its own form of urban renewal isn't going to do anything but inconvenience the Hamas.  

~SNIP~ 

Don't want to be seen as calling for mayhem.  It's a fine line...

Edited by and then

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Manwon, plenty of links out there.
At least three rockets fired at Israel from south Lebanon | Al Arabiya English

Even my own link above of 'Missiles coming in from Syria' in a prior post makes mention of it. Read it.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Manwon, plenty of links out there.
At least three rockets fired at Israel from south Lebanon | Al Arabiya English

Even my own link above of 'Missiles coming in from Syria' in a prior post makes mention of it. Read it.

Thanks for the link, and it explains everything. I though by the thread title that Lebanon was involved in the attack. Actually Lebanon had nothing to with it, the rockets were fired from or near a Palestinian Refugee Camp and the Lebanese Military has captured some of the individuals involved. I didn't think Lebanon would be involved in the conflict.

Thanks again 

• Like 2