Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Department of Homeland Security is now watching social media for terrorist narratives

Grim Reaper 6

The social media monitoring idea is part of a reorientation by the federal security agency to focus on domestic terrorism in the wake of the Jan. 6 insurrection and after years of increased violence by white supremacists and other homegrown extremists. The department also announced the creation of a new domestic terrorism branch within its Office of Intelligence & Analysis.  

Sweeping up vast amounts of social media information will undoubtedly result in identifying individuals who are threatening violence, Beirich said. This new Domestic Terrorism Branch will work hand in hand the US Postal Service Branch filtering through online Social Media Sites.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 5

I am surprised that they haven't been watching it already.  Kind of a little behind the times.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I am surprised that they haven't been watching it already.  Kind of a little behind the times.

Well they are not really behind the times, since the attack on 6 September 2021 the US Postal Service Criminal Division has been monitoring the web. Now Homeland Security has opened a new section dedicated to monitoring social media, and the US Postal Service branch is still continuing to do their job. I hope everyone who has been making comments about the President, and that the Insurrection on the House was justified and that those who took part are hero's,  are paying attention to this. This is the second thread I have posted about Government monitoring, the first was about the US Postal Service. None of us know what it takes to be placed on one of the Governments lists, but I bet that once on one it will be impossible to get your name removed.

Take care

• Like 1

i'm sure they've been doing it before,  it is after all their job.

bigger question is, what will they now consider terrorist narrative,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

now watching?? they've been doing this for years.. i'm confused

Yeah, they have but they now have a target in mind and it will enable them to scoop up anyone they feel is a threat to the U.S. THEY are building now.  The Stasi and the Schutzstaffel did similar things.  The irony is that all they'll do is push it underground and make it worse.  It IS a government operation, after all.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2021 at 10:20 AM, and then said:

Yeah, they have but they now have a target in mind and it will enable them to scoop up anyone they feel is a threat to the U.S. THEY are building now.  The Stasi and the Schutzstaffel did similar things.  The irony is that all they'll do is push it underground and make it worse.  It IS a government operation, after all.

The sad thing is you make it sound like there is no reason for them to do it. The problem here is simple the people you call Patriots are not Patriots according to their actions, threats, and general behavior ( Open carrying Assualt Rifes in Public ). These bad actors are going to get scoped up like you said, and they need to be. They don't carry Assualt Rifles for protection, they carry them to intimidate their neighbors, representatives, and law enforcement. So on this subject we will have to disagree.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Open carrying Assualt Rifes in Public

Manwon, you're a career soldier, retired, yes?  You know better than most that that label, applied to semi-auto rifles, is done to make them sound like military weapons.  These weapons don't have select-fire capability unless a gunsmith changes them.  There are already MASSIVE penalties if a citizen is caught with a converted AR/AK that can fire full auto or in 3 round bursts.  As for open carry, I think it's sad and a bit disturbing that in America the average citizen seems scared of firearms being seen in public.  Mind you, I'm talking average Americans.

The Gangbangers in south Chicago have no problem with open carry.  I wear a sidearm daily and generally keep it concealed and I have a CCP so that I'm "legal"  Here in Alabama we can open carry WITHOUT any permit.  Few people do this because in the real world, having a weapon on your hip makes you the first target for some mass shooting nutter.  I wouldn't go to a public gathering, especially a protest, with an AR slung over my shoulder.  Those who do that are generally angry about perceived wrongdoing by government.  It isn't helpful and those who do it today  run the risk of being incarcerated on trumped-up terror charges.

My statement about DHS/FBI "lists" stands.  After what we've learned about them during Obama's presidency, I don't trust any of them nor do I respect their authority automatically.  If they openly abuse their authority in public there will be a citizen's backlash from that and  their displeasure will be seen at the ballot box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, and then said:

Manwon, you're a career soldier, retired, yes?  You know better than most that that label, applied to semi-auto rifles, is done to make them sound like military weapons.  These weapons don't have select-fire capability unless a gunsmith changes them.  There are already MASSIVE penalties if a citizen is caught with a converted AR/AK that can fire full auto or in 3 round bursts.  As for open carry, I think it's sad and a bit disturbing that in America the average citizen seems scared of firearms being seen in public.  Mind you, I'm talking average Americans.

The Gangbangers in south Chicago have no problem with open carry.  I wear a sidearm daily and generally keep it concealed and I have a CCP so that I'm "legal"  Here in Alabama we can open carry WITHOUT any permit.  Few people do this because in the real world, having a weapon on your hip makes you the first target for some mass shooting nutter.  I wouldn't go to a public gathering, especially a protest, with an AR slung over my shoulder.  Those who do that are generally angry about perceived wrongdoing by government.  It isn't helpful and those who do it today  run the risk of being incarcerated on trumped-up terror charges.

My statement about DHS/FBI "lists" stands.  After what we've learned about them during Obama's presidency, I don't trust any of them nor do I respect their authority automatically.  If they openly abuse their authority in public there will be a citizen's backlash from that and  their displeasure will be seen at the ballot box.

You no why I disagree with you, it's very simple. The people who open carrying ARs, or even AKs think they are soldiers. Like I said the reason they open carry them is for the Shock value and nothing more. These same people play dress up with the other military gear as well, its like Halloween every day of the year. The thing that separates them from real soldiers, are the beer bellies, the discipline, and the intent of their demonstrations. 

I love the attempt to bring up gangbangers in a major city. But the individuals I am talking about aren't challenging gangbangers, ( I doubt they have the guts to do that ) they are putting on a show for average Americans who do not ask for their attention and do not need it. These people are putting on a public spectacle to intentionally intimidate people who are not use to seeing these displays.

There is no excuse to go to any demonstration openly armed like that. It does matter if they are mad at the Government, the Police, of any other form of authority, it is an ignorant move designed for intimidation. In my opinion if it looks like a terrorist, sounds like terrorist, it very well could be a terrorist so in my opinion any attention they get from the authorities is well founded. These people aren't Patriots, and it doesn't matter how many weapons they carry or the flags they wave. 

Its fine that your opinion stands, and you are welcome to it. However, honestly what purpose do these people serve, and does their foolish behavior change anything in a positive manner??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

You no why I disagree with you, it's very simple. The people who open carrying ARs, or even AKs think they are soldiers. Like I said the reason they open carry them is for the Shock value and nothing more. These same people play dress up with the other military gear as well, its like Halloween every day of the year. The thing that separates them from real soldiers, are the beer bellies, the discipline, and the intent of their demonstrations. 

I love the attempt to bring up gangbangers in a major city. But the individuals I am talking about aren't challenging gangbangers, ( I doubt they have the guts to do that ) they are putting on a show for average Americans who do not ask for their attention and do not need it. These people are putting on a public spectacle to intentionally intimidate people who are not use to seeing these displays.

There is no excuse to go to any demonstration openly armed like that. It does matter if they are mad at the Government, the Police, of any other form of authority, it is an ignorant move designed for intimidation. In my opinion if it looks like a terrorist, sounds like terrorist, it very well could be a terrorist so in my opinion any attention they get from the authorities is well founded. These people aren't Patriots, and it doesn't matter how many weapons they carry or the flags they wave. 

Its fine that your opinion stands, and you are welcome to it. However, honestly what purpose do these people serve, and does their foolish behavior change anything in a positive manner??

I knew he reminded me of someone and it dawned on me who,

Remember the storming of the capt trump instagated on the 6th, and that one guy iirc his name was Dick, ahem, Richard something or another,

recall how puffed up proud of himself he was posing for a selfie at Pelosi desk with his feet up on it,  delighted he broke into Pelosi office stole her mail and left her a dirty note and quarter a big middle finger not so much to Pelosi as it was to all of America,

He was still all thrilled with himself after the fact right up until he was arrested.

Thats who he reminds me of and last i read Dick is very upset being in prison yelling at the judge its not fair to keep him locked up the judge didnt see it his way and left him safely behind bars where a commen thug criminal belongs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Remember the storming of the capt trump instagated on the 6th, and that one guy iirc his name was Dick, ahem, Richard something or another,

recall how puffed up proud of himself he was posing for a selfie at Pelosi desk with his feet up on it,  delighted he broke into Pelosi office stole her mail and left her a dirty note and quarter a big middle finger not so much to Pelosi as it was to all of America,

He was still all thrilled with himself after the fact right up until he was arrested.

Thats who he reminds me of and last i read Dick is very upset being in prison yelling at the judge its not fair to keep him locked up the judge didnt see it his way and left him safely behind bars where a commen thug criminal belongs.

That guy was a character, he certainly wasn't the brightest light bulb either. I mean what did the guy expect, did he think Trump would protect them all!:lol: I don't understand what any of those people were thinking, did they all think that nothing would be done about the crimes they committed. I especially loved the fools who said " this is the people's house we have a right to be here" :lol: Sadly how dumb can people be to think they can participate in an insurrection and that all would be forgiven. They obviously put their faith in the President and he through them all under the bus to save himself. But what's worst is even after he through them under the bus I bet most of them still follow him, man I just don't know what to think anymore.:no:

• Thanks 1

Iirc goat boy said something to the effect and i paraphase so fact check me that he did follow trumps orders as he was very smitten with trump and assumed he would be handed a get out of jail free pardon and when trump as you say kicked them all under the bus he was hurt felt betrayed jilted so he was willing to testify in the 2nd impeach of trump i lost most interest at that point trump was given the youre fired boot by the American voters.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Iirc goat boy said something to the effect and i paraphase so fact check me that he did follow trumps orders as he was very smitten with trump and assumed he would be handed a get out of jail free pardon and when trump as you say kicked them all under the bus he was hurt felt betrayed jilted so he was willing to testify in the 2nd impeach of trump i lost most interest at that point trump was given the youre fired boot by the American voters.

Yes that's pretty much what the Quanon Shaman said, its like I said what are these people thinking. Did I miss something or was Trump the Pied Pipe:lol: playing his toxic little flute. I just don't understand the loyalty to such a man and no matter what I never will. It seems like many of those people stopped thinking and just followed his lead. I can't think of any situation where I would blindly follow anything or anyone with seriously thinking about.

• Like 2

I notice that they didn't mention the rioters who attacked many government building in the past year.  If they are going to monitor people, they should monitor all kinds of people who may be planning attacks.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

The sad thing is you make it sound like there is no reason for them to do it. The problem here is simple the people you call Patriots are not Patriots according to their actions, threats, and general behavior ( Open carrying Assualt Rifes in Public ). These bad actors are going to get scoped up like you said, and they need to be. They don't carry Assualt Rifles for protection, they carry them to intimidate their neighbors, representatives, and law enforcement. So on this subject we will have to disagree.

Exactly. How many of the Capital rioters can prove in court, beyond a reasonable doubt that Biden was not lawfully elected? Let's see how any defense like that goes.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

These weren't the brightest bulbs bulbs in the shed, no doubt. I mean many probably would not be identified yet, had they been wearing mask, but like dear mask less leader they followed que and got identified.

• Like 2

The most recent “narrative” came from the Commander in Chief, so why isn’t he in jail for his failed coup attempt?

The state of confusion has no credibility.

The People have seen that they provide no refuge from the storms ahead. From the Twin Towers to the National Capitol, it’s no more than a dog and pony show.

They always have been. Literally nothing new is happening. Aside from headlines like these to further divide us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Exactly. How many of the Capital rioters can prove in court, beyond a reasonable doubt that Biden was not lawfully elected? Let's see how any defense like that goes.

That's their problem, and I doubt they will have any luck.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Myles said:

I notice that they didn't mention the rioters who attacked many government building in the past year.  If they are going to monitor people, they should monitor all kinds of people who may be planning attacks.  

Who said they were not monitoring everyone, do you really think they care what political party they support?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Who said they were not monitoring everyone, do you really think they care what political party they support?

It's more addressed at the media's reporting of it.  They do care about what political party people are associated with.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, South Alabam said:

The idiots that gate crashed the Capitol building will uniformly be convicted of trespassing and potentially destruction of Federal property.  They SHOULD BE.  OTOH, those whose only crime was trespassing and vandalism but who are being held in solitary or subjected to extremely harsh penalties above and beyond what others receive for similar violations, should join a class-action suit and sue the hell out of everyone involved in DC.  Not that it will do any good with that corrupt crowd but it may just raise some attention through independent media sources.  America has never been known as a thrid rate banana republic with political prisoners before.  Welcome to Biden's Amerika...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Myles said:

They probably are and have been.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, and then said:

The idiots that gate crashed the Capitol building will uniformly be convicted of trespassing and potentially destruction of Federal property.  They SHOULD BE.  OTOH, those whose only crime was trespassing and vandalism but who are being held in solitary or subjected to extremely harsh penalties above and beyond what others receive for similar violations, should join a class-action suit and sue the hell out of everyone involved in DC.  Not that it will do any good with that corrupt crowd but it may just raise some attention through independent media sources.  America has never been known as a thrid rate banana republic with political prisoners before.  Welcome to Biden's Amerika...

Im arrorant to this poltical crimes stuff Please list for me any other cases from the last 100 years that compare to a group insited by potus ( goat boy collaborates that ) that stormed the capt as these people did with the props they had, zip ties  gallows, yelling the threats they yelled etc,

Please do clue me in and just to help no, a bunch of looters breaking into a shoe store is the same they went to the store to steal junk they didnt force their way into the capt to threaten of harm and kill top U.S.officials  remember pence was there presumably scared

Post links to anything comparable.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Im arrorant to this poltical crimes stuff Please list for me any other cases from the last 100 years that compare to a group insited by potus ( goat boy collaborates that ) that stormed the capt as these people did with the props they had, zip ties  gallows, yelling the threats they yelled etc,

Please do clue me in and just to help no, a bunch of looters breaking into a shoe store is the same they went to the store to steal junk they didnt force their way into the capt to threaten of harm and kill top U.S.officials  remember pence was there presumably scared

Post links to anything comparable.

Thanks.

That's an opinion based on your biases.  Is it so difficult to understand that Americans across the nation who watched a bunch of lawless savages looting and burning in multiple cities, while the law enforcement agencies there basically IGNORED them, might think they were as entitled to get loose with their respect for law?  It shouldn't be.  What we witnessed was a massive and growing double standard of "justice" in this nation and that is corrosive.  

Proof of that is the topic of this very thread.  We are going to see Feds targeting, probably exclusively, those on the Right who have the nerve to speak out against obvious discrimination and double standards under the law while Democrats are in power.  If I'm wrong, and I genuinely hope I am, I'll cheerfully admit it.  Millions of Americans are angry, even outraged at the actions taken by the FBI, CIA, DoJ in general, and other agencies that were used to spy on and attempt to remove a duly elected president.  Evidence trickled out for 4 years yet not a SINGLE individual was so much as indicted, let alone tried for their actions.  That kind of "justice" may seem okay to those whose "side" is winning but the truth is that if the tables were turned and those acts were against your party, you'd be having a screaming fit about it.  You know you would.  And, you'd be RIGHT if it was happening to you.

I've said this for a few years now.  Lawlessness is a cancer and our country won't survive it for long.  When enough Americans lose faith in our justice system, this country will come apart at the seams.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1