Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

London rail apologises for 'ladies and gentlemen'

itsnotoutthere

Both Laurence and Jarley need their legs slapping. Seriously, how are they going to make it through life if this is how they carry on?

edit to say: and more fool LNER for pandering to them. :angry:

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 7

Laurence's colleague, Jarley - who also identifies as non-binary - said they were "alarmed" and "uncomfortable" with the lack of inclusion ............ ok then get of the train and catch the bus simple

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Both Laurence and Jarley need their legs slapping. Seriously, how are they going to make it through life if this is how they carry on?

I think the decline started 20 - 30 years ago when schools started telling kids they could be whatever they wanted to be even if they never put the effort in...every kid in the race gets a gold star even if they come last.

I wished I'd trained as a psychological therapist......they're going to make an absolute fortune in the next few years.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

For centuries the expression 'man' or 'mankind' has been used to cover all humans and up until now we were all able to cope with that. We knew what it covered and got on with our lives.

* runs outside and tears at hair whilst screaming at top of voice *

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Laurence's colleague, Jarley - who also identifies as non-binary - said they were "alarmed" and "uncomfortable" with the lack of inclusion ............ ok then get of the train and catch the bus simple

I have read this a few times and I'm still not sure whether we are talking about one or two people. Seriously. I was talking to the mother of a binary child once, the child (hope I can still use the 'c' word) identified as male and female, each with a different name. We were well into the conversation before I realised we weren't talking about twins.

I put it down to my age. I get male, female, lesbian, gay, trans-gender and cross-dressing. I recently learned that cis, or cis-gender, means you are still the same sex you were born with.  After that I don't understand it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

I have read this a few times and I'm still not sure whether we are talking about one or two people. Seriously. I was talking to the mother of a binary child once, the child (hope I can still use the 'c' word) identified as male and female, each with a different name. We were well into the conversation before I realised we weren't talking about twins.

I put it down to my age. I get male, female, lesbian, gay, trans-gender and cross-dressing. I recently learned that cis, or cis-gender, means you are still the same sex you were born with.  After that I don't understand it.

With you on that one. I thought L,G & B pretty much covered it.

• Like 2

. . . . . . and another thing * wags finger * : I hope LNER apologised to the poor train manager who made the announcement; he's probably traumatised! If I was him I'd quit my job.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

With you on that one. I thought L,G & B pretty much covered it.

As far as I'm concerned,ladies and gentlemen covers it.

L,g,b are ways of life,not genders.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

. . . . . . and another thing * wags finger * : I hope LNER apologised to the poor train manager who made the announcement; he's probably traumatised! If I was him I'd quit my job.

And another thing * exhales loudly * .what was the driver suposed to say " good morning gays ,lesbians ,straights,doggers and swappers " ?

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, diddyman68 said:

And another thing * exhales loudly * .what was the driver suposed to say " good morning gays ,lesbians ,straights,doggers and swappers " ?

How about "Oi ..you lot"

• Haha 8

Two total idiots (note: idiot is a gender neutral term) just very desperate for their "15 minutes" and happy to cause embarrassment and trouble* for one of their colleagues by greetin' like a pair of little girlies cos the nasty man didn't say the words we wanted him to and IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!! 

* I understand no action will be taken on account of nothing wrong having been said, but the poor guy has still been pilloried in public just for being nice and friendly towards his customers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Essan said:

Two total idiots (note: idiot is a gender neutral term) just very desperate for their "15 minutes" and happy to cause embarrassment and trouble* for one of their colleagues by greetin' like a pair of little girlies cos the nasty man didn't say the words we wanted him to and IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!! 

* I understand no action will be taken on account of nothing wrong having been said, but the poor guy has still been pilloried in public just for being nice and friendly towards his customers.

Gladly I think the vast majority will empathise with him rather than with they-them.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 6

Even "Attention, humans....." would be an insult, to anyone who self-identifies as Kryptonian.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Well, I guess we will be hearing "Hello Everyone" which no one could complain about.  It is so ridiculous some of the complaints.

• Like 5

A few years ago I read a sci fi novel where the main character came from a society that used genderless language.  It was interesting how the author let you know what gender someone was if it was a necessary piece of information for the story.   The author was Ann Leckie.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I think the decline started 20 - 30 years ago when schools started telling kids they could be whatever they wanted to be even if they never put the effort in...every kid in the race gets a gold star even if they come last.

I wished I'd trained as a psychological therapist......they're going to make an absolute fortune in the next few years.

I think there will be people who are kids now suing their parents when older, and suing a medical system which put them through gender change at an age where sexuality hadn`t yet developed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

I think there will be people who are kids now suing their parents when older, and suing a medical system which put them through gender change at an age where sexuality hadn`t yet developed.

It's already happening.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

"Good morning everyone."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Seriously, I spent 3 years greeting my class of 10 year olds with 'good morning everyone'.

Not one of them seemed to find that confusing instead of 'boys and girls'.

What do they have that you lot don't?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, acute said:

Even "Attention, humans....." would be an insult, to anyone who self-identifies as Kryptonian.

Both options would be a discrimination of German Shepherd dogs, which are a minority as well.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/01/woman-sue-nhs-rushed-gender-reassignment-treatment-12330020/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11078301/woman-sue-nhs-gender-reassignment/

• Like 3

18 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

LONDON North Eastern Railway (LNER) has been forced to apologise after the conductor greeted customers by saying "ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls" following a complaint by a non-binary person.

The non-binary passenger, known as Laurence and uses pronouns they and them, tweeted their complaint to the rail network. Laurence wrote on Twitter: "'Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...' so as a non-binary person this announcement doesn't actually apply to me so I won't listen."

Following their complaint, LNER was forced to respond and said their train managers should "not be using language" like this.

They replied: "I'm really sorry to see this, Laurence, our Train Managers should not be using language like this, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.   

Laurence's colleague, Jarley - who also identifies as non-binary - said they were "alarmed" and "uncomfortable" with the lack of inclusion

:w00t:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1435893/London-news-London-North-East-Railway-LGBT-complaint-woke-non-binary-ladies-and-gentlemen

They should change the greeting into:

"Good afternoon, Rectums and Stomas!"

That should settle this nonsense.

• Haha 2