Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

London rail apologises for 'ladies and gentlemen'

itsnotoutthere

1 hour ago, ted hughes said:

When I bought a phone recently, a young person with trousers and baggy sweatshirt, short hair, earrings and a nose ring, asked me a question and I replied "that's okay mate". I had a moment of real panic thinking I might have offended a young lady. I'm still not sure.

Don't worry about it.  I get called "sir", "Dude", "fella" on the internet all the time (not sure why, because I always have the gender tag on my handle).  I get mail with my name prefaced by Mr. because of the way my mother spelled my name.  Once in person a sale person called me sir when at the time I was a 15 year old girl.  It was the way I was dressed and I accepted that.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

It's a minefield.

This is true- I once heard a mother describing her offspring as "they"- they like Minecraft, they have a PS4, the poor bloke she was speaking to asked if they shared the games.

Turns out it was a binary child, they didn't have to share.

And that was man in the video. Looked like a man, spoke like a man and acted like man. Even offered to take him outside.

What was the consensus here- male or female?

1 minute ago, ted hughes said:

It's a minefield.

This is true- I once heard a mother describing her offspring as "they"- they like Minecraft, they have a PS4, the poor bloke she was speaking to asked if they shared the games.

And that was man in the video. Looked like a man, spoke like a man and acted like man. Even offered to take him outside.

Male.

1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Male.

Well what did the shop assistant say that was wrong? I though the customer was objecting to being called sir and wanted to be called ma'am.

28 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

Well what did the shop assistant say that was wrong? I though the customer was objecting to being called sir and wanted to be called ma'am.

To understand the argument you first have to accept that 'the customer' is female, or more precisely, accept 'the customers' word that it is female.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

To understand the argument you first have to accept that 'the customer' is female, or more precisely, accept 'the customers' word that it is female.

And what does it matter to you?

Have to seriously wonder about someone who's so obsessed with what other people have between their legs.

Like, haven't you tried finding a hobby?

• Haha 2

On 5/14/2021 at 7:00 AM, razman said:

Man , whats this world come to?

Exactly, why do they try to change the world for one or two oversensitive nut bars?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SD455GTO said:

Exactly, why do they try to change the world for one or two oversensitive nut bars?

It is more divisive programming.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Setton said:

And what does it matter to you?

Have to seriously wonder about someone who's so obsessed with what other people have between their legs.

Like, haven't you tried finding a hobby?

I am not at all obsessed, it's patently obvious what he has between his legs. that he should threaten to punch the poor guys lights out for stating the bleeding obvious is the is beyond obsessed, but I am staggered that people like you are so willing to fall for it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ted hughes said:

It's a minefield.

There's no consensus. It's a personal choice, on how one identifies.

Edited by Likely Guy

8 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

There's no consensus. It's a personal choice, on how one identifies.

You can can identify & call yourself a dumper truck if you want, doesn't mean you are one. Equally, you can call yourself a female, but if you've still got meat & two veg...

Now, if you're sure enough to commit to the difficult task of hormone treatments & plastic surgery & the full transition, then that's another story.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

But how could anyone be expected to know, if they didn't actually know the person? A bit unreasonable to get angry about it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

But how could anyone be expected to know, if they didn't actually know the person? A bit unreasonable to get angry about it.

Exactly.

To be clear, If a male has always believed that they are a female trapped in a male body to the point where they go down the long road to transition into a female (or vice versa) I'd be more than happy to refer to them in their 'preferred pronouns' but if somebody wakes up one day and suddenly decides in their head that they are female without any other commitment then I'm not interested, mistakes have been made already down that road with males identifying as female being let into female prisons with bad results.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Sad 1