Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can humans breathe through their rectum ?

UM-Bot

You have to ask yourself: why did someone suddenly decide to study this? Could they not find anything more useful to use their energy on? :hmm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

I don't know if people can breath through them, but I know a few who talk out of them.

:blink: That must get messy in conversation?

• Haha 2

"Rectum?!!  He damned near KILLED 'EM"  :w00t:

Sorry... it's an old joke...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Maybe we could also dive and breath with a snorkel stuck in a rectum? :geek:

Edited by jethrofloyd
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

You have to ask yourself: why did someone suddenly decide to study this? Could they not find anything more useful to use their energy on? :hmm:

Some people just like to blow their own trumpet.

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, acute said:

I can breathe through my rectum, but only exhale.

@acute

in that case dont light that match...

you have to be sure there is no backdraft.... 

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

some people is a bit anal

• Haha 1

Have no one else noticed that when completely naked and you can feel a breeze on your `exit` that you do feel more aerated when exercising and can go longer without becoming out of breath?

21 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Have no one else noticed that when completely naked and you can feel a breeze on your `exit` that you do feel more aerated when exercising and can go longer without becoming out of breath?

Can't say that I have.

Completely serious question that someone who's not me should look into: Would eating a hearty meal of cabbage and beans affect any potential aerobic exchange? There's already a certain amount of waste airflow, so how would it interact with a deliberate injection of liquid perfluorocarbon?

I guess time relevant in an era where it's more socially acceptable to fart than cough 

• Like 1

"whistling"

...any minute now 

~

7 hours ago, Xeno-Fish said:

I don't know if people can breath through them, but I know a few who talk out of them.

So, how many people came to this thread with a post in mind then saw Xeno had beaten them to it?

• Haha 1

Man in court, after beating the nurse who gave him an enema:

- She tried to drown me!!

Edited by zep73
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

yeah I've often wondered this.. Some of the so-called studies I've heard about over the years kinda makes me think WTF!!

I remember years ago hearing about UK lotto money given to a European yogurt manufacturer to help the 'study' of making their yogurt thicker.. Again= WTF.. Anyways WTF do I know...

Another 'study' I remember had something to do with what socks you put on & how it makes you feel!?!? Yet again= WTF?!?

Oh what a wonderful caring study- money well spent:unsure2:

Edited by Dejarma
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Setton said:

So, how many people came to this thread with a post in mind then saw Xeno had beaten them to it?

None.

Xeno's name showed up in the list of forums and the list of threads in this forum.

1 hour ago, Abramelin said:

None.

Xeno's name showed up in the list of forums and the list of threads in this forum.

I don't know what part of that confused you but I suggest you just try reading again.

21 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

@Dejarma

As crass as it is this actually has alot of applications. 

They rescued mice and pigs who went into respitory failure which this knowledge which means we might be able to develop new emergency procedures to rescue humans with respitory failure as well.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/mammals-can-use-their-intestines-to-breathe#:~:text=As the intestinal gas ventilation,especially in severely ill people.

Also in the OP article it was talking about how they improved people's oxygen blood level with this knowledge. 

This could be useful knowledge for nations without enough ventilators right now to deal with Covid.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Also in the OP article it was talking about how they improved people's oxygen blood level with this knowledge. 

This could be useful knowledge for nations without enough ventilators right now to deal with Covid.

yeah good point

• Thanks 1