Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flight crews saw UFOs 'every day for two years'

Everyday for 2 years so 365 x 2 if i only as for ono pic a day thats still a lot of pix but wait if our military isnt doing anything about it then they either know its no thread or they are very incompetent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I know an ex RAF pilot who is a nice guy but very sombre and almost robotic.

I asked about UFO sightings. He matter of fact said, one. 

He was asked to go take a look at something that had appeared on radar and dipped in and out.

He got within 800 yards, locked on, it shot off to horizon and out of sight in about 3 seconds.

I asked him what it was and he just nonchalantly replied something like, well nothing from from around here. I asked him, around here? He said yes, Earth.

I took that to mean alien.

He didn't even look surprised. But that is his way too. Very direct. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

I asked him what it was and he just nonchalantly replied something like, well nothing from from around here. I asked him, around here? He said yes, Earth

He was no more qualified to make that judgment than anyone else.  All anyone could say is that it was not a craft of any generally-known type, which does not dictate that it must originate from another planet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Inn Spectre said:

He was no more qualified to make that judgment than anyone else.  All anyone could say is that it was not a craft of any generally-known type, which does not dictate that it must originate from another planet.

or the ex pilot made up the story to impress -- who knows

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

So a >50M$ device was given into the hands a guy who claim to have seen >700 "UFOs"? Something is wrong with the hiring process over there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Fighter pilots are allowed 4 lbs of personal stuff. But everything has to be turned off and stowed. Meaning the cellphone is in a pocket zipped up. 

Anyone thinking that it’s a fighter pilot is going to override his computer to release their harness enough to unzip a pocket to get to a phone to turn it on and grab a photo has issues with reality and probably doesn’t take their own job seriously. Fighter pilots fall into the “take their job seriously” category.

and of course 80 percent of every fighter jet has mounted cameras now.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

I know an ex RAF pilot who is a nice guy but very sombre and almost robotic.

I asked about UFO sightings. He matter of fact said, one. 

He was asked to go take a look at something that had appeared on radar and dipped in and out.

He got within 800 yards, locked on, it shot off to horizon and out of sight in about 3 seconds.

I asked him what it was and he just nonchalantly replied something like, well nothing from from around here. I asked him, around here? He said yes, Earth.

He didn't even look surprised. But that is his way too. Very direct. 

A story of a story which is all the threads op is,

There is no excuses for total and complete lack of evidence here,  if and that is a qualifying "if" you saw something allegedly unexplained daily for 2 years idk about you guys but i would be far too humiliatingly ashamed to present the claim with zero evidence.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

... at which point I think I would have asked him a few more questions.  Or was there a blinding light and your contact vanished in a puff of smoke? 

I have similar conversations all the time, such as - 

• Me: Hey - Bats?
  • 13Bats: Yes?
  • Me: Any idea where I can get a rechargeable Norwegian wombat for my 1930s optimism-powered igloo in Holhol District, Djibouti?
  • 13Bats: Sorry, no idea.

I took that to mean that Bats knows all about rechargeable wombats, he's just not familiar with the shops in Djibouti.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

"I was walking my sister`s dog and all of a sudden ..... yadayada"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There's a very simple resolution to this. Just submit a FOIA request for the flight logs and crew rosters (so they can be interviewed as well) during the alleged time period.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Trelane said:

There's a very simple resolution to this. Just submit a FOIA request for the flight logs and crew rosters (so they can be interviewed as well) during the alleged time period.

As someone that submits at least a request a month.... yeah that’s not going to work. After a year of trying you maaayyyy get something that is 80 percent blacked out.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Inn Spectre said:

That's just plain wrong isn't it?

He is more qualified than me for sure.

I wouldn't be sure what it was. He spent years flying for the RAF.

He's a quiet individual, controlled, competitive, sporty and very concise.

There was something very odd.

It was just me he was telling, no audience. It makes difference to our friendship, nothing to prove. 

He was matter of fact. Alien.

Why not? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

A story of a story which is all the threads op is,

There is no excuses for total and complete lack of evidence here,  if and that is a qualifying "if" you saw something allegedly unexplained daily for 2 years idk about you guys but i would be far too humiliatingly ashamed to present the claim with zero evidence.

If it happens all the time? No, probably wouldn't bother. Flight command say don't bother, we get them all the time. Soon becomes the norm. You think he should have kept a journal as it was bound bound get the full rigeur of UM questions? If he took a mobile with him, it'd just get laughed at here. Whatever he got, short of letting people flying the craft, it'd never be enough here.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Nobu said:

As someone that submits at least a request a month.... yeah that’s not going to work. After a year of trying you maaayyyy get something that is 80 percent blacked out.

I suppose it depends on what specifically you're requesting. Your results vary from mine unfortunately, never had that much trouble. Some items are and will remain redacted due to classification and recertification at the time an item was archived. But you've had TSCs so you know this already.

Anyway, through those documents you can learn who else was on duty at the time of the alleged incidents and then interview them for corroboration. If there's really anything there to begin with. My hunch is that it's all more storytelling and ramblings with conjecture sprinkled in.

Edited by Trelane

21 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I suppose it depends on what specifically you're requesting. Your results vary from mine unfortunately, never had that much trouble. Some items are and will remain redacted due to classification and recertification at the time an item was archived. But you've had TSCs so you know this already.

Anyway, through those documents you can learn who else was on duty at the time of the alleged incidents and then interview them for corroboration. If there's really anything there to begin with. My hunch is that it's all more storytelling and ramblings with conjecture sprinkled in.

Most of my foia’s are universities as am a college football fanatic and as an old guy I have time now. The ones I’ve fought for with the government have been a joke of a waste of time.

• Confused 2

And just a friendly reminder that none of the footage released shows anything ‘outmaneuvering’. 

All we have is anecdotes. 

And that’s my issue with the OP article too, the pilot seems to be talking about the GIMBAL video as if the object rotated etc. but the video does not show that.

Former Navy pilot Lieutenant Ryan Graves:

Ryan Graves: I don't see an exhaust plume. 

Ryan Graves: This is a difficult one to explain. You have rotation, you have high altitudes.  You have propulsion, right? I don't know. I don't know what it is, frankly.

So there you have a pilot misinterpreting footage from aircraft in his own FA/18 squadron...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

May 26, 2019

No one in the Defense Department is saying that the objects were extraterrestrial, and experts emphasize that earthly explanations can generally be found for such incidents. Lieutenant Graves and four other Navy pilots, who said in interviews with The New York Times that they saw the objects in 2014 and 2015 in training maneuvers from Virginia to Florida off the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt, make no assertions of their provenance.

Full story at NYT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rolci said:

Please do tell us, what kind of evidence exactly would YOU need that would convince you it's visitors from outer space.

For me, something like this and in this image quality. At least.

8lz5TMJ.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, toast said:

For me, something like this and in this image quality. At least.

8lz5TMJ.jpg

I don't want to have aliens burst out of my chest. Should go with E.T.s ship or close encounters.

19 minutes ago, Rolci said:

what's the evidence that would be sufficient to convince you that this has happened and is happening.

for me, it would be when the evidence is not <just_a_story>... Does not matter who tells the story, it's still <just_a_story>

everything is based around what we are <told> is true.. That is not good enough for me.. Especially when it's highly likely those telling the story will probably end up earning money from <just_a_story> somewhere down the line.

Therefore I can only question the motivation of those involved with telling the story of which TBH i find FKing annoying & an insult to my intelligence.

All the BS involved with the telling of the Rendlesham forest ufo <story> is a good example of that! 

ooops, nearly forgot:

in my opinion ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Dejarma said:

for me, it would be when the evidence is not <just_a_story>... Does not matter who tells the story, it's still <just_a_story>

everything is based around what we are <told> is true.. That is not good enough for me.. Especially when it's highly likely those telling the story will probably end up earning money from <just_a_story> somewhere down the line.

A fair expectation I'd say. Much better than the flat-earthers on this forum for whom no amount or type of evidence is ever good enough.

39 minutes ago, Rolci said:

A fair expectation I'd say. Much better than the flat-earthers on this forum for whom no amount or type of evidence is ever good enough.

how do you know? I'm sure these flat-earthers, as you call them, will be interested in the type of evidence I'm talking about- as in: <not_a_story>.

Though I guess it could be said that all the navy footage that has surfaced over the years is not <just_a_ story>= it's video evidence. 
Having said that, there is <just_a_ story> behind how & why this footage surfaced in the first place- something I've discussed in here a thousand times over in this forum, & not willing to go into it -yet again- far too boring now..
Though I can sum my feelings up in a few lines:

the people whose voices you hear in these videos know exactly what it is they are looking at...& it's nothing strange/ mysterious & unknown to them, just work related to do with system/ drone testing etc. Though the stories told want you to believe otherwise for reasons i've already stated.

Again= just my opinion.

Peace, Rolci.

Dej...

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dejarma said:

how do you know? I'm sure these flat-earthers, as you call them, will be interested in the type of evidence I'm talking about- as in: <not_a_story>.

Yep, while im no flat earther i am admittly one who doesnt recognize a story as evidence, as you say with this one we have a video and it still doesn't prove anything to me, to make claims this video proves aliens are here is just as ridiculous as claiming the earth is flat,

What the more sensitive emotionally driven dear believers might want to try is not taking things so darn personal if you believe this video proves ET is here i do not care at all so why do you get so upset the video means nothing to me, it doesnt ake sense.