Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chess server downtime on Friday

Saru

Unfortunately looks like the "Red Hot Pawn" site will be down for up to 24 hours starting tomorrow evening, the following message was issued on their site:

Due to some recent technical issues, a site outage will be occurring on Friday (20:30 GMT) for up to 24 hours. During this time you will not be able to access this site.

As a result, game timeouts will be suspended for the duration of the entire weekend.

Hope that doesn't mess up the UM chess matches too much.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Elfstone810

• BurnSide

• Saru

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the chess matches stay there and don't get wiped out, i'm okay waiting 24 hours to continue.

The matches won't get wiped out, so it should be ok.

It's 3 AM Saturday morning here. Is the site still down, anyone know? Before I was getting the site, but getting a message that it was down, but now all I can get is a "cannot find server" page. hmm.gif

Oh, well. I can claim that I lasted for days in the two practice games I'm playing anyway. tongue.gif

Yeah i'm still getting 'Cannot find server', so they must still be at it. It should be working again later on today hopefully.

Yeah, still getting the down server. sad.gif What is it now, 2pm in England?

2.08 You were actually pretty close. But its BRITAIN which uses it.

Its now 10.22 odd GMT here and its still not up sad.gif

I did use to live there, i know the time zones. original.gif

Sorry, i did mean the UK.

Still down eh. Last time i check was about 2 hours ago. Bah.

It's probably a conspiracy! ohmy.gif

2.28 AM - Maybe not long to wait, I'm now getting this 'We will be live again shortly. Thank you for your continued patience.' as opposed to 'The page cannot be displayed'

Well, the fact that they took the time to make something to say they'll be back soon, probably suggests we have a long wait in store. Otherwise, why bother right?

sad.gif

There is an old saying, 'a watched pot never boils'.

Talon...would you care to match wits with me? ph34r.gif

Talon...would you care to match wits with me? 

Sure, on PHP, Practice or Official?

Although I'm currently playing 6 people, I think thats the max amount of matches you can play, so you may have to wait until I finish one.

Woohoo! Thank goodness i was wrong!

Although I'm currently playing 6 people, I think thats the max amount of matches you can play, so you may have to wait until I finish one.

Practise might be good for a start since I haven't played in many years. blink.gif

Whenever you are finished let me know. Chess is after all a game of patience. original.gif

well........saru is picking on me ( he threatened to de-mod me unless I let him him win......cos he's a bully like that ) so I'll have a spare game going very shortly if anyone fancies it.

thumbsup.gif

P.S.....it's all true about saru, don't let him try to tell you he won fair and square or anything

laugh.gif

This is weird! Saru and Talon are both trying to trap my kings between their bishops and queens! tongue.gif

This is weird! Saru and Talon are both trying to trap my kings between their bishops and queens! 

And it just back-fired crying.gif I didn't even see that Bishop to the right

Thanks for the queen, Talon! grin2.gif

Wouldn't it be humilating if, me having been giving you tips yesterday, were beaten by you today crying.gif LOL

See what I said about confidence crying.gif

Well, you never know, this no Queen thing might be an advantage...... don't know how, but it might wacko.gif

LOL! grin2.gif

Aww! You're probably just distracted. You're only playing, what? Six games right now?