Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Space Force commander removed after comments on podcast

Grim Reaper 6

Since taking command as a commander about 10 months ago, I saw what I consider fundamentally incompatible that wasn't just prolific in social media or throughout the country during this past year, but it was spreading throughout the United States military. And I had recognized those narratives as being Marxist in nature," he added.

Lt. Gen. Stephen Whiting, Space Operations Command commander, relieved Lt. Col. Matthew Lohmeier of command of the 11th Space Warning Squadron, Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado, May 14, due to loss of trust and confidence in his ability to lead," the official told the network.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/space-force-commander-removed-after-comments-on-podcast/ar-BB1gNqsn

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 1

According to the article linked this is what he said:

When pushed on what he meant by these comments, Lohmeier said The New York Times's 1619 Project, a historical look at how slavery shaped the country's institutions, was "anti-American."

"It teaches intensive teaching that I heard at my base - that at the time the country ratified the United States Constitution, it codified white supremacy as the law of the land," Lohmeier said.

"If you want to disagree with that, then you start [being] labelled all manner of things, including racist," he continued.

Wikipedia on Slavery in the US:

Slavery in the United States was the legal institution of human chattel slavery, primarily of Africans and African Americans, that existed in the United States of America from its founding in 1776 until the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment in 1865. Slavery was established throughout European colonization in the Americas. From early colonial days, it was practiced in Britain's colonies, including the Thirteen Colonies which formed the United States. Under the law, an enslaved person was treated as property and could be bought, sold, or given away. Slavery lasted in about half of U.S. states until 1865. As an economic system, slavery was largely replaced by sharecropping and convict leasing.

It seems to me he may have been removed for being stupid. I don't think it is possible to be more racist than enslaving another race, because they are another race. It is sort of the definition of racism. Right or wrong, approve or disapprove.

Edited by ted hughes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@ted hughes Hey Ted and thanks for your post. There is no doubt the guy was not thinking clearly and very conflicted. But, the thing that surprises me most is the fact that he was willing to throw away his military career, retirement, and all that goes with it. However, I do have to also give him some credit, unlike most people online who talk a big game, this guy talked the talk and walked the walk.

Because of that I can certainly respect him, even though I totally disagree with him. I mean he knew what his comments would cost him, and he stood up like a man and made them anyway. I honest don't know of many people who would throw everything away, including myself to exercise their 1st Amendment Right and effectly destroy everything they have worked for. All I can say, is it almost sounds like he has some kind of mental problem, I just don't know what else to say.

• Like 2

Maybe he's worried that slaves won't be allowed in Space and thus he won't be able to have slaves out there in Space 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1