Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama on UFOs: 'we don't know what they are'

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Great post, thanks for sharing!:lol:

But actually it's never time to die, if you become a Buddhist like I have reincarnation is part of the package!!:yes:

I personally have never really been all that enthralled about being picked up off the bathroom floor and flushed.  but that's just me

We all are born today.  We all die today.  One moment.  One life.  One glorious life. and then the abyss...yet...life continues...always...

forever... being spiraled downward...down...down...down....until eventually we return as 

Eternal Life!

Tardigrade, facts and photos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

I personally have never really been all that enthralled about being picked up off the bathroom floor and flushed.  but that's just me

We all are born today.  We all die today.  One moment.  One life.  One glorious life. and then the abyss...yet...life continues...always...

forever... being spiraled downward...down...down...down....until eventually we return as 

Eternal Life!

My little friend the Taragrade, proof positive that life as we know it can survive in the vacuum of cold dark space and then come back home and reproduce like nothing even occurred. One thing that is for certain is that life will find a way to procreate, and survive environmental conditions we never thought were possible. Even on the planet Earth we have made discoveries of new ecosystems filled with life we never thought could possible exist.

In the deepest darkest Ocean depths, living on toxic mixtures of chemicals as a food source and surviving in temperatures of 300 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit that would kill any other life form on the planet. Whats seeming more amazing is that this life was just discovered approximately 44 years ago in 1977, and does this mean that the trail of life on Earth is now ended, hell no. There is no telling when the next discovery will occur, however it is likely that it will occur in our future. 

When one considers the extremophiles that exist on Earth, there is no telling what other forms of life that may exist in our Solar system. Such as under the frozen water of Ice covered moons, that are internally heated by their radioactive cores, and at different levels of planetary atmospheres where life no longer exists on the planets surface like Venus. But there is also the possibility of intelligent aquatic life on moons or planets that are just now being considered right in our Solar system. So when all of this is considered, there is no doubt that intelligent life at our level of technology or far beyond exists within the Milkyway Galaxy and across our Universe or in the next Universe that begins where ours ends.

The Astrobiology of Alien Worlds: Known and Unknown Forms of Life, Peer Reviewed and excepted 19 Aug 2020, and published 20 Aug 2020.

https://res.mdpi.com/d_attachment/universe/universe-06-00130/article_deploy/universe-06-00130.pdf

Oh and by the way my friend, I have missed our recent conversations, hope you have time in the future to continue them.

Take care Joc  

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 5:02 AM, the13bats said:

Expect the unexpected. Just because aliens don’t talk, think, and act the way you expect them too doesn’t mean any evidence seen of aliens is fake or a hoax. 

This is why I say always keep an open mind.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, ufoguy said:

Just because aliens don’t talk, think, and act the way you expect them too doesn’t mean any evidence seen of aliens is fake or a hoax

Just because you have opinions about how aliens might or might not behave does not excuse a total lack of decent evidence.  They may as well not exist if they don't affect reality, or are simply too rare and far away to even be able to be detected or communicate with us.

So, yes, I'm waiting patiently for the unexpected, which in this case is also known as "decent evidence".

Feel free to come back when you have some.  Maybe after the June 'disclosure'..? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/30/2021 at 1:22 AM, ufoguy said:

Expect the unexpected. Just because aliens don’t talk, think, and act the way you expect them too doesn’t mean any evidence seen of aliens is fake or a hoax. 

This is why I say always keep an open mind.

I hope not so open things you need fall out and roll under the sofa.

There is no evidence of aliens you posted your best and it was old played out very well debunked cases,

I recall the late grover krantz saying if bigfoot isnt proven to exist who cares if it becomes extinct.

I will apply that to aliens, if we have no proof there were ever here which we dont and no proof they are here now which we dont then none of this matters now does it?

• Like 3

On 5/26/2021 at 5:19 AM, psyche101 said:

Hi discussed it with Vallee, he didn't advocate it. It was Vallee's idea. 

You had mentioned Hynek's 1973 argument against ETI.  Four years later, at the 1977 International UFO Congress in Chicago, he said, "there is sufficient evidence to defend both the ETI and the EDI hypothesis." He there and then advocated what he called "The ExtraDimensional Intelligence Hypothesis (EDI)."

For clarity's sake, do you recognize the fact that Hynek came to view some UFOs as technology that defies our knowledge of physics?

That's just not true. 

Are you actually denying that  UFOs have been the subject of widespread ridicule? Really?

The UFO public turned on Hynek in Michigan. He genuinely investigated the phenomena for official sources. If what your saying was true that just wouldn't have happened. 

Hynek became a vocal critic of Project Blue Book precisely because of their refusal to treat the subject seriously. 

The air force encouraged UFO alien ideas to mask black ops. Pilots from area 51 have stated exactly that.

Interesting. Can you please direct me to some info on this? Thanks.

Namely the BS he promoted on Roswell and the fact he called himself a scientist long after he stopped actually practising science. 

Hmmm. I stay clear of Roswell. Ha! Lots of noise with little to no signal, as far as I can tell. We can save Stanton for another time, I suppose.

Edited by SeekTruth
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 9:21 AM, ufoguy said:

And this is not doctored this is real

yep, it sure is real... good find, well done.

have you ever been haggis hunting? just wondering

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2021 at 6:04 AM, joc said:

Eternal Life!

That’s sad. Really sad. I don’t pity many people on online forums but I might you. There is likely no , nothing , Nadda after death. We just…… disappear. But your little short piece of crap 70 years “alive” means something. Do something. Be something. Change the  life of the next virus and make it better. If you don’t then you just die and evaporate part of the problem. I paraphrased from a poet.

• Confused 2

On 5/27/2021 at 6:10 PM, Manwon Lender said:

Great post, thanks for sharing!:lol:

But actually it's never time to die, if you become a Buddhist like I have reincarnation is part of the package!!:yes:

The quote is from Roy Batty, the head replicant in Blade Runner (Rutger Hauer extemporised the lines off the top of his head) btw for those who couldn't place it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

The quote is from Roy Batty, the head replicant in Blade Runner (Rutger Hauer extemporised the lines off the top of his head) btw for those who couldn't place it.

Not entirly correct about it being a true off the top ad lib sadly what ended up in the film was a very hacked down choppy version of a longer better Batty soliloquy,  not in the moment ad libbed.

Like when quint tells the Indianapolis story in jaws.

The Revco song "attack ships on fire" was inspired by the film and i cant thing of a movie more quoted with samples in industrial music than blade runner,

Ive use "the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long" as passing respect to countless dead friends.

Okay lets get back to "unknown" means aliens :rolleyes:

• Thanks 3

Ive heard that most of these "UFO's" arent actually extraterrestrials. Most of them actually belong to us...which is pretty cool :D

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nobu said:

That’s sad. Really sad. I don’t pity many people on online forums but I might you. There is likely no , nothing , Nadda after death. We just…… disappear. But your little short piece of crap 70 years “alive” means something. Do something. Be something. Change the  life of the next virus and make it better. If you don’t then you just die and evaporate part of the problem. I paraphrased from a poet.

What are you going on about Nobu?  Did my thought process offend your thought process?  Hmmmmmm....interesting....what are you going on about?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2021 at 5:27 AM, Normandy888 said:

Ive heard that most of these "UFO's" arent actually extraterrestrials. Most of them actually belong to us...which is pretty cool :D

Replace "most" with "all" and you nailed it. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/30/2021 at 9:04 PM, ChrLzs said:

Just because you have opinions about how aliens might or might not behave does not excuse a total lack of decent evidence.  They may as well not exist if they don't affect reality, or are simply too rare and far away to even be able to be detected or communicate with us.

So, yes, I'm waiting patiently for the unexpected, which in this case is also known as "decent evidence".

Feel free to come back when you have some.  Maybe after the June 'disclosure'..? 

Whats decent evidence to u?

On 5/31/2021 at 8:50 AM, the13bats said:

I hope not so open things you need fall out and roll under the sofa.

There is no evidence of aliens you posted your best and it was old played out very well debunked cases,

I recall the late grover krantz saying if bigfoot isnt proven to exist who cares if it becomes extinct.

I will apply that to aliens, if we have no proof there were ever here which we dont and no proof they are here now which we dont then none of this matters now does it?

Like i said just because we dont have live video of aliens landing in front of the white house and doing interviews on CBS news doesnt mean they are not here,... If thats the kind of evidence your looking for. Maybe the best evidence is amateur videos, photos and eye witness... like i said keep and open mind

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 3:49 PM, Dejarma said:

yep, it sure is real... good find, well done.

no

2 hours ago, ufoguy said:

Whats decent evidence to u?

Here are some of the main characteristics of real evidence.  A genuine alien encounter would pretty easily contain not just one of these things, but several.  However, I'd still be interested if you have an example of ANY of them that you think has been dismissed unfairly - don't be shy, just cite your very best example.  You'll note the list does not include memories and anecdotes.  

- evidence from an authoritative source who has verifiable video or still imagery showing a non-terrestrial craft design and / or video of non-terrestrial maneuvers (an authoritative source would be someone like an amateur astronomer or photographer with a proven record.  (Like me. :D )  The video/images should be accompanied by a matching full account of where, when, etc.

- evidence that is verifiably corroborated, eg an entirely separate person who has video from another angle

- video evidence that is verifiable and still on the original media used when it was taken (in other words, if it clearly shows an alien flying saucer in high detail, we can check if it was or was not photoshopped).

- there's much more, but that is a good start...  Now that might sound 'strict', but let's have a couple of examples.  Let's say I proposed that there were flying machines with huge moving blades and no wings.  Let's call them 'helicopters'.  If I wanted to prove they exist, I can look at the list above, and ... hey presto, I can supply all of that stuff and lots more.  Hurrah, 'helicopters' exist!!!

Or I could propose that a flying triangle was rocketing up to huge heights and spying on everyone, and it had no pilot.  Let's call it the 'X37B'.  If I wanted to prove that existed... I look at my list above, and yep, I can do all those things again.  Here it is, made by Boeing:
https://www.space.com/25275-x37b-space-plane.html

And so on.  I can point to a Googleplex of REAL things for which I can provide plenty of real evidence.  Anecdotes and stories are not evidence, they are only for unicorns and faeries. 

What's more, our skies are now being surveilled many magnitudes of times more than they ever were in the 40's thru 00's, which was the heyday for ufoz=alienz.  So why is there still not a shred of decent evidence?  I'm out there with my serious camera (which 20 years ago I couldn't afford) and all I get is stuff like this, all identifiable (and I'm not alone - ask any serious photography enthusiast):

med_gallery_95887_38_35631.jpgComet McNaught, with annoying amateursmed_gallery_95887_40_1101.jpgThe ISS and the moon

med_gallery_95887_13_78847.jpgMoon behind clouds

Moon Brisbane 2014 01 07The moon, 450mm telephoto

It's those dam camera detectors - them alienz run like the wind when they see me (or anyone similarly equipped) on their 'radar'...

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

Like i said just because we dont have live video of aliens landing in front of the white house and doing interviews on CBS news doesnt mean they are not here,... If thats the kind of evidence your looking for. Maybe the best evidence is amateur videos, photos and eye witness... like i said keep and open mind

Of course we would love to have a craft land on the WH lawn or have the aliens home for dinner providing we arent the main course but to be realistic while i do have respect for many amateur astronomers i dont have much faith in "ufo hunters" too much about attention and profits with all that fluff.

Times have changed people no longer accept the ruses of people like george adanski or billy Meier, past very naive true believers most common folks would need more than stories and blurry decades old pictures.

If the right respected person producted decent pictures and collabaration that would likely be good enough for me, the simple fact is if aliens were here they would be on CBS and other top news outlets not clickbait youtube tripe.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Here are some of the main characteristics of real evidence.  A genuine alien encounter would pretty easily contain not just one of these things, but several.  However, I'd still be interested if you have an example of ANY of them that you think has been dismissed unfairly - don't be shy, just cite your very best example.  You'll note the list does not include memories and anecdotes.  

- evidence from an authoritative source who has verifiable video or still imagery showing a non-terrestrial craft design and / or video of non-terrestrial maneuvers (an authoritative source would be someone like an amateur astronomer or photographer with a proven record.  (Like me. :D )  The video/images should be accompanied by a matching full account of where, when, etc.

- evidence that is verifiably corroborated, eg an entirely separate person who has video from another angle

- video evidence that is verifiable and still on the original media used when it was taken (in other words, if it clearly shows an alien flying saucer in high detail, we can check if it was or was not photoshopped).

- there's much more, but that is a good start...  Now that might sound 'strict', but let's have a couple of examples.  Let's say I proposed that there were flying machines with huge moving blades and no wings.  Let's call them 'helicopters'.  If I wanted to prove they exist, I can look at the list above, and ... hey presto, I can supply all of that stuff and lots more.  Hurrah, 'helicopters' exist!!!

Or I could propose that a flying triangle was rocketing up to huge heights and spying on everyone, and it had no pilot.  Let's call it the 'X37B'.  If I wanted to prove that existed... I look at my list above, and yep, I can do all those things again.  Here it is, made by Boeing:

And so on.  I can point to a Googleplex of REAL things for which I can provide plenty of real evidence.  Anecdotes and stories are not evidence, they are for for unicorns and faeries. 

What's more, our skies are now being surveilled many magnitudes of times more than they ever were in the 40's thru 00's, which was the heyday for ufoz=alienz.  So why is there still not a shred of decent evidence?  I'm out there with my serious camera (which 20 years ago I couldn't afford) and all I get is stuff like this, all identifiable (and I'm not alone - ask any serious photography enthusiast):

med_gallery_95887_38_35631.jpgComet McNaught, with annoying amateursmed_gallery_95887_40_1101.jpgThe ISS and the moon

It's those dam camera detectors - them alienz run like the wind when they see me (or anyone similarly equipped) on their 'radar'...

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

And so on.  I can point to a Googleplex of REAL things for which I can provide plenty of real evidence.  Anecdotes and stories are not evidence, they are for for unicorns and faeries. 

sorry but the best evidence your going to get is videos like the pentagon ufo videos...or navy ufo videos or photos....

Any picture of ufos  of (ODD SHAPES) from professional observers like military pilots or commercial airplane pilots by far is the best evidence because they are putting they careers on the line showing and talking about what they saw....if u cant trust a professional observer that can identify crafts as fars as shape size aerodynamic features... and propulsion , who are saying they cant explain how this wingless craft fly and how it goes against aerodynamic physics , then i dont know what to tell u...

https://www.history.com/news/ufo-sightings-credible-modern

5dd7113abdb61.image.jpg?resize=1200,852

As far as aliens it self , best evidence is amateur videos or photos from eyewitness....aliens dont have to give u evidence the way u expect to receive it. If caught on video or picture then kudos to you, but thats all there is take it or leave it

6%20Real%20Photos%20of%20Aliens%20That%2

Edited by ufoguy
  • Haha 1

barbara walters

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Of course we would love to have a craft land on the WH lawn or have the aliens home for dinner providing we arent the main course but to be realistic while i do have respect for many amateur astronomers i dont have much faith in "ufo hunters" too much about attention and profits with all that fluff.

Times have changed people no longer accept the ruses of people like george adanski or billy Meier, past very naive true believers most common folks would need more than stories and blurry decades old pictures.

If the right respected person producted decent pictures and collabaration that would likely be good enough for me, the simple fact is if aliens were here they would be on CBS and other top news outlets not clickbait youtube tripe.

i know u want the alien interviews with Barbra Walters or Oprah, but like i said just because u expect them to do interviews on fox news.. doesnt mean they are not here abducting people and harassing military or navy pilots....

On 6/1/2021 at 8:49 PM, Dejarma said:

You have obviously never hunted haggis either!

You can't "hunt" a haggis. They don't move quickly enough to get away!  That's why they are a protected species.

• Haha 1

Bring me the corpse of an actually earth visiting alien and I'll believe they're visiting us. Same goes for their craft.

Having read the headlines about the 'report', all I can say is.. time to move the goalposts again, true believers.

And note that, exactly as I and others have predicted, the while the report makes vague claims that some alleged maneuvers are currently unexplained, NONE, I repeat ZERO NADA ZILCH of those claimed unexplainable maneuvers are in any of the videos, and neither has any radar data and proper analysis shown any of those maneuvers.

In other words, it seems that ONLY a few pilots' tales contain these claims.  Again, happy to be proven wrong....  Anyone like to dispute that?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This applies to this thread too, so here it is again:

Here's the most recent input on the topic from Big Neil "I'd love me some aliens!!" Degrasse Tyson..

Essentially, he says... While yes, there are probably aliens way out there..   No they haven't visited us - too far and too rare and too many people with cameras are all failing to capture anything.  And our perceptions cannot be trusted.  "In science, eyewitness testimony is so lowly rated, we don't even accept it.."

It'll be interesting to see if he returns for any additional comments now that "The Report" is being released.  But given the fact that The Report just re-iterates what we already did and didn't know, I think it might be redundant.

Anyways, I totally agree with Neil...  BETTER EVIDENCE please.

• Like 1

They just showed clips from Navy pilots who encountered something they couldn't identify on ABC World News Tonight. The pilots talked about how the "aircraft" was moving, and against the wind. They were showing cockpit video. The broadcast just said they can't identify them or where they come from, but they have nothing to do with the US. They do seem to be able to out maneuver anything we have.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1