Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama on UFOs: 'we don't know what they are'

2 hours ago, khol said:

Can you define this?  Believers in what. You yourself have stated black ops its all myself and others here are suggesting. I could be wrong but don't recall reading where any particular poster is flat out saying ET anywhere. This discussion needs to be about the technology and who possesses it...what are the intentions ect. Not whether or not ET is involved. If that turns out to be the case it will eventually unfold on its own

Did you read the link or watch the video? 

The individuals named in the he OP are. Obama joked about the alien secrets upon taking presidency and Watts outright asked him about aliens. 

There's nothing to say that any UFO is actually technology. Some probably are misidentified tech, but natural phenomena had to be a larger slice of that pie IMHO.

I do t think the article is altogether serious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The post within these forum post are most entertaining and informative. So many experts. I can always tell who is correct by the derogatory language.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Dejarma said:

that fantastic word 'Experts' hoves into view yet again when talking about ufos & aliens on this planet

Experts giving their analysis on a story told- because that's the only data we have!

the reason there is no serious scientific study of this enigma is because science can not/ will not work with data that could be made up/ false= In My Opinion;) 

I think it’s more than that to be honest as when you look at the wider field of study the scientific community has always looked down upon investigations in to extraterrestrial intelligence. SETI has always  been the poor relation to more mainstream branches of astrophysics and look at how the majority of the scientific community reacted to Professor Avi Loeb's theory that the Oumuamua interstellar object being an intelligently designed construct might be the most probable way of explaining the highly anomalous and exotic data they were recovering from it. 

I know you’re specifically referring to the investigations of UFO’s visiting Earth rather than the question of whether life has developed outside of the confines of our own atmosphere but it’s is clear that there’s been a certain dogma within the scientific community throughout history that has held progress back. I’m talking the likes of Galileo Galilei and things like clinging onto false beliefs that the Earth was not round here not little green men but my point is that science has a long history of dismissing areas of study even when there’s credible data to work with and continuing to cling on to assumptions that are clearly false long after evidence to the contrary has been supplied.

Now I take your point that ufology is a minefield full of many dubious and contradictory claims so I can of course see why many serious scientist would not want to get mired in it. Nevertheless I do believe that we'd make far more progress in all aspects of discovery if science was a little more open minded and didn’t do it's utmost to close off certain avenues of investigation.

1 hour ago, AlphaGeek said:

The post within these forum post are most entertaining and informative. So many experts. I can always tell who is correct by the derogatory language.

Anything of topic to add?

6 hours ago, khol said:

Can you define this?  Believers in what. You yourself have stated black ops its all myself and others here are suggesting. I could be wrong but don't recall reading where any particular poster is flat out saying ET anywhere. This discussion needs to be about the technology and who possesses it...what are the intentions ect. Not whether or not ET is involved. If that turns out to be the case it will eventually unfold on its own

or maybe we should start one step further back by confirming it is actually technology

Edited by quillius
edit to add: I see Psyche already suggested this in post #27....I should have finished thread before posting
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Yes they did. He also said he didn't think it was a spaceship. That's why we know about it today.

No good reason to think any of them are. 

What I meant was nobody made huge deal out of it by comparison to Obama´s statements.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, godnodog said:

Former President Carter spoke about UFO years ago, nobody took him seriously.

Carter actually witnessed a UFO, and is the only US President to make such a claim.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, quillius said:

or maybe we should start one step further back by confirming it is actually technology

Understood Im getting ahead of myself so thanks for clarifying.

Radar locks, visual confirmation from trained military observers, thermal imaging ect is compelling but its not hard evidence granted

11 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

Have you found confirmation for this story? 

I found these so far. But at some point, everybody sees a Unidentified Flying Object in their life. What they are is another question.

http://constructionlitmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/204-ronald-reagans-ufo-sightings

https://science.howstuffworks.com/space/aliens-ufos/ronald-reagan-ufo.htm

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

Carter actually witnessed a UFO, and is the only US President to make such a claim.

Ronald Regan did as well. Long before the dementia started to kick in. 

37 minutes ago, oldnatcole said:

I found these so far. But at some point, everybody sees a Unidentified Flying Object in their life. What they are is another question.

http://constructionlitmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/204-ronald-reagans-ufo-sightings

https://science.howstuffworks.com/space/aliens-ufos/ronald-reagan-ufo.htm

Not everyone sees a light dart off straight into the heavens, though.

1 hour ago, khol said:

Understood Im getting ahead of myself so thanks for clarifying.

Radar locks, visual confirmation from trained military observers, thermal imaging ect is compelling but its not hard evidence granted

thanks Khol.

I always found the Hessdalen Lights quite interesting, they certainly have been observed showing very similar traits to what we would expect from tech.

I am a firm believer that the military plus Government at 'very least' thought that some of the reports/observations were that of craft, and naturally their next step was to suggest it was tech not from this world. I also do think it is very possible they could easily have been mistaken especially if we were to introduce natural phenomenon not yet understood or even know about.

So in summary I think there were certainly those in the military that believed certain reports/sightings were of craft but they could have been wrong.

Of course I am not privy to all the info they had to reach said conclusion.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

Not everyone sees a light dart off straight into the heavens, though.

And it doesn't mean they're alien craft if they do see something like that. I think what some are forgetting here is that most U.S. officials are finally admitting to seeing Unidentified Flying Objects and talking about it now. Why did they keep quite about that for so long? It was strange because it was only Unidentified Flying Objects. Nothing wrong about seeing a UFO and then saying you saw a UFO, because it's only a flying object that you couldn't identify.

The US government knows a lot more than it's willing to admit. The governments of this world don't actually control much and just take orders from more advanced beings. True, a UFO doesn't necessarily mean it's extraterrestrial. A UFO sighting could be: ultra-terrestrial, time travelers (uses same/similar tech), inner-Earth or from a parallel Earth/pocket universe are some of many possibilities. If these were Russian or Chinese we (US) would have already declared war at this point with the amount of incursions that happen regularly (daily). There's a Youtuber of the prison variety that I follow who has a channel called 23and1. He's out of VA Beach right by the naval bases that were talked about by Cmdr. Fravor on 60 Minutes. This guy has never mentioned or talked about UFOs until a few days ago his wife woke him at 3am screaming that military jets were chasing a huge multi-colored orb over their house. He managed to get footage of the tail end of the chase. This stuff is happening daily and the government probably doesn't have a choice about Disclosure. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj_RjY3-Za0&t=457s

7 hours ago, M 7 said:

Nevertheless I do believe that we'd make far more progress in all aspects of discovery if science was a little more open minded and didn’t do it's utmost to close off certain avenues of investigation.

i'm assuming you're referring to a 'phenomenon' when using the term open minded..

what avenues of investigation would you do your utmost to open up, if you could, that you believe would help when looking into, what shall i suggest= ghosts? aliens on this planet? bigfoot maybe?... i don't know- you name one;)

9 hours ago, M 7 said:

I think it’s more than that to be honest as when you look at the wider field of study the scientific community has always looked down upon investigations in to extraterrestrial intelligence. SETI has always  been the poor relation to more mainstream branches of astrophysics and look at how the majority of the scientific community reacted to Professor Avi Loeb's theory that the Oumuamua interstellar object being an intelligently designed construct might be the most probable way of explaining the highly anomalous and exotic data they were recovering from it. 

I know you’re specifically referring to the investigations of UFO’s visiting Earth rather than the question of whether life has developed outside of the confines of our own atmosphere but it’s is clear that there’s been a certain dogma within the scientific community throughout history that has held progress back. I’m talking the likes of Galileo Galilei and things like clinging onto false beliefs that the Earth was not round here not little green men but my point is that science has a long history of dismissing areas of study even when there’s credible data to work with and continuing to cling on to assumptions that are clearly false long after evidence to the contrary has been supplied.

Now I take your point that ufology is a minefield full of many dubious and contradictory claims so I can of course see why many serious scientist would not want to get mired in it. Nevertheless I do believe that we'd make far more progress in all aspects of discovery if science was a little more open minded and didn’t do it's utmost to close off certain avenues of investigation.

I think you should be clear on how you are defining 'science.'

48 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

how do you define it?

16 hours ago, LightAngel said:

I just saw the video, and I love Obama's humor. :D

The best kind of humor is when your "victim" also laughs. I think Obama is a gentleman. 

I know he is a politician, and I know they aren't always honest. :lol:

But I think he expressed himself as honestly as he could about UFOs.

I’m not an Obama fan (not a hater) but he has always struck me as a more than average honest politician. Maybe I’ve been tricked .... I dunno. That’s why I thought his remarks are pretty interesting. 

this tells me (in my mind) that the commander in chief no longer “needs to know” about American technology.... or something strange is happening.

23 hours ago, godnodog said:

Former President Carter spoke about UFO years ago, nobody took him seriously.

?  What did he say, and/or what evidence did he present, that was requiring serious consideration?

4 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

Well I'm talking about science in broad terms so perhaps it might be easier if you just said what part of my post you disagreed with or didn’t think I was clear enough on and I could elaborate further,

5 hours ago, Dejarma said:

i'm assuming you're referring to a 'phenomenon' when using the term open minded..

what avenues of investigation would you do your utmost to open up, if you could, that you believe would help when looking into, what shall i suggest= ghosts? aliens on this planet? bigfoot maybe?... i don't know- you name one;)

I’m talking more about things like SETI not Bigfoot and werewolves.

11 minutes ago, M 7 said:

I’m talking more about things like SETI not Bigfoot and werewolves.

IMO you didn't make that clear.. ok fair enough, so where can science be a little more open minded regarding SETI? What avenues of investigation do you feel have been closed off to this search? just out of interest