Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Banksy loses second trademark case after refusing to disclose his identity

Still Waters

Banksy’s rights to his own portfolio of work is “at risk” after the anonymous graffiti artist suffered his second legal defeat because he refused to disclose his identity to judges, The Telegraph can reveal.

The street artist has been stripped of a trademark for his “best known” artwork called ‘Laugh Now’ because he was found to have acted in “bad faith” and has repeatedly criticised intellectual property laws, a judgment says.

It is the latest twist in his increasingly bitter battle with a UK greetings card company which recreates his works for sale.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/banksy-loses-second-trademark-case-154458495.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dude who constantly says he is against copy right laws gets upset when someone takes credit for his work :innocent:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Haha 1

There seems to be little doubt that Banksy is Robin Gunningham, so maybe it's time for him to reveal his true identity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acute said:

There seems to be little doubt that Banksy is Robin Gunningham, so maybe it's time for him to reveal his true identity.

And watch the vandalism charges pile high

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

And watch the vandalism charges pile high

I don't think anyone is waiting to charge Banksy with anything.

I believe he has business interests in the UK, so any court could get his details as things stand right now.

(but, don't quote me on that. ;))

17 minutes ago, acute said:

I don't think anyone is waiting to charge Banksy with anything.

I believe he has business interests in the UK, so any court could get his details as things stand right now.

(but, don't quote me on that. ;))

There is footage of him stealing a phone booth and wrecking it before putting it back.  You don't think the company that owns that would be obligated to sue or demand his arrest?

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

There is footage of him stealing a phone booth and wrecking it before putting it back.

I've never seen it.

50 minutes ago, acute said:

I've never seen it.

The video is gone, used to be here

https://peterdewrance.wordpress.com/2015/11/04/the-good-old-red-public-telephone-box/

The video showed he and his helpers steal it from the street, take it into a workshop, mess it up and then put it back.

phonebox_banksy.jpg

Edited by OverSword

@OverSword

It's not a real phone box, it's a sculpture.

In April 2006, Banksy created a sculpture based on a crumpled red phone box with a pickaxe in its side, apparently bleeding, and placed it in a side street in Soho, London. It was later removed by Westminster Council.

(Wikipedia)

49 minutes ago, acute said:

@OverSword

It's not a real phone box, it's a sculpture.

(Wikipedia)

No.  I saw the video, they stole a real phone booth cut it in half and made that.  The video showed them doing it.  They created a sculpture from a real phone booth that they stole in the middle of the night and put back all f'ed up.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1