Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden tells reporter to ask Obama about UFOs

If Biden says he believes in UFO's now, then he has to explain why he didn't help reveal the truth to U.S., previously.

The old guard, who have helped promote these lies to the American people, will never have credibility on this subject. The lies told to The People are a far greater problem than the UFO's, themselves.

18 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Plenty of room in the politics threads for that.  Maybe we could have one thread that is about something else.

The military is supposed to protect us from threats foreign and domestic.  If they make a large public announcement that they do not know what is going on and they may be powerless to help us, how does that serve?   They may be scrambling for answers and countermeasures.  

Contact if it happens may be friendly or inimical, but the military has to try to prepare for the worst.  I suspect that the bulk of sightings may be due to  rivals here on earth or that we suspect may be from earthly sources.  If that is the case, I can understand the military hesitancy to tell Americans that the Russians or Chinese have weapons we cannot counter and can use them on us at any time.  I think that is more the root of secrecy than actual friendly contact.

People have been reporting seeing things in the sky centuries before there was a Russia, or a China, or a USA. Sightings can be traced back to Biblical times and throughout the middle ages. I'm not saying aliens are here or that what we're seeing aren't natural phenomena that we can't explain, but they've had ample opportunity to destroy us if that was their goal.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, susieice said:

People have been reporting seeing things in the sky centuries before there was a Russia, or a China, or a USA. Sightings can be traced back to Biblical times and throughout the middle ages. I'm not saying aliens are here or that what we're seeing aren't natural phenomena that we can't explain, but they've had ample opportunity to destroy us if that was their goal.

Agreed.  The difference I think is a military industrial complex that has put itself in the position of foremost authority and line of defense.   If nothing else, its good for a few more appropriations, new programs for contractors and expanded personnel.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, susieice said:

If we are being visited. They're keeping a fair distance. We are a violent species. We study animals in the wild.

A wildlife biologist won't walk up to a pride of lions and say, Hello.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hawken said:

A wildlife biologist won't walk up to a pride of lions and say, Hello.

Well of course not!  Lions don't speak English.  A biologist who wants to 'get in with the lion crowd' crawls up on all fours and when they're right next to them ROARS at the top of their voice.  Works every time.

9 minutes ago, Hawken said:

If we are being visited. They're keeping a fair distance. We are a violent species.

I cannot see how a species capable of interstellar travel would be at all concerned by humans or our WMDs.  They will have mastered fusion, nanotech, fluid robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Life and infinite lifespans, just for starters.  And why would they come here at all?  It's ludicrous to think we have anything they might need.  I thought Biden's reply was honest enough - if you want to know what Obama thinks about UFOs ask Obama.  Biden probably has more important things to deal with, like reality.

... but they've had ample opportunity to destroy us if that was their goal.

Spot on!  The whole notion of hostile aliens buzzing Earth in their flying saucers as a precursor to invasion... is too bonkers for any serious discussion.

People have been reporting seeing things in the sky centuries before there was a Russia, or a China, or a USA. Sightings can be traced back to Biblical times and throughout the middle ages. 

And we will continue to see things in the skies that appear mysterious but actually have mundane explanations.  And other things that have bizarre explanations, but still are nothing to do with aliens.  And maybe, perhaps maybe, one day we will observe something that clearly reveals an intelligent design.  It hasn't happened yet, Oumuamua notwithstanding.  

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

If Biden says he believes in UFO's now, then he has to explain why he didn't help reveal the truth to U.S., previously.

I don't follow your logic here.  If Biden believes now, then presumably there was a time before that he didn't believe?  So what would he have to apologise for?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Well of course not!  Lions don't speak English.  A biologist who wants to 'get in with the lion crowd' crawls up on all fours and when they're right next to them ROARS at the top of their voice.  Works every time.

I cannot see how a species capable of interstellar travel would be at all concerned by humans or our WMDs.  They will have mastered fusion, nanotech, fluid robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Life and infinite lifespans, just for starters.  And why would they come here at all?  It's ludicrous to think we have anything they might need. 

Well, we humans seems to find it worthy to study microorganisms. And collect moon rocks. Who's to say we're not worthy of study by a superior species?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, susieice said:

There are no aliens.  Only Venus and will 'o' the wisp or ball lightning.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Vaz said:

Please prove it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tomas S said:

Please prove it.

I can.  Humans are the aliens (aka ET) on this planet.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

The military is supposed to protect us from threats foreign and domestic.  If they make a large public announcement that they do not know what is going on and they may be powerless to help us, how does that serve?   They may be scrambling for answers and countermeasures.  

Contact if it happens may be friendly or inimical, but the military has to try to prepare for the worst.  I suspect that the bulk of sightings may be due to  rivals here on earth or that we suspect may be from earthly sources.  If that is the case, I can understand the military hesitancy to tell Americans that the Russians or Chinese have weapons we cannot counter and can use them on us at any time.  I think that is more the root of secrecy than actual friendly contact.

I agree but surely this is American tech? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mesuma said:

I agree but surely this is American tech? 

Interesting idea.  A secret group or is the military trying to justify appropriations?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Interesting idea.  A secret group or is the military trying to justify appropriations?

There is also a possibility that things are changing, either way it's a great deal to think about and ponder.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

I cannot see how a species capable of interstellar travel would be at all concerned by humans or our WMDs.  They will have mastered fusion, nanotech, fluid robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Life and infinite lifespans, just for starters.  And why would they come here at all?  It's ludicrous to think we have anything they might need.  I thought Biden's reply was honest enough - if you want to know what Obama thinks about UFOs ask Obama.  Biden probably has more important things to deal with, like reality.

Spot on!  The whole notion of hostile aliens buzzing Earth in their flying saucers as a precursor to invasion... is too bonkers for any serious discussion.

And we will continue to see things in the skies that appear mysterious but actually have mundane explanations.  And other things that have bizarre explanations, but still are nothing to do with aliens.  And maybe, perhaps maybe, one day we will observe something that clearly reveals an intelligent design.  It hasn't happened yet, Oumuamua notwithstanding.  

I don't follow your logic here.  If Biden believes now, then presumably there was a time before that he didn't believe?  So what would he have to apologise for?

What if they are not an interstellar species, what if they are home grown or possibly even from our Solar system. This is just another crazy theory that can't be proven at this time, but their are members of the scientific community who think that maybe we should be looking closer to home. 

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/pdf/1985IAUS..112..505P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Plenty of room in the politics threads for that.  Maybe we could have one thread that is about something else.

Here is another thought Tate, if you find the time read the paper in this link.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

...If they make a large public announcement that they do not know what is going on and they may be powerless to help us, how does that serve? ...

I argued previously, on these very boards, what is going on, back in early 2011, in a thread that I created specifically for that purpose.

We were warned centuries ago, what would happen if we obeyed the entity, that is helping U.S. desolate this planet, but few people give any credibility to that source, despite its amazing accuracy for the consequences of such a collaboration.

My argument was then verified, but that too was ignored, because how can a son of man move a mountain by simply speaking to it? How can a portion of the earth become desolate?

These lies “they” are promoting will be dealt with, and there is a motive for these lies, but it’s not what you are imagining.

“They” can’t tell the truth, because “they” have already conspired with the entity.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

What if they are not an interstellar species, what if they are home grown or possibly even from our Solar system. This is just another crazy theory that can't be proven at this time, but their are members of the scientific community who think that maybe we should be looking closer to home. 

That paper was published 36 years ago.  It reaches no conclusions beyond the "we think this is an idea worth exploring".  I wonder if the author has made any progress since then?

12 hours ago, Hawken said:

Well, we humans seems to find it worthy to study microorganisms. And collect moon rocks. Who's to say we're not worthy of study by a superior species?

I agree that's something I can't disprove.  It just seems unlikely.  At the moment collecting moon rocks is at the cutting edge of humanity's technology.  We still have huge amounts to learn about biology and biochemistry, so studying microbes makes sense.  What, realistically, could a superior species gain by studying us

• They have the interstellarnet: they are permanently plugged into the combined knowledge of ten thousand advanced species dotted around the galaxy and beyond; 
  • They use enhanced intelligence through brain implants giving them unlimited access to the thoughts of every single organism willing to broadcast - social networking on a truly monstrous scale;
  • They can alter their experiences at will, manipulating sensory inputs and neural pathways to change their 'reality' on a whim.  They exist in a permanent state of pleasure and gratification supported by developments and infrastructure trillions of times more advanced than ours. 

These are the aliens who study us by hovering on the edge of our surveillance capabilities - always just out of range, just that bit too blurred - and occasionally need more information by sticking probes up the ar$eholes of fat Americans?  As I said - it just seems unlikely.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

That paper was published 36 years ago.  It reaches no conclusions beyond the "we think this is an idea worth exploring".  I wonder if the author has made any progress since then?

I agree that's something I can't disprove.  It just seems unlikely.  At the moment collecting moon rocks is at the cutting edge of humanity's technology.  We still have huge amounts to learn about biology and biochemistry, so studying microbes makes sense.  What, realistically, could a superior species gain by studying us

• They have the interstellarnet: they are permanently plugged into the combined knowledge of ten thousand advanced species dotted around the galaxy and beyond; 
  • They use enhanced intelligence through brain implants giving them unlimited access to the thoughts of every single organism willing to broadcast - social networking on a truly monstrous scale;
  • They can alter their experiences at will, manipulating sensory inputs and neural pathways to change their 'reality' on a whim.  They exist in a permanent state of pleasure and gratification supported by developments and infrastructure trillions of times more advanced than ours. 

These are the aliens who study us by hovering on the edge of our surveillance capabilities - always just out of range, just that bit too blurred - and occasionally need more information by sticking probes up the ar$eholes of fat Americans?  As I said - it just seems unlikely.

Hi Tom

Actually since the advent of internet on this planet there was a lot more work now we just send links to you tube or Unexplained Mysteries, so much easier than the old days.;)

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Yes this author has actually published a number papers on topics that relate to this one. Are you familiar with this author and his Acedemic Credentials?

In reality the age of the paper isn't as important as the theory and if that theory has been followed up on by other researchers. 

Here is another paper from the same author.

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/pdf/1995ASPC...74..425P

Edited by Manwon Lender

21 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Compared to Trump and Pence, they are a welcome change, and are far more serious about the management aspects of governance.

Trump and Pence were a disaster.

Trump had his juvenile moments but the news/media really twisted and negatively altered the way the public viewed him, particularly in cases when the opposition did the exact same “terrible” things but had no proper media coverage.  With the Biden/Harris admin hope all who supported them are performing up to your expectations.  Note, the swamp is stronger than ever today.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Vaz said:

Among a list of a great many things, but yes.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Tomas S said:

Please prove it.

That's not how it works. If you propose/support the extraterrestrial visitation theory where is the irrefutable evidence? As another poster states, not stories or anecdotes. Hard, verifiable, definitive proof of visitation. Data that can be examined and verified by third parties.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Trump had his juvenile moments but the news/media really twisted and negatively altered the way the public viewed him, particularly in cases when the opposition did the exact same “terrible” things but had no proper media coverage.  With the Biden/Harris admin hope all who supported them are performing up to your expectations.  Note, the swamp is stronger than ever today.

Tucker Carlson asked Trump about UFOs and he seemed to brush it off as nonsense. Either Trump knows something and won't say or he's oblivious to the subject.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

In reality the age of the paper isn't as important as the theory and if that theory has been followed up on by other researchers. 

Here is another paper from the same author. http://adsabs.harvard.edu/pdf/1995ASPC...74..425P

Well, that's ten years on from the previous and stills says nothing useful or important.  So - what point are you trying to make here?  That a self-proclaimed expert in all things astronomical couldn't get Neil Armstrong's Moon-landing quote right?  Or that he got the date wrong by five years?  Or that he got Giordano Bruno's name wrong?  Or that 60% of his refences are written by a certain Papagiannis, M., who is a self-proclaimed expert in all things astronomical and therefore must be right?

• Sad 1