Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What started your awakening?

janesix

For me it was deep meditation, followed by yoga. I think the awakening began immediately after starting meditation, and then I suddenly gained an interest in yoga. From there, an 11 year roller coaster ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

Sorry, I'm a bit new. What is our "awakening"?

When you realized that the world is not what it appears to be.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, janesix said:

When you realized that the world is not what it appears to be.

Is this another thread about a parallel universe? :huh:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, zep73 said:

I think there's enough insults already. This is a mystery forum after all. Let the woo people have their fun.

My friend you just hit the nail with a pile driver. I have watched this occur over and over again, I have never understood why people can't allow others to just have their personal beliefs. Why is it so important to destroy them, or chase people out of threads because they have a unique view. Like you I think the purpose of this forum is to be able to discuss your beliefs with like minded people, not be attacked for sharing your thoughts no matter how strange they may seem to others. 

Thanks for being real my friend!:tu:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

43 minutes ago, joc said:

My awakening began early this morning at 5:43 CST with my Second cup of coffee.   When I looked out my window after the Third cup of coffee, the Realization Awakening was complete...the world had changed.  It was not what it appeared to be at 5:45 am CST.  Not by a long shot.  What I first noticed was that the sky was kind of greyish...not black.  There were birds and things in the yard...it was when a hummingbird suddenly buzzed the feeder that I realized just how different the world appeared.  

Every day is a new awaking, and a new start and like you said above all it takes is opening our eyes and seeing the changes.

Take Care my friend. :tu:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I don't have any personal experiences to add, but I do have a reinterpretation of the post's intent. There doesn't have to be any parallel universes involved. When did you realize that the world is a much brighter/darker/different place than you thought? What sparked your new thoughts about how society, or nature, or the universe worked?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, janesix said:

For me it was deep meditation, followed by yoga. I think the awakening began immediately after starting meditation, and then I suddenly gained an interest in yoga. From there, an 11 year roller coaster ride.

For me my spiritual awaking came with the death of my daughter. I was a total wreck and completely lost back in 2012 when this occurred. I had been introduced to Buddhism by my marriage in 1986 to a lovely South Korean women who was Buddhist. When our daughter passed, I finally found a connection to the Buddhist Philosophy that I had previously not noticed, and it was a great comfort to me that allowed me to make it through the sad situation. Since that time my awaking has grown and only become stronger.:yes:

• Like 8

My re-awakening began slowly when i was 14 seeing two ufos in less than a year apart.  I still had no memory of my childhood like when i was a member here years ago.  Totally ablank, only a few photos from my childhood to jog my memory.  But the psychosis and awakening started to change how I lived when i was 18 and read The Celestine Prophecy.  Not a book for anyone with psychosis but hey ho, a few stints in psychiatric hospitals, bottles of pills and Im more myself again.  I'm in the midst of my reawakening now just beginning to remember my past.  It was far more mystical and magical than my teenage self could comprehend. We had a magic lamp and a genie visited us on a couple of occasions and offered us three wishes which looking back is not something I'd reccommend to someone to conjure, i mean don't think a genie wants to help you, the wishes are more of a curse.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Back in 2011 my grandmother died the week before thanksgiving. This threw me into a rather depressed state. Then 2012 happened, an event occurred which robbed me of my life savings. Because of this event my wife wasn't able to get her regular check ups. She develops ovarian cancer. As she goes through this I realize how utterly powerless I am. There was no god to save her, no amount of prayers would take away the cancer. Someone I care deeply about might die. I realized that one little choice can destroy all hope. I realized that no amount of faith or positive thinking can take away the fear of possibly losing someone. I realized that people can have so much mental, physical, and emotional stress placed upon them that they place cold steel against their temples with the full intent of pulling the trigger. 

During that time I realized that our hopes and dreams were illusions, faith was a security blanket. I also realized that true strength was simply pushing through everything and doing whatever was needed to help another. No matter how you feel. No matter what your own newly discovered health issue did to you. I realized in the darkest night of my soul that everything was temporary and an illusion. The only true hope I found was in those who were realistically supportive, that had the compassion and patience in dealing with me. That not all people are vile selfish scum. I also learned that accepting what is, is always better than fearing what isn't. 

Probably not the rainbows and sunshine mystical experience you're looking for, but that's life. It isn't always fair, fun, or good. It is what it is.

Very very well said, I also went through a similar situation. I totally agree that kind of situation certainly makes reality crystal clear. It also brings into focus who your real friends are and who the posers are. But, the difference between us concerning this topic is I did have a spiritual awaking and I have found a spiritual refuge. Buddhism for me was the beginning of a journey that began with my daughters death. I realize that this spiritual belief had no effect over the cold reality of life, however, the practice did give me away to channel the negative thoughts and negative energy that helped me find away to continue on. 

Thanks for your post it was inspiring.:tu: Also, I am very sorry for what you experienced no one should have to carry such a burden, but it also shows how strong you actually are.

• Like 2

I've been gifted all my life just did not realise I I went to this Spiritualist Church mediums telling me I'll give that I am I've had spirits I've had an whispering spirits most of my life but my mum was gifted my dad was Gifted it's in the blood

Even to see in spirits I'm in the church or so people so I don't bring them home like friend of mine does I'm will not turn now because I might get an on an entity I don't want it's but good spirits is good we might get a bad spirit following alarm you have to be careful like 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Is this another thread about a parallel universe? :huh:

No. It's about how the world/universe really is.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zep73 said:

Morgan Freeman

How so?

15 hours ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Back in 2011 my grandmother died the week before thanksgiving. This threw me into a rather depressed state. Then 2012 happened, an event occurred which robbed me of my life savings. Because of this event my wife wasn't able to get her regular check ups. She develops ovarian cancer. As she goes through this I realize how utterly powerless I am. There was no god to save her, no amount of prayers would take away the cancer. Someone I care deeply about might die. I realized that one little choice can destroy all hope. I realized that no amount of faith or positive thinking can take away the fear of possibly losing someone. I realized that people can have so much mental, physical, and emotional stress placed upon them that they place cold steel against their temples with the full intent of pulling the trigger. 

During that time I realized that our hopes and dreams were illusions, faith was a security blanket. I also realized that true strength was simply pushing through everything and doing whatever was needed to help another. No matter how you feel. No matter what your own newly discovered health issue did to you. I realized in the darkest night of my soul that everything was temporary and an illusion. The only true hope I found was in those who were realistically supportive, that had the compassion and patience in dealing with me. That not all people are vile selfish scum. I also learned that accepting what is, is always better than fearing what isn't. 

Probably not the rainbows and sunshine mystical experience you're looking for, but that's life. It isn't always fair, fun, or good. It is what it is.

I am certainly not "rainbows and sunshine". The dark appears to be equal to the light. A lot of it is about how you deal with your tragedies, fears, anger, and definitely how you deal with other people.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

For me my spiritual awaking came with the death of my daughter. I was a total wreck and completely lost back in 2012 when this occurred. I had been introduced to Buddhism by my marriage in 1986 to a lovely South Korean women who was Buddhist. When our daughter passed, I finally found a connection to the Buddhist Philosophy that I had previously not noticed, and it was a great comfort to me that allowed me to make it through the sad situation. Since that time my awaking has grown and only become stronger.:yes:

That is a loss I can't even imagine. I'm happy for you that you found a way to deal wit it. That takes a great deal of courage.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, morpheas_back said:

My re-awakening began slowly when i was 14 seeing two ufos in less than a year apart.  I still had no memory of my childhood like when i was a member here years ago.  Totally ablank, only a few photos from my childhood to jog my memory.  But the psychosis and awakening started to change how I lived when i was 18 and read The Celestine Prophecy.  Not a book for anyone with psychosis but hey ho, a few stints in psychiatric hospitals, bottles of pills and Im more myself again.  I'm in the midst of my reawakening now just beginning to remember my past.  It was far more mystical and magical than my teenage self could comprehend. We had a magic lamp and a genie visited us on a couple of occasions and offered us three wishes which looking back is not something I'd reccommend to someone to conjure, i mean don't think a genie wants to help you, the wishes are more of a curse.

Psychosis is common during an awakening. I have gone through many. But I have learned a lot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, janesix said:

That is a loss I can't even imagine. I'm happy for you that you found a way to deal wit it. That takes a great deal of courage.

Actually there is no courage involved, even with the loss of my daughter I still had to be there for wife because she was in worst shape than me. When you love someone no sacrifice is too great, and you have no choice except to find away to make the next day better than the last. 

Thanks for your very fine kind post, I appreciate it very much.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, dream jo said:

I've been gifted all my life just did not realise I I went to this Spiritualist Church mediums telling me I'll give that I am I've had spirits I've had an whispering spirits most of my life but my mum was gifted my dad was Gifted it's in the blood

Even to see in spirits I'm in the church or so people so I don't bring them home like friend of mine does I'm will not turn now because I might get an on an entity I don't want it's but good spirits is good we might get a bad spirit following alarm you have to be careful like 

What is "gifted?

54 minutes ago, janesix said:

I am certainly not "rainbows and sunshine". The dark appears to be equal to the light. A lot of it is about how you deal with your tragedies, fears, anger, and definitely how you deal with other people.

Don't preach at me. 

3 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Don't preach at me. 

Whatever dude.

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Actually there is no courage involved, even with the loss of my daughter I still had to be there for wife because she was in worst shape than me. When you love someone no sacrifice is too great, and you have no choice except to find away to make the next day better than the last. 

Thanks for your very fine kind post, I appreciate it very much.

I agree, it takes no courage to simply do what needs to be done. Having been there too it’s not something you think about, you just do it. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• The topic was locked