Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What started your awakening?

janesix

35 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

humans can do all the above/ though it's known some animal senses are more acute than ours; humans also have the same senses so when you say:

i strongly disagree;)

In truth, I could careless what you think. Your so lost you when you quote me to have to add previous comments that I explained to current quotes.

Oh by the way, name a single animal sense that is not more acute then ours?

Thats says it all, so Troll on Humphrey!:lol:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Or of course it's because your argument wasn't solid enough and thus not convincing.  Trying to make the most solid argument you can doesn't have to be your prime aim it could of course be a secondary aim, you can have more than one aim.  Unless of course your prime aim conflicts with this secondary aim for some reason, which I ultimately suspect might have more to do with why you don't convince others.

We were referencing expertise not mere familiarity and how that can be 'shown' here.  No, after a few hours you are not going to convince me that you have expertise on Jimi, I have countless questions that to real Jimi-freaks are basic that would stop you in your tracks.  I can 'show' my expertise on Jimi here, the mere possibility that you might be suggesting that I'm not really showing that expertise and instead doing a couple hours research every time I mention something obscure about Jimi is an extraordinary claim.  Until you have some evidence for that, Occam's still giving out shaves.

That doesn't have anything to do with the logic you whipped out, that since you have taught religion for however many decades you are up to claiming now and Sherapy in your view has been into Buddhism for a shorter length of time that 'thus', well, that this point is of any relevance at all.  At a basic logical level this is exactly where arguments from authority are most fallacious in my view; yes, despite this fallacy there are undeniably reasonable arguments for believing experts (doctors, etc) based on their 'authority', but that flies out the window when you have conflicts between people who are knowledgeable about the topic.  Never in the history of the world have someone's 'qualifications' made an argument correct, yet you bring them up very frequently.

My arguments are solid and can be justified by known facts, through research Sometimes there are academic arguments over issues but my thoughts always have strong academic support 

Because I know I am right, or a t least have an arguable pov  it isn't really my aim to convince others just to present those facts  I wouldn't believe anything I read on UM without confirmation, and I wouldn't expect others to believe me.

But follow up the sources I give, do some of your own research, and you will find solid support for my pov 

Expertise can't be demonstrated online.

I could convince anyone I was an expert on Jimi using words, unless the y chose to disbelieve me.

If the y chose disbelief then, even if I WAS an expert, they wouldn't believe me :) 

It takes  me a few seconds to find and memorise )or copy) anything online  and if you know something about Jimi it is bound to be online. Thus anything you know i can almost certainly find out in a minute or two

There are a lot of fakers online Not saying you are, but its one reason many of my posts, while totally correct are disbelieved   eg I am often  accused of googling to find answers or knowledge The truth is I already know what I post and use quotes to support the correctness of what I write 

Mine is not an "argument from authority " it simply claims that I am a greater authority on Buddhism than Sherapy, is having studied it for years, and taught t for a decade or so, as well as living by some of its basic tenets for 50 years or so  . 

Ps I trust an authority on any topic more than any non authority, perhaps because all my life iI have valued the knowledge of authorities in their fields,  beginning with my parents and other elders, then my teachers, and, later, academic experts and practical experts, like the old farmer who taught me to shear sheep and class their wool.  

I learned Buddhism from   both Buddhists I knew, and from  books etc.  Same for all the religious beliefs  i studied when younger. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Wow, from the guy who was once an English teacher, I am shocked to read this as a counter to LG. 

“Show; don’t tell: is a writing staple drilled into the students head.

For example: one could tell you “the house looks old,” or they could show you , “The house slouched in a yard choked with weeds, its paint faded and flaking, the lace curtains in its windows yellowed with age.”  

The majority of your posts show that you lack the experience of the topics you engage in, as of late one could add Buddhism to the list. On this path, one practices their way, it is in the practice that one gleans the wisdoms needed, the journey of your own experience is your teacher not theories or books, or some guy online bsing he is an enlightened guru one doesn’t look to others to teach us, yet, we might share our wisdoms by example on try it or leave it basis, not in righteousness, at best the sharing reveals where we are at, what we are working through, most Buddhists encourage each other, not unlike a yoga practice the teacher only encourages and offers suggestions to go deeper in the asana they don’t tell you how the deeper should be for you. One shares their experience without condition, without attachment, without judgment the crux of Buddhism lies within and our own self awareness is our guide, insight is our flashlight as the practice deepens one may want to go deeper and it is at this point one might read the Sutra’s, or other great works, go to retreats, seek out the examples of those who practice etc. but it isn’t necessary.  The wonder of this path is if there is anything to it any wisdom one will run right into it simply by practicing. For ex: The practice of ahimsa (I used a vegan lifestyle as my canvas) it was a 5 year plus journey for me and along the way through the lens of self awareness I got the insights that I needed. I am now on the path of compassion  and kindness and mindful living  ( I use my work as a caregiver as my medium) and it is a work in progress ( 5 years and still growing and the insights are coming)Yet, I sit at no ones feet and this includes yours, no matter how much you kick and scream, you can’t even embrace your own humanness at this point,  you have nothing to offer thus far as NW said anyone can Google Buddhism and cherry pick for themselves, we don’t need MW cut and paste. Buddhism is a get in and get your feet wet type philosophy.  Namaskar MW.

You made my point No one can show online. It is all tell  

Teaching face to face is entirely different and there i agree with you. showing and doing are powerful teaching methods although there are at least 4 different types of students, employing different methods of learning, and a teacher must include all of those in their teaching methods 

I give knowldge and data freely but expect others to either reject it or to follow it up themselves, rather than taking my word for it 

My job is to present facts and alternative perspectives. Thats all 

Ps I totally embrace my humanness. indeed I am more aware of myself and my being than most.

You refuse to accept  much of the potential and capabilities of being human, and so self  limit what you can be and achieve.

Humans are much much more than what you see or believe them to be 

If you  think a person must feel anger, hate,  envy,  fear, suffering  etc to be human you are wrong  Being fully human means getting past those  primate emptions and embracing the potential of your mind .

That is actually the core principle  Buddha was teaching   You can achieve nirvana with mental  discipline and practice.  Nirvana is (possibly) the highest state of consciousness a human can achieve   Ie perhaps we are only fully human after we achieve it 

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

We have similar senses, but I believe that due to the fact that domesticate house pets are unable speak their other senses are more acute. Such as smell, hearing, and their vision this gives them the ability to sense our emotions, and to know when we are sick. I do agree though that most people don't understand the similarities that our pets have to us. 

JIMO

Its science really. 

Scientists guess the dog's sense of smell is somewhere between 10,000 to 100,000 times more acute than ours. One of the reasons a dog has such better smelling ability than us is the number of scent receptors. For every scent receptor a human has, a dog has about 50.

https://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/article/how-well-can-your-dog-smell/#:~:text=Dogs have a strong sense,times more acute than ours.&text=One of the reasons a,a dog has about 50.

Dogs can detect cancer and covid, sometimes before testing can. They can detect and warn of falling glucose levels in  people with diabetes  The y can tell when ive had a piece of chicken while out, luckily something my wife cannot :) 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

copied rather  than corrected 

Edited by Mr Walker

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

Its science really. 

Scientists guess the dog's sense of smell is somewhere between 10,000 to 100,000 times more acute than ours. One of the reasons a dog has such better smelling ability than us is the number of scent receptors. For every scent receptor a human has, a dog has about 50.

https://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/article/how-well-can-your-dog-smell/#:~:text=Dogs have a strong sense,times more acute than ours.&text=One of the reasons a,a dog has about 50.

Dogs can detect cancer and covid, sometimes before testing can. They can detect and warn of falling glucose levels in  people with diabetes  The y can tell when ive had a piece of chicken while out, luckily something my wife cannot :) 

I agree with you!

Thanks for your post.:tu:

Dogs can't detect or identify a pathological liar anywhere close to the level of a rational thinking person can. 

~

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

I agree with you!

Thanks for your post.:tu:

What; you have a secret addiction to fried chicken, as well ? :) 

• Haha 1

Just now, third_eye said:

Dogs can't detect or identify a pathological liar anywhere close to the level of a rational thinking person can. 

~

I'll bring mine around to your place, and we will see about that .

They know when you tell them an untruth, and  can get quite upset.

Eg if I tell them we are going for a run, and than cant take them, they get quite agitated 

57 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

He was a highschool geography teacher. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Actually I was, and am, a lot more than that, but I am proud to have been a teacher . I also taught to university level; English, History, (at least 3 areas of study )  and Australian Studies  as wellas 2 levels of  university entrance Geography. I was a state moderator    (Checking other teachers work and standards for university level courses  ) for Geography.

I wrote successful submissions for hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of grants, helped create curricula and discipline policies at school and state  level( concentring first on the particular needs of girls then of boys)   I was school counsellor for staff students and community for about a decade. I was an elected councillor for over 20 years serving in a number of offices. I was regional and school union rep heath and safety officer;   I was responsible for anti bullying /resilience reporting and the mandatory reporting of child abuse and neglect,  and that  is just my role in the education dept 

I was also a senior teacher (coordinator ) for a couple of decades,  overseeing the other teacher's programming, teaching and discipline,  in English Geography and History  

I ran work experience programmes, and trained practice teachers from  university

. I Gained a TAFE accreditation to teach Tourism and Hospitality

I ran out door programmes including week long bush camps in the outback, including bushwalking, rock climbing and abseiling,  and   on the water, (aquatics camps)  where students got their boat licence and learned safe boating, sailing, kayaking, and wind surfing. 

I can shear  a sheep class it's wool, and make you a piece of jewellery from  a piece of precious stone I collected myself .   I have certificates in life saving (bronze star  and medallion) and Red Cross and St Johns first  aid  and could give you CPR if you required it 

You aren't going to win an argument by arguing  I am ONLY a Geography teacher, although as it happens I did win an award for the top geography teacher in the state,   for my role with students and helping other teachers.  :) 

3rd eye is not very good a t detecting pathological liars, as everything i have just written is true and  a matter of record, yet he thinks I am lying

It would be funny, if it wasn't so sad .

I suspect my dogs are better at it than him.  

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Actually I was, and am, a lot more than that, but I am proud to have been a teacher . I also taught to university level; English, History, (at least 3 areas of study )  and Australian Studies  as wellas 2 levels of  university entrance Geography. I was a state moderator    (Checking other teachers work and standards for university level courses  ) for Geography.

I wrote successful submissions for hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of grants, helped create curricula and discipline policies at school and state  level( concentring first on the particular needs of girls then of boys)   I was school counsellor for staff students and community for about a decade. I was an elected councillor for over 20 years serving in a number of offices. I was regional and school union rep heath and safety officer;   I was responsible for anti bullying /resilience reporting and the mandatory reporting of child abuse and neglect,  and that  is just my role in the education dept 

I was also a senior teacher (coordinator ) for a couple of decades,  overseeing the other teacher's programming, teaching and discipline,  in English Geography and History  

I ran work experience programmes, and trained practice teachers from  university

. I Gained a TAFE accreditation to teach Tourism and Hospitality

I ran out door programmes including week long bush camps in the outback, including bushwalking, rock climbing and abseiling,  and   on the water, (aquatics camps)  where students got their boat licence and learned safe boating, sailing, kayaking, and wind surfing. 

I can shear  a sheep class it's wool, and make you a piece of jewellery from  a piece of precious stone I collected myself .   I have certificates in life saving (bronze star  and medallion) and Red Cross and St Johns first  aid  and could give you CPR if you required it 

You aren't going to win an argument by arguing  I am ONLY a Geography teacher, although as it happens I did win an award for the top geography teacher in the state,   for my role with students and helping other teachers.  :) 

And this post demonstrates why you are nowhere near enlightenment. I knew you would bite. Your ego and attachment to your perceived success is holding you back, my friend. 

3rd eye is not very good a t detecting pathological liars, as everything i have just written is true and  a matter of record, yet he thinks I am lying

It would be funny, if it wasn't so sad . 

I suspect my dogs are better at it than him.  

You are much too concerned with what others think of you. Let that go so you can continue on your path to enlightenment. 

Na-Madagascar. 

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Good for you, at least you're no longer denying you're a liar. 

That's progress, baby steps and thanks be to all that is divine or something else. 

Keep it up. 

~

• Haha 2

Enough with the bickering and derogatory personal observations please folks.

• Like 1

Just now, Nuclear Wessel said:

And this post demonstrates why you are nowhere near enlightenment. 

No it doesn't. You don't actually understand the nature of enlightenment 

I am proud of my achievements where the y have been achieved through hard work and effort 

However I am not "attached"  to them or to anything else 

Buddha never said we should simply give up on life or not strive to help others and do good works 

He said tha t suffering comes from  attachment to things and people  There is a difference between caring  for people and attachment to them 

1. Happiness

The enlightened person is happy and joyful. He has a cheerful disposition most of the time, and is willing to share that joy with others. He is always optimistic that all challenges have a resolution. Even though the resolution may not be the most desirable, he is confident that he is capable of being at peace with it.

(Check)

2. Peaceful and Serene

The enlightened person is peaceful and serene, because he is free of fear and other unwholesome emotions. He can see that the human condition reaches beyond this physical existence, so he no longer has a fear of the unknown. He is free of worry because he understands that freedom from suffering comes from within, and not from material possessions.

Check

3. Loving, Kind, and Compassionate

The enlightened person is loving, kind, and compassionate for two main reasons: 1) he genuinely cares about other people, regardless of whether they care about him, and 2) he knows that other people provide him with the spiritual nourishment he needs to continue growing. Therefore, he remains spiritually open to everyone.

check

4. Not Self-Centered

The enlightened person is not self-centered, because he has lost the sense of a separate self. He can see the interconnected nature of our existence. To him, this is not just a concept, but a reality. He realizes that all physical manifestations (humans, animals, plants, etc.) depend on each other for their survival.

Check (even though others might disagree) I've spoken about the actual reality of this many times 

5. Emotionally Stable

The enlightened person is emotionally stable because he no longer has an ego that needs validation for its existence. He is not hurt because there is no ego to hurt. He does not get angry because he is understanding and compassionate toward those who are not as far along the spiritual path.

check 

If anything, I have been criticised here  for being too unemotional

6. Patient and Understanding

The enlightened person is patient and understanding because he appreciates how our ignorance creates our own suffering. He understands the challenges of achieving enlightenment, so he doesn't condemn people for their missteps.

Well I do my best  but gee some people are hard to get through to  :) 

7. Humble

The enlightened person is humble. Since he knows his place in the universe, he doesn't need validation from others. Therefore, he has nothing to prove to anyone, including himself. His humble nature allows him to be kind and gentle, and be open to everyone he encounters.

OK you got me, but not really 

I am honest about  myself my strengths and weaknesses. I see both humility and bragging as a form of lying 

This is perhaps caused by my early  upbringing where truth was all; where one did not exaggerate one's accomplishments but one did not hide or belittle them either.  

Insightful and Open-Minded

The enlightened person is insightful and open-minded. He is able to see the world with great clarity, without attachment to preconceived ideas about people, places, and things. This enables him to observe the world without jumping to conclusions. Belief and intuition are replaced with clarity of vision and understanding.

Check.

9. Inner Strength

The enlightened person has great inner strength. He has learned healthy ways of connecting with the sources of spiritual nourishment -- through healthy interactions with people, and within. He no longer has a need for the power struggles that most of us engage in.

check absolutely.

Again, if anything, criticism of me is that i am TOO certain of myself with too much inner strength and confidence in myslef 

10. Leadership

The enlightened person is a leader. Having awakened to the point of understanding the nature of suffering, he realizes his duty to help other people find freedom from suffering. He leads by example, rather than control. People follow him because of who he is and what he stands for. They want to be more like him.

Yep been a leader all my life, although i am a little constrained by my humility, lack of ego, and lack of need for power or validation :) 

11. Mindful of His Health

The enlightened person is mindful of his health -- physical, mental, and emotional. He knows that his mind, body, and spirit must be in harmony in order to maintain his spiritual condition. He has developed an understanding of physical and mental health, and doesn't blindly depend on others for his health. He is mindful of the nutrients and substances he puts into his body.

Absolutely (although not perfectly)  Idont drink alcohol take drugs and eat very healthily with a mainly vegetarian diet.  I exercise and live a healthy life   I have good relationships  with others and excellent emotional health

12. Committed to His Spiritual Practice

The enlightened person never forgets how he achieved enlightenment. He is also aware that it takes continuous effort to remain that way. It takes a great deal of spiritual nourishment to help others along their path, so he's aware that he needs to replenish his spiritual strength on a daily basis. Otherwise, he'll lose his effectiveness as a spiritual messenger.

Overall, the enlightened person is mindful of himself, and the world around him. Furthermore, he is curious and willing to continue learning. He is aware that even though he can see with great clarity, developing an understanding of the true nature of our existence takes time to observe and investigate.

check Ive actually been posting these points here 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

No it doesn't. You don't actually understand the nature of enlightenment 

I am proud of my achievements where the y have been achieved through hard work and effort 

However I am not "attached"  to them or to anything else 

Buddha never said we should simply give up on life or not strive to help others and do good works 

He said tha t suffering comes from  attachment to things and people  There is a difference between caring  for people and attachment to them 

1. Happiness

The enlightened person is happy and joyful. He has a cheerful disposition most of the time, and is willing to share that joy with others. He is always optimistic that all challenges have a resolution. Even though the resolution may not be the most desirable, he is confident that he is capable of being at peace with it.

(Check)

2. Peaceful and Serene

The enlightened person is peaceful and serene, because he is free of fear and other unwholesome emotions. He can see that the human condition reaches beyond this physical existence, so he no longer has a fear of the unknown. He is free of worry because he understands that freedom from suffering comes from within, and not from material possessions.

Check

3. Loving, Kind, and Compassionate

The enlightened person is loving, kind, and compassionate for two main reasons: 1) he genuinely cares about other people, regardless of whether they care about him, and 2) he knows that other people provide him with the spiritual nourishment he needs to continue growing. Therefore, he remains spiritually open to everyone.

check

4. Not Self-Centered

The enlightened person is not self-centered, because he has lost the sense of a separate self. He can see the interconnected nature of our existence. To him, this is not just a concept, but a reality. He realizes that all physical manifestations (humans, animals, plants, etc.) depend on each other for their survival.

Check (even though others might disagree) I've spoken about the actual reality of this many times 

5. Emotionally Stable

The enlightened person is emotionally stable because he no longer has an ego that needs validation for its existence. He is not hurt because there is no ego to hurt. He does not get angry because he is understanding and compassionate toward those who are not as far along the spiritual path.

check 

If anything, I have been criticised here  for being too unemotional

6. Patient and Understanding

The enlightened person is patient and understanding because he appreciates how our ignorance creates our own suffering. He understands the challenges of achieving enlightenment, so he doesn't condemn people for their missteps.

Well I do my best  but gee some people are hard to get through to  :) 

7. Humble

The enlightened person is humble. Since he knows his place in the universe, he doesn't need validation from others. Therefore, he has nothing to prove to anyone, including himself. His humble nature allows him to be kind and gentle, and be open to everyone he encounters.

OK you got me, but not really 

I am honest about  myself my strengths and weaknesses. I see both humility and bragging as a form of lying 

This is perhaps caused by my early  upbringing where truth was all; where one did not exaggerate one's accomplishments but one did not hide or belittle them either.  

Insightful and Open-Minded

The enlightened person is insightful and open-minded. He is able to see the world with great clarity, without attachment to preconceived ideas about people, places, and things. This enables him to observe the world without jumping to conclusions. Belief and intuition are replaced with clarity of vision and understanding.

Check.

9. Inner Strength

The enlightened person has great inner strength. He has learned healthy ways of connecting with the sources of spiritual nourishment -- through healthy interactions with people, and within. He no longer has a need for the power struggles that most of us engage in.

check absolutely.

Again, if anything, criticism of me is that i am TOO certain of myself with too much inner strength and confidence in myslef 

10. Leadership

The enlightened person is a leader. Having awakened to the point of understanding the nature of suffering, he realizes his duty to help other people find freedom from suffering. He leads by example, rather than control. People follow him because of who he is and what he stands for. They want to be more like him.

Yep been a leader all my life, although i am a little constrained by my humility, lack of ego, and lack of need for power or validation :) 

11. Mindful of His Health

The enlightened person is mindful of his health -- physical, mental, and emotional. He knows that his mind, body, and spirit must be in harmony in order to maintain his spiritual condition. He has developed an understanding of physical and mental health, and doesn't blindly depend on others for his health. He is mindful of the nutrients and substances he puts into his body.

Absolutely (although not perfectly)  Idont drink alcohol take drugs and eat very healthily with a mainly vegetarian diet.  I exercise and live a healthy life   I have good relationships  with others and excellent emotional health

12. Committed to His Spiritual Practice

The enlightened person never forgets how he achieved enlightenment. He is also aware that it takes continuous effort to remain that way. It takes a great deal of spiritual nourishment to help others along their path, so he's aware that he needs to replenish his spiritual strength on a daily basis. Otherwise, he'll lose his effectiveness as a spiritual messenger.

Overall, the enlightened person is mindful of himself, and the world around him. Furthermore, he is curious and willing to continue learning. He is aware that even though he can see with great clarity, developing an understanding of the true nature of our existence takes time to observe and investigate.

check Ive actually been posting these points here 

Good luck on your path to enlightenment my friend. It is a long road, and you have many hurdles to overcome. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

And this post demonstrates why you are nowhere near enlightenment. I knew you would bite. Your ego and attachment to your perceived success is holding you back, my friend. 

You are much too concerned with what others think of you. Let that go so you can continue on your path to enlightenment. 

Na-Madagascar. 

I dont care what others think of me (online)  but I do care when the y break rules, are deliberately rude and unpleasant, and when the y lie or make false accusations 

ie we hold those principles  and values for social reasons  and should maintain them for civil discourse, even online, where the y can do less harm than in real life.  

Just now, Mr Walker said:

I dont care what others think of me (online)  but I do care when the y break rules, are deliberately rude and unpleasant, and when the y lie or make false accusations 

ie we hold those principles  and values for social reasons  and should maintain them for civil discourse, even online, where the y can do less harm than in real life.  

You do care.

Good luck on your path to enlightenment. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Good luck on your path to enlightenment my friend. It is a long road, and you have many hurdles to overcome. 

Perhaps ,but not as many as some  . 

Good luck with your life as well. (and i mean that sincerely )

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

You do care.

Good luck on your path to enlightenment. 

No i dont.

WHY should I care what anyone on UM thinks about me They don't know me well enough to pass judgement, and can't affect or influence my life 

I DO care what others in my real life think of me ,because how people perceive you, especially  in a small community, affects how the y treat you eg if people know you are honest and reliable the y will extend credit or allow time to pay a debt   If people like you, the y may give you a daily free coffee at their  shop or even free food. 

So i like being respected and loved in my community and i appreciate it when i am thanked in words or other means.

I like it when someone brings us round meals, or cookies, or eggs,  or care packages, or chocolates  or knitted rugs, or firewood, or other things;  and i enjoy giving others things from  our garden and many fruit trees vines etc  I like it when people come up to me and give me money, simply because they like and respect us both, and want to help out  

I like it when someone comes up (or knocks on my door)  and thanks me for my role in the community, or comments on my friendly  nature and  happy personality.

I like it when someone tells me not to worry about paying off a debt immediately because he y know the y will get the money eventually 

That shows that I am at one with my community, rather than in conflict with it, or not really a part of it 

And the house of cards came tumbling down... 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

No i dont.

WHY should I care what anyone on UM thinks about me They don't know me well enough to pass judgement, and can't affect or influence my life 

I DO care what others in my real life think of me ,because how people perceive you, especially  in a small community, affects how the y treat you eg if people know you are honest and reliable the y will extend credit or allow time to pay a debt   If people like you, the y may give you a daily free coffee at their  shop or even free food. 

So i like being respected and loved in my community and i appreciate it when i am thanked in words or other means.

I like it when someone brings us round meals, or cookies, or eggs,  or care packages, or chocolates  or knitted rugs, or firewood, or other things;  and i enjoy giving others things from  our garden and many fruit trees vines etc  I like it when people come up to me and give me money, simply because they like and respect us both, and want to help out  

I like it when someone comes up (or knocks on my door)  and thanks me for my role in the community, or comments on my friendly  nature and  happy personality.

I like it when someone tells me not to worry about paying off a debt immediately because he y know the y will get the money eventually 

That shows that I am at one with my community, rather than in conflict with it, or not really a part of it 

Can’t your multimillion dollar siblings help you too? In my line of work, in all walks of life, in all neighborhoods from rich to working class I do delight and marvel in how the human spirit will step up and help those who need. 

At this time, in your life you can use the help.  All the best. 

For me: I am the opposite, what brings me joy is the ability to take care of myself, to pay my own way, to be smart with money, to have great credit, not needing extra time to pay things off, not being in debt beyond what is necessary, such as a car note or house, being prepared for our older years and the times in life that can bring hardship, such as an illness. There is a lot to be said for not having to stress about making ends meet. I like having the ability and means to help others, especially my boys. I find no greater joy then to give to my kids. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When tall tales start leaking more than a hole in the dike... 

bilde-221-300x217.jpg

~

• Haha 4

• The topic was locked

Despite moderators removing commentary and public warnings in this thread, folks are still continuing on with discussing each other. Since the OP topic seems to have run its course, this thread is closed. 

• Thanks 1