Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman finds creepy drawing hidden in kitchen

UM-Bot

What makes this drawing "creepy" exactly? :huh:

Edited by acute
  • Like 3

There's nothing creepy about this. Looks a bit like scrawled guidance on how the kitchen units were to be put together, different fittings etc 

• Like 4

A sketch for an forthcoming invasion from Mars? That drawing in the middle looks like a flying saucer to me.. :whistle:

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

There's nothing creepy about this. Looks a bit like scrawled guidance on how the kitchen units were to be put together, different fittings etc 

No. I'm the youngest daughter of a construction worker and that ain't it. 

Previous owner(s) wanted to have some fun before moving? We got new counter tops and I put a letter underneath it for the new owner(s) can find it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Turn the page letter position miss. It’s the latest designs for the new hammock. Duh?

Hmmm.....

If you rotate the image 90° then it looks as though someone tried to depict an animal (lizard?) in several states of defleshing and/or preparation.

A meal? A sacrifice?

20210523_162008.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

I second this. It does look like an amateur-drawn schematic for building/installing something. Likely done so one person could explain what they mean to another, during a conversation about it.

I study symbols, ideograms, icons, hieroglyphs, etc. because I use such imagery in much of my art. This doesn't look like any kind of occult or otherwise 'spooky' imagery, aside from maybe some Witches' Marks, which are often found scribed into beams and walls in older houses, especially in the UK.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seti42 said:

This doesn't look like any kind of occult or otherwise 'spooky' imagery

Pretty much why I didn't mention it. One of those drawings kind of looks like a turtle or lizard to me. The middle two could be dinosaurs for all I know. 

Seems like a kid was trying to draw various lizards.

Its looks like a very young  kid trying to draw bugs:). who would be in that hole ?

Edited by docyabut2

Bug-eyed aliens drawing their plans to conquer Earth with suboptimal IKEA furniture fixings.

(Ok..... just a theory)

I'd guess either a kid's drawing - no idea how it got there - or someone leaving an easter egg for future owners. For a more fun outlandish theory, my witchy brain also thought of sigils (though I realize that's highly unlikely).

Edited by bookwormwen
Comment glitched and didn't post completely.

My thought was actually a very young kid trying to draw insects. Yeah, none of the drawings have six legs, and only the bottom one might have wings, but your typically 3-4 year old isn't that concerned with accuracy in scientific detail.

• Like 1

All I can think of when I watch the video is what a waste of kitchen space it is to have that giant void under the counter. The only scary thing here is bad kitchen design.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 12:26 AM, Abramelin said:

Hmmm.....

If you rotate the image 90° then it looks as though someone tried to depict an animal (lizard?) in several states of defleshing and/or preparation.

A meal? A sacrifice?

20210523_162008.jpg

It's a selection of various types of bridges to build.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously, the previous owners kid drew it, it got put on the fridge with a magnetic watermelon slice. There was a draft in the kitchen, the father wasn't very handy, took the drawing and stuffed it in the hole to stop the draft, saying, "Finally something that kid made is useful."  Working theory...