Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's your small success?

theotherguy

What are you quietly proud of yourself for right now? It doesn't have to be anything big--even if you walked a little bit more today, or you finally reorganized your sock drawer, what's your small success for the day, week, month, or year?

I finally got back to my spring 2020 weight, after a year of sitting around and three months of eating junk food, sometimes with a small side salad.

Edited by theotherguy
added description
  • Like 9

I'm proud that more than hundreds of Korean want to see my youtube video.

Even I don't earn any profit, but there is a meaning.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Great Old Man said:

I'm proud that more than hundreds of Korean want to see my youtube video.

Even I don't earn any profit, but there is a meaning.

link?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

link?

humble little tiny you tube channel

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

living a simplistic life.... free of clutter...lol

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Piney said:

I haven't choked the @#$% out of that @%$#ing obnoxious @#$%ing drunking %$#@ing hedgehog @acute yet. :angry:

Well done, Piney!

Commendable self-control.  :tsu:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

I actually waited until our morning meeting was officially over before I farted and fell asleep. Usually, it's right in the middle

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

I built an outside addition for my little chicks yesterday.  I have 13 Goldens that are now getting way to big for their inside domain...but not big enough yet to let out into the general chicken yard.  They'll be laying in about 6-8 weeks and then we'll have a dozen eggs every day!  Want some free eggs?  come see me!

Including going to Home Depot and spending way to much money on stupid chickens (...you gotta do what you gotta do if you want free eggs....    hmmm )  I spent most of the day in the garage building this contraption.  Turned out real nice...and the little chickens are much happier now.  It is important to have happy chickens you know!  Chicks are important!

177222268_fishingforattention.jpg.1d9f9fe5808d305de69c4d640c81b30c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, theotherguy said:

What are you quietly proud of yourself for right now? It doesn't have to be anything big--even if you walked a little bit more today, or you finally reorganized your sock drawer, what's your small success for the day, week, month, or year?

I finally got back to my spring 2020 weight, after a year of sitting around and three months of eating junk food, sometimes with a small side salad.

I learned a good lesson about art: create what feels good to create, and don't worry about wha the reaction of otehr's might be.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Being independent as much as possible between surgeries.  

• Like 8

Just now, tcgram said:

Being independent as much as possible between surgeries.  

Are you a full or partial cyborg???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Xeno-Fish said:

Are you a full or partial cyborg???

Partial, doing one part at a time.....:yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Loosing weight once i quit being an alcoholic.  I had to starve for two days at a time, then it was one small meal, and i'd do this all of the time.  The weight finally came off but i'm still unhappy with my tummy but i don't think a flat stomach i can achieve.  I wouldn't reccommend my diet to anyone though, it made me ill.  I tried loosing weight as an alcoholic but couldn't shed the pounds.  

• Like 5

I'm most proud of how my writing has been going. In the past year I've been brave enough to start posting short pieces on Medium and I got a poem published in an online journal. (Since those are all published under my real name, I don't intend to link to them here.) I also pushed against my strong fear of public speaking by being a panelist in a virtual local book/writing conference. And I've been really proud of the quality of the poetry I've written lately, even though I don't plan on publishing it.

• Like 9

I guess I managed to wake up and get to work today haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, morpheas_back said:

Loosing weight once i quit being an alcoholic.  I had to starve for two days at a time, then it was one small meal, and i'd do this all of the time.  The weight finally came off but i'm still unhappy with my tummy but i don't think a flat stomach i can achieve.  I wouldn't reccommend my diet to anyone though, it made me ill.  I tried loosing weight as an alcoholic but couldn't shed the pounds.  

Uh...not to  poo poo your successes but...words mean things and 'alcoholic' means one who is physically addicted to alcohol.  As such one never stops being an alcoholic.  They become a 'reformed' alcoholic.  

None the less....I'm happy for you if you stopped drinking alcohol.  You cannot really starve yourself into loosing weight.  You need to 'eat' yourself into better physical health and your healthy metabolism will help you keep the weight off.  One can loose the fat...but remember...we always have the fat cells, just sitting there waiting to be filled with our overindulgences. 

• Like 2

Just now, joc said:

Uh...not to  poo poo your successes but...words mean things and 'alcoholic' means one who is physically addicted to alcohol.  As such one never stops being an alcoholic.  They become a 'reformed' alcoholic.  

None the less....I'm happy for you if you stopped drinking alcohol.  You cannot really starve yourself into loosing weight.  You need to 'eat' yourself into better physical health and your healthy metabolism will help you keep the weight off.  One can loose the fat...but remember...we always have the fat cells, just sitting there waiting to be filled with our overindulgences. 

Rubbish Joc, I never even crave alcohol, maybe i buy a bottle of wine here and there but i don't 'itch' to buy more, maybe it's the hangover after.

2 minutes ago, morpheas_back said:

Rubbish Joc, I never even crave alcohol, maybe i buy a bottle of wine here and there but i don't 'itch' to buy more, maybe it's the hangover after.

Then you aren't, weren't,  never have been...an alcoholic.  

• Like 1

I didn't think so either but i lived in a horrid flat close to shops which made me want to drink.  When i moved home i stopped drinking, only a bottle of wine here and there.

I am rather pleased with myself..... for not ripping Piney's stupid feathery head-dress off his stupid head, not putting his chainsaws in liquid nitrogen before running them through a wood-chipper, and not burning down his ridiculous teepee after shoving the central support up his fundament.

:)

• Haha 4