Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's your small success?

theotherguy

Built a ramp for my dad's building. Now he can store his lawnmower. I think half the clouds I saw were made of my sweat. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Built a ramp for my dad's building. Now he can store his lawnmower. I think half the clouds I saw were made of my sweat. 

Good work X . .put your feet up for awhile :) 

• Like 2

Back into the skinny jeans...yay!

• Like 4

Finished physical therapy 3 weeks ahead of schedule and started back to the gym.   :)   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had one more small success today....walked through Sam's Club warehouse earlier.   Wore me out a bit but I'll take it!   :D   

Edited by tcgram
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tcgram said:

I had one more small success today....walked through Sam's Club warehouse earlier.   Wore me out a bit but I'll take it!   :D   

I get my best workouts going to Costco.  I load up my cart putting the 50 pound bags of bird seed in first, walk the whole store, pay for my stuff and push the cart to the back part of the parking lot where I always park.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I have been a teacher in a  multicultural school for over a decade but lately i have been paying closer attention to what it means to be culturally appropriate as a teacher and also how that could make me a more accessible teacher for all. (little detail on why cultural intelligence could be crucial in the future as a teacher) considering classrooms are looking more and more multicultural as we go. 

My front fence is finished, have to wait until August to get the gates.    And my bathroom is under construction, which has been slow going, but my small  success is that I have the money to pay for all the work being done.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I made a new seat for our 1959? Sears & Roebuck portable camping toilet.  ( trickier than it might sound) :tu:

• Like 3

I woke up this morning still above ground and that's just fine with me. :yes:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I woke up this morning still above ground and that's just fine with me. :yes:

I am happy for you, because it's not every morning that a person wakes up still above ground, people who live in flood prone places, they do wake up with water already up to their bed.

7 hours ago, lightly said:

I made a new seat for our 1959? Sears & Roebuck portable camping toilet.  ( trickier than it might sound) :tu:

That's really very interesting, if you don't mind, please tell me what and how you dispose of the products in the portable toilet.

You know about cats? They dig a hole and then defecate or urrinate into the hole, then cover it with soil.

On 6/22/2022 at 4:34 PM, tracy18 said:

I have been a teacher in a  multicultural school for over a decade but lately i have been paying closer attention to what it means to be culturally appropriate as a teacher and also how that could make me a more accessible teacher for all. (little detail on why cultural intelligence could be crucial in the future as a teacher) considering classrooms are looking more and more multicultural as we go. 

Can you imagine, I was a teacher handling kids in kindergarten schools, up to (modesty aside) finally teaching post graduate students working for their masteral or doctoral degrees.

On 5/25/2021 at 7:54 AM, XenoFish said:

I feel I should elaborate on why this is a "small goal", because when I look back at my original post it looks like a big goal. During the building process I had doubts, some of which I mention on the forum. One day I decided to look at it all as one nail, one plank, one sheet of wood, just one of whatever. So I guess you could say the whole project was a collection of micro/small goals. Even now the scope and time that it'll take me to finish is overwhelming me, I need to take a step back today (thanks to this thread), it's all one plank and one nail really. 

My wife and I we thought that we had enough money to build our own home instead of renting.

But we didn't know nothing about how to get people to construct our home, except that we have to employ a contractor, he is the person who gets workers to do the actual work of building a houes.

We got one, and he gave us a budget which was very re-assuring.

Long long story short: My wife and I we finally leaned how to do without contractors, just ask stores selling construction supplies, and they will introduce you to all kinds of skilled workers, and you do yourself supervising them - no more headache and heart-ache with contractors.

• Like 2

I just succeeded to get rid of some pain at my lower left hand pelvis, can you imagine, just massaging the spot with "White Flower Oil"?

I shunned taking by oral ingestion any pain-relief medicines, because they could cause side effects on other parts of my body, and that would be bad for my general health.

White Flower Oil is some very thrifty cocoction from Hong Kong, ask any Chinese around.

• 1 month later...

My success of accepting all that is, letting it be, giving them all they ask for and knowing thats how its always going to be. Look at them, so happy about it.  I think we can move forward now and thats a win everyone can be proud of.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm moving forward with trying to live in this apartment instead of treating it like a place for storage. I know that may sound a little odd but I've spent most of my life in a shop which was my heaven on earth. I no longer do the type of work to belong in a shop anymore. Hopefully setting up a little workshop and possibly a little "entertainment station" will keep me busy. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Projects said:

I'm moving forward with trying to live in this apartment instead of treating it like a place for storage. I know that may sound a little odd but I've spent most of my life in a shop which was my heaven on earth. I no longer do the type of work to belong in a shop anymore. Hopefully setting up a little workshop and possibly a little "entertainment station" will keep me busy. 

No, I get it.  I lived in a couple of smaller places after moving from a large house and never unpacked boxes or got rid of things.   It is a good thing to unpack and find a place for what you need and find a way to let go of what you can't use anymore.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2022 at 5:34 PM, oslove said:

That's really very interesting, if you don't mind, please tell me what and how you dispose of the products in the portable toilet.

You know about cats? They dig a hole and then defecate or urrinate into the hole, then cover it with soil.

Ok  Yup,  that is exactly what the Bureau of Land Management recommends..  (at least 6 inches of soil). they post the instructions on signs on BLM public lands..calling it a “cat hole”     But, I discovered that if I carefully , but forcefully,  pitch the container bucket’s ‘contents’ into the base of a creosote bush…the solids ,mostly, disintegrate!  :P and turn black within hours…becoming nearly invisible..and drying up enough to not attract flys or bees.   It’s desert ,,so blowing sands clean them up after a year or two..rain much quicker!   The bushes ,of which there are millions, don’t seem to mind a bit.. some look a little greener :)  I try not to over dose any particular bush.  It works better than burying ..coyotes usually dig those spots up! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, I get it.  I lived in a couple of smaller places after moving from a large house and never unpacked boxes or got rid of things.   It is a good thing to unpack and find a place for what you need and find a way to let go of what you can't use anymore.

Finally living in an apartment that I don't leave for several hours a day and instead I'm in it mostly 24/7 has it's moments. 

I don't have all the tools I once did because what wasn't sold... were stolen, so that takes care of that. I miss my toolboxes and I will be getting a few to hold different stuff instead of those boxes of drawers made out of tree carcus.

I didn't have much when I moved here and I'm slowly fixing that issue lol

• Like 2