Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman encounters 'Bigfoot' after exiting gym

UM-Bot

3 minutes ago, acute said:

Yes, very diplomatic.

:unsure2:

Hi Acute

that was bigfoots pic mine are somewhat different accenting other attributes but the bottom line is I would arm wrestle her and loser blows the winner(kind of a safe bet0:whistle:

jmccr8

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

There are no big foots hoax's,  or their bones would be found :)

The reasons on bigfoot bones are found is there are no bfs but there are indeed countless bf hoaxes.

Now with this threads case a 20yo who was "working out" claims to see a grey bigfoot right there near a populated area,

Where i have heard some creatures do have an affention for gurls in yogo pants this time im going with a made up for attention story after seeing some stimuli, a homeless guy, a possum who knows but not bf.

The fact she didnt want her name out there means little to me she involved matt make money off bf,

He thinks its the real deal which is more reason i doubt the credibilty and intregrity of the story, in matts run with "finding bigfoot" did he ever find one? No, of course not.

However matt if anyone should know to go see if there were any tracks and 100% if a creature was really there hair could be found, did matt do any of that follow up? hum.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Perhaps this could be a thread all its own. (hint hint)

Feel free and go right ahead... I'm rather busy if not lazy as well... 

Good luck! 

:tu:

~

• Like 1

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

However matt if anyone should know to go see if there were any tracks and 100% if a creature was really there hair could be found, did matt do any of that follow up? hum.  

That is one of the biggest knocks I have against the existence of bigfoot.   A huge hairy animal walking through brush and wooded areas would leave clumps of hair all over the place.  It would probably be all matted as well.

Last weekend, I found a clump of rabbit fur on a thistle I was removing.   Never seen the rabbit, but it left its fur.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

That is one of the biggest knocks I have against the existence of bigfoot.   A huge hairy animal walking through brush and wooded areas would leave clumps of hair all over the place.  It would probably be all matted as well.

Last weekend, I found a clump of rabbit fur on a thistle I was removing.   Never seen the rabbit, but it left its fur.  

Exactly correct :tu:

Im over 6 ft over 200lbs ( working on that part ) and my hair is to my waist and i assure you my hair in all over the house car etc not hard to find

What i got a big chuckle off of was matt makermoney says he belivers the girlies story but did mr bigfoot hunter go find hair? Of course not.

Just another nail in the coffin against bf being real.

• Like 2

I have scant cursory interest in BF, but human nature is intriguing as hell.

What's interesting in this exchange is how many people exhibit deep faith and absolute certainty in the story generated by their inner storyteller and believe the biased tale it creates regarding an event they had no involvment in, were no where near and didn't experience themselves, yet they believe and subsequently speak and act as if they know what occured.

fascinating.jpg.f70159d38d59cc3d6ba0ea26476f14e7.jpg

Edited by quiXilver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2021 at 11:54 AM, quiXilver said:

I have scant cursory interest in BF, but human nature is intriguing as hell.

What's interesting in this exchange is how many people exhibit deep faith and absolute certainty in the story generated by their inner storyteller and believe the biased tale it creates regarding an event they had no involvment in, were no where near and didn't experience themselves, yet they believe and subsequently speak and act as if they know what occured.

fascinating.jpg.f70159d38d59cc3d6ba0ea26476f14e7.jpg

Concur! Especially this, quiXsikver: "yet they believe and subsequently speak and act as if they know what occured."

Many times I see people say that they know more about an account than the eyewitness. Imagine that? crazy stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's really crazy is the fact that eyewitness testimony is so flawed.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-the-eyes-have-it/

IN 1984 KIRK BLOODSWORTH was convicted of the rape and murder of a nine-year-old girl and sentenced to the gas chamber—an outcome that rested largely on the testimony of five eyewitnesses. After Bloodsworth served nine years in prison, DNA testing proved him to be innocent. Such devastating mistakes by eyewitnesses are not rare, according to a report by the Innocence Project, an organization affiliated with the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University that uses DNA testing to exonerate those wrongfully convicted of crimes. Since the 1990s, when DNA testing was first introduced, Innocence Project researchers have reported that 73 percent of the 239 convictions overturned through DNA testing were based on eyewitness testimony. One third of these overturned cases rested on the testimony of two or more mistaken eyewitnesses. How could so many eyewitnesses be wrong?

I mean people on death row due to mistaken identity!  Wild!!  239 convictions overturned!!  Crazy!!  How could they be so wrong indeed!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Resume said:

How could they be so wrong indeed!!!

because they are human

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

because they are human

I'm thinking that's it.  Humans are prone to all sorts of things.  

• Like 1

Just now, Resume said:

I'm thinking that's it.  Humans are prone to all sorts of things.  

well, it makes me think about what percentage of those mistaken witnesses knew damn well the accused was innocent but lied to gain something. ya know, didn't like him/ her or whatever... I guess we won't know

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

well, it makes me think about what percentage of those mistaken witnesses knew damn well the accused was innocent but lied to gain something. ya know, didn't like him/ her or whatever... I guess we won't know

Yeah, human beings are prone to lying as well.  Good point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Resume said:

Yeah, human beings are prone to lying as well.  Good point.

yep.. imo it's no different to youtube ufo things in the sky.. I'd suggest the vast majority of claims know exactly what it is they've filmed- it just looks a bit strange so they say I don't know what it is & call it a ufo.. but hey, what do we know;)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yep.. imo it's no different to youtube ufo things in the sky.. I'd suggest the vast majority of claims know exactly what it is they've filmed- it just looks a bit strange so they say I don't know what it is & call it a ufo.. but hey, what do we know;)

A tossed hubcap or garbage can lid will get you a lot of clicks, and p***ed off clickers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Resume said:

A tossed hubcap or garbage can lid will get you a lot of clicks, and p***ed off clickers.

the problem there is 'many' will not be p***ed off & believe it

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Resume said:

What's really crazy is the fact that eyewitness testimony is so flawed.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-the-eyes-have-it/

I mean people on death row due to mistaken identity!  Wild!!  239 convictions overturned!!  Crazy!!  How could they be so wrong indeed!!!

Four US Navy pilots flying Super hornets together over the ocean *say* they encountered a Tic Tac UFO for FIVE minutes, just jumping back and forth over the ocean.
There were no other objects in sight, save the ocean. 5 minutes. Man.. and the US Navy is making Lieutenants of such crazy people? /sarc :blink:

Resume, telling me what  *other* people did, can never stand as evidence as to what everyone does, else eyewitness testimony would never be allowed.
And you never did explain how many eyewitnesses get it CORRECT. funny that, eh? No,,, prejudice that.

PS to add: Resume, in this famous incident I cite, Pilot David Fravor was one of the four. One pilot named Underwood captured the UFO on Infrared 
and the USS Princeton caught it on Sy1 radar. Still think it was a case of misidentification by four slackjaw pilots?

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
PS to add
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

. Still think it was a case of misidentification by four slackjaw pilots?

Nice strawman.  Never even addressed the issue, and never said anyone, including pilots, were slackjawed.  Complete, utter fail.

ETA: And that crap doesn't belong in this thread.  

Edited by Resume
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Resume said:

Nice strawman.  Never even addressed the issue, and never said anyone, including pilots, were slackjawed.  Complete, utter fail.

ETA: And that crap doesn't belong in this thread.  

Strawman?? Like your using inmates wrongfully convicted of crimes *possibly* due to misidentification wasn't? What's good for the goose...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Strawman?? Like your using inmates wrongfully convicted of crimes *possibly* due to misidentification wasn't? What's good for the goose...

You don't even know what a strawman is.

https://owl.excelsior.edu/argument-and-critical-thinking/logical-fallacies/logical-fallacies-straw-man/#:~:text=A straw man fallacy occurs,the first person is making.

A straw man fallacy occurs when someone takes another person’s argument or point, distorts it or exaggerates it in some kind of extreme way, and then attacks the extreme distortion, as if that is really the claim the first person is making.

In replying to your post about eyewitness testimony, I presented evidence of its unreliability.  You, on the other hand, put words in my mouth.

Still think it was a case of misidentification by four slackjaw pilots?

You have no idea of what I think of those pilot's reports because I've never expressed it anywhere in this thread or on this forum.

Edited by Resume
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

tenor.gif?itemid=15970871

Harte

• Haha 1