Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans could live for 150 years, study claims

UM-Bot

The article seems less optimistic than the insurance billboard (ca. 2013?)

The-first-person-to-live-to-150-billboard.jpg

And there's this fellow named Aubrey de Grey who's gunning for 1000. (Let's get ready for a loooooong retirement :rofl: )

Edited by eight bits
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, eight bits said:

And there's this fellow named Aubrey de Grey who's gunning for 1000. (Let's get ready for a loooooong retirement :rofl: )

Haha yeah. Aubrey is hoping for new tech.

This study is basically saying in the absolute perfect conditions (like a bubble) the human body could make it to 120-150.

• Like 2

The only person who would want to live that long would be a 149 year old

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We had a Latin teacher who was actually a Roman left behind when they pulled out of Britain.  He was shrunken and shrivelled and only ever spoke words none of us could understand.  Instead of lines or detentions he would issue crucifixions, and for most of us an hour or so hanging on a cross in agony was all it needed to make us remember our homeworks.  He must have been 1600 years old, and there was even a rumour his father was still alive.  So I guess the secret to extreme longevity is inflicting immense cruelty on spotty teenagers?

12 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

The only person who would want to live that long would be a 149 year old

Or would they?  What fun will it be then, with your body literally falling to bits around you?  And your brain probably mush as well.  Or would it actually be worse to still have your wits and know how utterly helpless and dependent you have become?  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Who on earth would want to live to 150?  :wacko:

Your eyesight is gone, you're deaf as a post, all your food has to liquidized, you're bald, physically disabled, and completely hatstand.

• Haha 1

This wouldn't be very fun for men, especially. Pretty much any man would die of prostate cancer if they lived long enough...and I'm pretty sure 150 is way, way past long enough

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

We had a Latin teacher who was actually a Roman left behind when they pulled out of Britain.  He was shrunken and shrivelled and only ever spoke words none of us could understand.  Instead of lines or detentions he would issue crucifixions, and for most of us an hour or so hanging on a cross in agony was all it needed to make us remember our homeworks.  He must have been 1600 years old, and there was even a rumour his father was still alive.  So I guess the secret to extreme longevity is inflicting immense cruelty on spotty teenagers?

Or would they?  What fun will it be then, with your body literally falling to bits around you?  And your brain probably mush as well.  Or would it actually be worse to still have your wits and know how utterly helpless and dependent you have become?  

I am Dunken McCloud from the Clan McCloud and I was born in 1366 and I am Immortal!!!

Wow, now I understand why I have spent my life as. Soldier, where is that teacher, I want his head!!!:angry::D

mira res in suo esse leges bilinguis. German loquor et anglicus copiose. Ego etiam dicere paene Coreanica copiose. Arabice loquor, loqui, et kurshish ok.

Peace my friend!!

4 hours ago, eight bits said:

Actually you wrong!!:wacko: I am Duncan McCloud of the Clan McCloud, I was born on the shore of Loch Ness ( that's where they washed me off after birth :D) in 1592 and I am IMMORTAL!!!:gun:

I

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

This wouldn't be very fun for men, especially. Pretty much any man would die of prostate cancer if they lived long enough...and I'm pretty sure 150 is way, way past long enough

That's not true didn't you hear about the new Drug Viagprostate, they guarantee it will will keep the old flag pole up for at least 200 years with no side effects!!:wacko::lol:

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

That's not true didn't you hear about the new Drug Viagprostate, they guarantee it will will keep the old flag pole up for at least 200 years with no side effects!!:wacko::lol:

No kidding, though, as men get older, they really need to start paying that stuff closer attention. I've seen two men almost die of prostate cancer and it's no small ordeal. It's worth putting off as long as possible by taking care of your health now

• Like 1

A 179 year-old-man says, “Death has forgotten me!”  :whistle:

According to a report published on WorldNewsDailyReport.com, all the official documents favour the 179-year-old's version of story. While most of us are scared of death and wish to live longer or rather have an eternal life, here is a story about a man who has discovered 179 years in India! Yes, you got that right! Mahashta Mûrasi is an Indian who has claimed to be born in 1835. Well, if what he says is true, he not only becomes the oldest man in the world but also the man who has lived the longest since the history of mankind (according to the Guinness World Records).

https://www.india.com/viral/shocking-a-179-year-old-man-says-death-has-forgotten-me-196192/

I'm good with whatever my expiration date currently is. I have no interest in being around that long. Sheeesh.

8 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

A 179 year-old-man says, “Death has forgotten me!”  :whistle:

According to a report published on WorldNewsDailyReport.com, all the official documents favour the 179-year-old's version of story. While most of us are scared of death and wish to live longer or rather have an eternal life, here is a story about a man who has discovered 179 years in India! Yes, you got that right! Mahashta Mûrasi is an Indian who has claimed to be born in 1835. Well, if what he says is true, he not only becomes the oldest man in the world but also the man who has lived the longest since the history of mankind (according to the Guinness World Records).

https://www.india.com/viral/shocking-a-179-year-old-man-says-death-has-forgotten-me-196192/

I don't believe it 

I'm skeptical of the 179-year-old Indian, and that story was posted in 2014. He'd be 185-186 by now. Here's an article about a man who was claimed to be 146 at time of death in Indonesia. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39768321. I kind of wish these two had been able to talk to each other.

I want to make it 110.

I’d like to live forever. With technology advancing there’s so much to see every few years

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 4:36 PM, UM-Bot said:

New research has indicated that 150 might be the oldest age that any human could realistically reach.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/347272/humans-could-live-for-150-years-study-claims

For those who missed it then two months ago there was a huge break-through in de-aging organisms.

Allow me to explain:

1. Cells pick up damage as part of their daily metabolism.

2. That damage means some of the proteins they release into the blood stream are defective.

3. At night the organism goes to sleep and its cells enter into repair mode.

4. The signalling for their repair mode is contained in our blood, but those defective proteins take the edge off it.

5. The defective proteins dampening down the cellular repair means cells dont repair themselves back to how they were at the start of the day.

6. As result the next days metabolism leaves them with a higher amount of damage that needs repair. As this continues over days, weeks, months, and years, then it drives aging. In essence, aging is a signalling problem where cells dont fully repair themseves.

What scientists discovered 2 months back is that if you drain half the blood plasma out of an organism and replace it with saline solution then that organism will de-age overnight back into pristine condition. The reason being is the blood plasma contains the defective proteins. They achieved the equivalent of turning an 80 year human into a 20 year old one overnight.

That sort of treatment would require a couple of days in hospital although I propose another approach:

1. Avoid eating protein all day to drop the level of protein in your blood.

2. On the same day do weights so that your muscle tissue scavenges the remaining protein from the blood.

3. Super hydrate after your work out. Not to the point where you put your health at risk, but to the point you will be going for a wee 10-20 times that day. 

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 3:41 PM, godnodog said:

I´m 42 and already fed up with all the BS

I feel the exact same way.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 11:15 PM, Manwon Lender said:

I am Dunken McCloud from the Clan McCloud and I was born in 1366 and I am Immortal!!!

Wow, now I understand why I have spent my life as. Soldier, where is that teacher, I want his head!!!:angry::D

mira res in suo esse leges bilinguis. German loquor et anglicus copiose. Ego etiam dicere paene Coreanica copiose. Arabice loquor, loqui, et kurshish ok.

Peace my friend!!

That is Connor, lad!

You gotta be real lucky to live that long. Personally, I'd like to live for atleast a couple thousand years lol. See humanity colonize other planets and such. Who knows...maybe even reverse aging technology will be released by then. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-scientists-claim-to-reverse-aging-in-blood-cells-with-pressure-chamber/