Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democracy Defeated, 35–54: Three times in the past year, American democracy has been tested.

Grim Reaper 6

The first test came after last fall’s election, when more Americans voted for the Democratic candidate, Joe Biden, than for any other presidential candidate in history. Biden won the Electoral College by a wide margin, too—306–232.

In the aftermath, Congress moved to impeach Trump for fomenting an insurrection. This would be democracy’s second test. Clear majorities of both houses voted in favor. The House voted 232–197 to impeach Trump, and in the Senate, a sizable majority, 57 members, voted to convict him. But convictions require two-thirds of the Senate

Republicans as a whole were not willing to examine what happened on January 6. They wouldn’t step aside and allow a majority of their colleagues to do it. They wouldn’t vote to let Collins introduce a measure that would have watered down the commission. The GOP was prepared to block any and every version of an investigation. This, too, is a defeat for democracy, and the third test.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/democracy-defeated-35–54/ar-AAKuIeP

• Like 4

What shocked me most about the Jan 6 incident was when the mob was chanting "HANG MIKE PENCE" !!   They were willing to completely abandon all rule of law ,and sence of reason, simply because the Vice President decided to do his duty rather than "the right thing" as trump was insisting of him.

• Like 2

Obviously for some, Democracy only works when their side wins. Majoritarianism is a bad thing when the other side wins, but is a good thing when their side loses. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, lightly said:

What shocked me most about the Jan 6 incident was when the mob was chanting "HANG MIKE PENCE" !!   They were willing to completely abandon all rule of law ,and sence of reason, simply because the Vice President decided to do his duty rather than "the right thing" as trump was insisting of him.

That was Antifa dressed as Trump supporters chanting that. Antifa were the violent ones that day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Duke Fan said:

That was Antifa dressed as Trump supporters chanting that. Antifa were the violent ones that day.

I'm not sure if you're serious or just being a little facetious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duke Fan said:

Uhuh.   So Antifa disguised as trump supporters look like ,mentally challenged individuals, in hockey gear and winter hats with ear flaps ?

Edited by lightly

Massive voter fraud! They will cheat! Rigged election! Millions of dead voters! Massive fraud!   Donald Trump Circa 2016

And then he won.

Massive voter fraud! They will cheat! Rigged election! Millions of dead voters! Massive fraud!   Donald Trump Circa 2020 

But fraud only in states he lost to.          You people are so gullible.

• Like 3

AZ, GA, WI,  all beginning audits.  Democrats going to court or rejecting court ORDERS to keep from having these audits.  Anyone here who says they'd simply accept this if they had lost is incapable of honesty.  These audits, even if they prove the election was rigged, will change no minds on the Left.  All it will do is cause them to double down.  What they believe is of no real importance at this point.  The true danger these audits pose for them is that the MEANS they employed will be exposed and it will be very difficult to do it again.  

BTW, honest people don't have a habit of trying to stop reviews of potential criminal activity.  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Massive voter fraud! They will cheat! Rigged election! Millions of dead voters! Massive fraud!   Donald Trump Circa 2016

And then he won.

Massive voter fraud! They will cheat! Rigged election! Millions of dead voters! Massive fraud!   Donald Trump Circa 2020 

But fraud only in states he lost to.          You people are so gullible.

Russia Russia Russia!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

AZ, GA, WI,  all beginning audits.  Democrats going to court or rejecting court ORDERS to keep from having these audits.  Anyone here who says they'd simply accept this if they had lost is incapable of honesty.  These audits, even if they prove the election was rigged, will change no minds on the Left.  All it will do is cause them to double down.  What they believe is of no real importance at this point.  The true danger these audits pose for them is that the MEANS they employed will be exposed and it will be very difficult to do it again.  

BTW, honest people don't have a habit of trying to stop reviews of potential criminal activity.  

How many audits were conducted in these states already?  I'll wait.  How many audits were conducted in 2016?  I'll wait.  You say something stupid like it will change no minds on the left...but it is the right that is acting a fool when they lose.  MULTIPLE AUDITS have been conducted in MULTIPLE states...with nothing to report.  You are the one who will never have their mind changed.  These audits will end, with nothing to show...and there will be calls for more audits.  How many audits will it take for you to realize you're wrong?  I believe we're at at least 7 now.  A dozen?  25?  What's your number?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, and then said:

You mean like tax records?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 3:08 PM, lightly said:

Uhuh.   So Antifa disguised as trump supporters look like ,mentally challenged individuals, in hockey gear and winter hats with ear flaps ?

Yes! They're that stupid.

On 5/29/2021 at 12:27 PM, Likely Guy said:

I'm not sure if you're serious or just being a little facetious.

I'm serious! Antifa is a domestic terrorist organization that destroys domestic businesses and murders civilians. Portland and Seattle are perfect examples.

Edited by Duke Fan
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Duke Fan said:

I'm serious! Antifa is a domestic terrorist organization that destroys domestic businesses and murders civilians. Portland and Seattle are perfect examples.

Sounds like we need a commission to investigate the events of Jan. 6 and catch them red handed! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nobody seem to be intrested in the incident when white house was stormed. But this incident is always brought up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kartikg said:

Nobody seem to be intrested in the incident when white house was stormed. But this incident is always brought up. 

Oh I think I remember that, that's when Trump had Federal Park Police and Federal agents attack aa bunch of peaceful demonstrators. So that he could walk across the street and signal both the Religous Extreme Right, and the White Supremacists by holding a bible up!!:no: 

AA93AAC4-8834-4877-BB2F-50C624D89E10-1478-000001E4CA7426CD.jpg

8A281ADA-ED67-498D-B572-06E2DE0972A5-1478-000001E654E2047E.jpg

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Oh I think I remember that, that's when Trump had Federal Park Police and Federal agents attack aa bunch of peaceful demonstrators. So that he could walk across the street and signal both the Religous Extreme Right, and the White Supremacists by holding a bible up!!:no: 

AA93AAC4-8834-4877-BB2F-50C624D89E10-1478-000001E4CA7426CD.jpg

8A281ADA-ED67-498D-B572-06E2DE0972A5-1478-000001E654E2047E.jpg

The Congressional investigation into that just recently completed.  They found that he didn't plan that event.  He merely used it as a photo op. Protesters not forced from Lafayette Park for Trump Bible photo op, investigation finds - al.com

Edited by Gromdor
added link
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gromdor said:

The Congressional investigation into that just recently completed.  They found that he didn't plan that event.  He merely used it as a photo op.

That isn't hard to believe, I don't think he has ever planned anything his entire life. 

Take care                                                                                      

60656325-6A23-4A75-8CB0-AA035BE520C4-4372-00000988E4565451.jpg