Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Artist sells absolutely nothing for $18,300

UM-Bot

Zany, No limits anything goes in art. Check it

Number 2 Costs a Lot of Money

https://www.oddee.com/art-exhibits-bizarre-fascinating/

"'Waste not, want not. For one night back in 2013, some olfactory free spirits ventured to San Francisco’s Public Works art house to see a series of prints made from excrement in a show called “I Poop You.” We assume people said it stunk, even if it had nothing to do with the scent. "'

Art world can be strange indeed.

One submitted lower in article IS , BELIEVE IT,  on used rubbers/condoms.

Also, purely hearsay, that Google spent a boatload on seaweed tossed on plywood.

Gahh. I have one simple requirement for "art": If I can replicate it myself in less than four hours and less than $200, it's not art. Scribbling on a urinal isn't art. Taping a banana to a wall isn't art. Dunking a crucifix in a beaker of urine isn't art. This ain't even close to art. This is the art world equivalent of paying several hundred dollars for pre-ripped jeans with fake stains. Except worse, since then you at least get an overpriced pair of work pants out of it. I literally can't understand, at all, the idea of handing over five digits for absolutely nothing and calling it a success. If you want to be pretentious, at least make a donation to charity and then call a public-access press conference to brag about it. This is stupid in ways that haven't existed until now.

GOOD ON THE ARTIST. 
Stupid people deserve to be separated from their money.

I wonder if the buyer eats tide pods also. :rolleyes: