Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Post a daily Buddhist Prayer, Photo, or Quote by Gautama Buddha discussions are also welcome

Grim Reaper 6

8 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

lol no its both Buddhist and secular humanist 

ive given enough sources to prove this to be true 

You just won't admit tha t anything I post is correct . :)  Probably you have adopted a particular Californian mew age variant of Buddhism 

There are elements of SDA beliefs in my own (and Buddhist, Jainist, Jewish  Gaean )  but many SDA beliefs  match Buddhist ones. eg pacifism and vegetarianism.  

You wouldn't know Adventist doctrine, so your comment is both ill informed and mischievous :)  

Your not a practicing Buddhist, a few posts above you said so yourself.

It is what it is. It is not personal to you it is your ego attachment flipping out again. :P

‘All the best.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Not sure where you got that piece of quote from

Ive actually explained what you describe here 

Some truths are absolute so arguably THE truth is absolute 

eg "every body dies"  is an absolute truth

but many truths are personal eg it is true  that I love spaghetti bolognaise.

Values ethics and beliefs are not actually truths but beliefs  

Hi Walker

The link was right before the quote is where I got it from and it accurately describes to accepted description.:D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, closed for business said:

Hi Walker

The link was right before the quote is where I got it from and it accurately describes to accepted description.:D

ok gotcha

yes i meant that this particular truth was absolute, no matter how it is described. 

ie 

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”

I t is absolutely and demonstrably true.

Our actions (and our feelings)  flow from  our thoughts.

Shape or control your thoughts and you have control over your  emotions and your actions.

Do both and your life will be filled with "joy" "peace" "power" "purpose" etc. (if those are the things you want from life. If  you  want anger,  fear, hate, envy, greed, then you can have them instead. 

You can substitute different words. but the cause and effect  is an absolute truth. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

ok gotcha

yes i meant that this particular truth was absolute, no matter how it is described. 

ie 

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”

I t is absolutely and demonstrably true.

Our actions (and our feelings)  flow from  our thoughts.

Shape or control your thoughts and you have control over your  emotions and your actions.

Do both and your life will be filled with "joy" "peace" "power" "purpose" etc. (if those are the things you want from life. If  you  want anger,  fear, hate, envy, greed, then you can have them instead. 

You can substitute different words. but the cause and effect  is an absolute truth. 

Your example is not an absolute truth, it is the same opinion you use for everything you post, regardless of topic.
‘A good example of an absolute is you will die:D, we all will.

‘’All the best, MW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Love this. 

I title it, Serenity. Seems to grow right out of the forest, full of peace and contemplation. You can smell the moist earth and plants, feel the heat of the sunlight on your skin, dappled by green branches, swaying in the breeze. You can hear the chorus of exotic birdsong and cries.

• Like 4

A variation of the theme... The mud maid... 

living sculpture mud maid from mymodernmet.com

10 Jun 2020 — Created by local artists Pete and Sue Hill, who are brother and sister, these mud sculptures have become emblems of the park. Known ...

~

• Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 10:36 AM, Hammerclaw said:

See the source image

Thanks for sharing, that's peaceful looking and beautiful photo!:tu:

C916A0EE-1669-495E-9E4C-4841E0C4C305-6806-0000107DC902CA26.jpg

7C7061E5-EADA-4F7D-81F8-FC7325C69A16-6806-0000107E4B3B6743.jpg

BC43D695-3BB1-4BBD-9E29-47BB64B70A9E-6625-0000103D1B239DA3.png