Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Post a daily Buddhist Prayer, Photo, or Quote by Gautama Buddha discussions are also welcome

Grim Reaper 6

Everyone please do me a favor, if you wish to discuss other religions please I am asking you to kindly either start another thread or discuss those religions in one of the Hundreds of threads already in the religious forum section. This thread is for those who wish to discuss there Buddhist philosophies or for those who wish to add sonething based upon those philosophies or to learn about them.

I mean no disrespect to anyone and my comments are not intended to single anyone out, so please even if you think I am a complete ASS, respect my request. :lol:

Thank you all very much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9E172E10-7486-42B2-BB3B-4D372948BE00-4372-00000979E2B0601E.jpg

929C0FFC-DC42-43A5-9FEA-505EC01E5BE4-4372-0000097AA99248C6.jpg

69BDCB04-0E53-418F-80E5-77DEAED7A3A3-4372-0000097E53473CDC.jpg

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

Oh come now, you've picked a poor example... 

~

You believe your links and I'll believe mine. The Prophet's letters are from tenth century source.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You believe your links and I'll believe mine. The Prophet's letters are from tenth century source.

"Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy"

:rolleyes:

~

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, third_eye said:

"Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy"

~

When it comes to religion, any religion, the more you delve deeper into it, the more uncertain it all becomes. This even holds true when political ideology deposes religion's eidolons in favor of it's own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

When it comes to religion, any religion, the more you delve deeper into it, the more uncertain it all becomes. This even holds true when political ideology deposes religion's eidolons in favor of it's own.

Or as it is attributed to Gautama Siddhartha ...

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought: it is founded on our thoughts and made up of our thoughts. If a man speak or act with an evil thought, suffering follows him as the wheel follows the hoof of the beast that draws the wagon…. If a man speak or act with a good thought, happiness follows him like a shadow that never leaves him.”

~

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Or as it is attributed to Gautama Siddhartha ...

~

A nice quoting, but have you no words of your own to express thoughts entirely your own? While one should never forget the past, it is the living who sow the seeds of the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

A nice quoting, but have you no words of your own to express thoughts entirely your own? While one should never forget the past, it is the living who sow the seeds of the future.

Here, maybe this is the only alley you're up in...

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

~

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Here, maybe this is the only alley you're up in...

~

You're still quoting. I'm still waiting for you to express your thoughts in your own words. In the meantime, for reading I suggest the  Roger Zelazny short story, A Rose For Ecclesiastes. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

You're still quoting. I'm still waiting for you to express your thoughts in your own words. In the meantime, for reading I suggest the  Roger Zelazny short story, A Rose For Ecclesiastes. 

Waiting will not determine where your echoes dissipate... 

Here's another nice "quote"

True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.

Guess who? 

:lol:

~

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, third_eye said:

Hmmmm... Technically speaking....

~

~

Not to mention the Quran bears similarities to the Judaic narratives... 

~

Interesting article concerning the Pali Canon, and I would not argue the point that the early Dharma and Sutras were written in a number of different languages because there are many early writings however the Pali Canon is the most complete of all the early written text. The quote below by Horner, must be meant as a joke because there was no written text for more than 400 years after Buddhas death.  

Thanks Man

The Buddha did not adopt Sanskrit because not all Mahāyāna texts are preserved in pure Sanskrit. Moreover, we know from the beginning that the Buddha was not in favor of Sanskrit. In the Pāli Vinaya it is mentioned that the Buddha strongly reprimanded the monks for using the metrical form of Sanskrit (Horner 194).

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

The quote below by Horner, must be meant as a joke because there was no written text for more than 400 years after Buddhas death.  

Current dating debates hasn't settled anything anywhere yet, I wouldn't pay too much adherence to versions that is later dogma tale wagging sects is woofing about. 

The core and central that is closest in time and teachings is Pali and Sanskrit... 

http://factsanddetails.com/world/cat55/sub398/item1334.html

~

Edited by third_eye
Missing link
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don't know, may you are a closet follower of Xeno but that's ok, I promise not to judge you for that!:lol:

He knows better. I do not always agree with him, or he with me.

Now, where are those photo's made by Buddha?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Now, where are those photo's made by Buddha?

Unfortunately they are currently located with his personally written daily planner, both are hidden in a statue of Buddha waiting to be discovered!:yes:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

If anything, at least we can converse.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Current dating debates hasn't settled anything anywhere yet, I wouldn't pay too much adherence to versions that is later dogma tale wagging sects is woofing about. 

The core and central that is closest in time and teachings is Pali and Sanskrit... 

http://factsanddetails.com/world/cat55/sub398/item1334.html

~

Thanks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Will Due said:

"Those who are earnest die not; the thoughtless are dead already. Blessed are they who have insight into the deathless state. Those who torture the living will hardly find happiness after death. The unselfish go to heaven, where they rejoice in the bliss of infinite liberality and continue to increase in noble generosity."

- Buddha  

Hey Will thanks for your participation. Again I appreciate your support, and I hope you and family are doing well.

Oh and by the way, did you get your vaccine? I got mine, I let them give it to me in my right eye it was really cool!!!:lol:

Peace dude.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

"Buddhism is a living, growing religion today because it succeeds in conserving many of the highest moral values of its adherents. It promotes calmness and self-control, augments serenity and happiness, and does much to prevent sorrow and mourning. Those who believe this philosophy live better lives than many who do not.

@Manwon Lender

You might find these links interesting to read. I hope it benefits you. 

Gautama Siddhartha

The Buddhist Faith

The Spread of Buddhism

• Like 3

"Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching"

"We learn from everyone...one way or another."   < lightly. :P

.      .pardon this inclusion?  > was there really an "Abraham" ?  If so, what was his religion? There is a reason that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are called the  Abrahamic religions.     And Buddhism was born of Hindhuism.  right?

• Like 1

" We have a fear of facing ourselves. That is the obstacle. Experiencing the innermost core of our existence is very embarrassing to a lot of people. A lot of people turn to something that they hope will liberate them without their having to face themselves. That is impossible. We can't do that. We have to be honest with ourselves. We have to see our gut, our excrement, our most undesirable parts. We have to see them. That is the foundation of warriorship, basically speaking. Whatever is there, we have to face it, we have to look at it, study it, work with it and practice meditation with it."

--- Chogyam Trungpa

• Like 2

8 hours ago, third_eye said:

Waiting will not determine where your echoes dissipate... 

Here's another nice "quote"

Guess who? 

:lol:

~

I suppose originality is frowned upon, behind the the Great Firewall of China.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I suppose originality is frowned upon, behind the the Great Firewall of China.

Just for starters... 

Papermaking, printing, gunpowder and the compass - the four great inventions of ancient China-are significant contributions of the Chinese nation to world civilization.

~

Your disillusioned sanctuary awaits an awakening dawn...

SCCuueC3f21OoWk7Qvzb3yjfopDS8P2moqCdSD-E

~

• Like 1