Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family who live in the Conjuring House say it's still haunted

Eldorado

34 minutes ago, rashore said:

I didn't say anything about my beliefs on the paranormal or the experiences in my commentary. I said I think they believe in the haunt, and likely they believe in whatever experiences happened. I think it's likely from their belief stance they are not trying to be fraudulent or working from a basis of make believe. 

I do think they are making the buck, and know they are doing it. Just like other profiteers do with murder houses and other legends. 

I didn't say you did say that i said,

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

You base yours on believing that the people honestly had the alleged experences and believe in turn the joints haunted

I will repeat that you gave me the impression you are basing your opinions that these people sincerely the joints haunted and their experiences are real i do not share theirs or your opinion on it because i need more than just a story, so for me my opinion is its make believe however i guess if they sincerenly believe it then it might not be fraud still they cant or havent proven their claims.

I fully respect you have your own opinion on this as do i.

Edited by the13bats

12 hours ago, the13bats said:

I didn't say you did say that i said,

I will repeat that you gave me the impression you are basing your opinions that these people sincerely the joints haunted and their experiences are real i do not share theirs or your opinion on it because i need more than just a story, so for me my opinion is its make believe however i guess if they sincerenly believe it then it might not be fraud still they cant or havent proven their claims.

I fully respect you have your own opinion on this as do i.

I didn't say anything about my beliefs on the experiences, you chose to think I believe they had alleged experiences. Please don't assume beliefs of me, especially since I didn't bring it up. I realize where you may fall on the belief spectrum based off your commentary, but don't use your beliefs to fabricate my beliefs. 

I didn't base my commentary due to where I land on the belief spectrum, but rather off research. And it didn't take much of it after Xeno jogged my memory about the movie and made me question why these folks had this article come up. The Heinzen's are believers in the paranormal, so much so they purposely purchased a property that is reputed to be haunted in the hopes they would catch the haunt. They have had interviews and articles previously where they discuss what they believe are experiences in the paranormal. They have investigated, had investigators in, have had cameras up, even have random people in to see if they can catch a spooky experience. They have put up what they feel are good captures of strange things. They do seem to be basing their enterprise off their beliefs in the existence of paranormal rather than out of belief it does not exist and are being fraudulent. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rashore said:

I didn't say anything about my beliefs on the experiences, you chose to think I believe they had alleged experiences. Please don't assume beliefs of me, especially since I didn't bring it up. I realize where you may fall on the belief spectrum based off your commentary, but don't use your beliefs to fabricate my beliefs. 

I didn't base my commentary due to where I land on the belief spectrum, but rather off research. And it didn't take much of it after Xeno jogged my memory about the movie and made me question why these folks had this article come up. The Heinzen's are believers in the paranormal, so much so they purposely purchased a property that is reputed to be haunted in the hopes they would catch the haunt. They have had interviews and articles previously where they discuss what they believe are experiences in the paranormal. They have investigated, had investigators in, have had cameras up, even have random people in to see if they can catch a spooky experience. They have put up what they feel are good captures of strange things. They do seem to be basing their enterprise off their beliefs in the existence of paranormal rather than out of belief it does not exist and are being fraudulent. 

You are mistaking what i am or am not saying, what i keep saying and hope to clarify here...note what you said bolded

14 hours ago, rashore said:

See, now I don't think they are doing fraud and make believe unto themselves. I think they really do believe in the existence of the haunt as much as you seem to believe it does not exist. Since they are of the mind that the haunt exists, why not make some bucks off it too to help pay the bills? They keep trying to get proof, others get to try to find it too.. it's a win/win from the belief in haunt standpoint.

It also gives them much better control over what folks come around to check things out. A previous owner was so fed up with the curious they sued over it. If one goes into buying the house believing the haunt, and wants to embrace the haunt and share it... that's a  bit more akin to if someone bought a murder house then it popping up in lore and attracting a lot of not welcome curious folks vs a murder house embracing it's lore and selling souvenir axes to the curious. 

I think they do believe in haunts... and are also completely embracing the fiscal aspects of such a place like other folks do with other legend promoting. 

My take away wasnt that you believe in haunts yourself but rather you think these people are believers which bolded above reflects then somehow you are getting confused that im talking about your personal beliefs in haunts or even that you believe their experences are real which i never said, i said you think its real to them nothing more.

im pointing out you believe that they are belivers in turn it isnt ( to them or you ) make believe or a scam to profit as i believe it is,

i hope i cleared that up this time and hope we can both have our own yet different opinions here.

Well hang cameras and microphones in any corner of the house and get some real evidence. I mean with today's technology it should not be to hard to get some real proof. Really :yes: What's the hold up here ?

Edited by thedutchiedutch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Well hang cameras and microphones in any corner of the house and get some real evidence. I mean with today's technology it should not be to hard to get some real proof. Really :yes: What's the hold up here ?

They did that. And also have allowed other folks to come in and tape the place. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rashore said:

They did that. And also have allowed other folks to come in and tape the place. 

And did they capture anything  worth while watching as far as you know ?

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 5:42 PM, moonman said:

Oh, so they are charging for "ghost hunts" in the house. Color me surprised. Total money grubbing scheme if I ever saw one.

;)

1 hour ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Ill toss in my 2 cents, have we seen any major news sources released that hauntings and ghost stories have been proven fact? no, we havent.

Has there been any science type reports published for peer review suggesting that the alleged experences at the conjuring house are real proven and proof of hauntings and spookies? No, there isnt.

Yes, im a cynical skeptic but not blind or closed minded for some reason your reply made me recall a "story" from joe nickell, i will paraphrase but please do fact check me,

He was appearing on a TV talk show with the warrens as the other side or camp, and pressed the warrens to present proof of any of their claims from any case the reaction was threats of physical harm to him from ed warren, not a shock.

I fully understand if folks who are believers go into a haunted location looking for ghosts its very likely they will claim to have found them proof to back up claims is a different matter entirely.

I looked up an older thread that might be interesting since it is the warrens who placed the spotlight on this conjuring house.

And

https://www.ranker.com/list/ed-lorraine-warren-controversies/christopher-shultz

Busted as frauds.

And this next one is a very good investagation into the case and shows a very incredible amount of ahem, "embellishments" which doesnt help credibilty.

In the end, the Harrisville farmhouse simply doesn’t have the tragic and gruesome history we’ve been led to believe. When legitimate research is done by competent people, we find that the tragedies used to justify the hauntings of the farmhouse have been snatched away from other families of the area.

https://skepticalinquirer.org/exclusive/correcting-the-conjuring-house-history/

Im not saying the new owners are not believers and do not really believe they have had paranormal experiences what im saying is i havent seen them present any evidence to suggest to me that they have and i do not use their alleged experences and claims as proof of hauntings or ghosts.

6 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

I know there is stuff that has been put up that the folks that put it up seem to think it worth looking at, but that's for you to decide for yourself if it's worth watching. What folks find worth watching or not around here is always a guess at best. I'm not going to play the game of guessing which spoonfeeding is going to appeal or be worthy or not, folks can decide that for themselves. But there is a goodly dozen or so bits they feel are worthy and are up on their website, so you might want to try those and see what you think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Start from the beginning. Sorry for those who believe the Conjuring house is really haunted. 

Edited by Amaryllis
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rashore said:

I know there is stuff that has been put up that the folks that put it up seem to think it worth looking at, but that's for you to decide for yourself if it's worth watching. What folks find worth watching or not around here is always a guess at best. I'm not going to play the game of guessing which spoonfeeding is going to appeal or be worthy or not, folks can decide that for themselves. But there is a goodly dozen or so bits they feel are worthy and are up on their website, so you might want to try those and see what you think.

Thanks. I will have a look shortly.

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

;)

Ill toss in my 2 cents, have we seen any major news sources released that hauntings and ghost stories have been proven fact? no, we havent.

Has there been any science type reports published for peer review suggesting that the alleged experences at the conjuring house are real proven and proof of hauntings and spookies? No, there isnt.

Yes, im a cynical skeptic but not blind or closed minded for some reason your reply made me recall a "story" from joe nickell, i will paraphrase but please do fact check me,

He was appearing on a TV talk show with the warrens as the other side or camp, and pressed the warrens to present proof of any of their claims from any case the reaction was threats of physical harm to him from ed warren, not a shock.

I fully understand if folks who are believers go into a haunted location looking for ghosts its very likely they will claim to have found them proof to back up claims is a different matter entirely.

I looked up an older thread that might be interesting since it is the warrens who placed the spotlight on this conjuring house.

And

https://www.ranker.com/list/ed-lorraine-warren-controversies/christopher-shultz

Busted as frauds.

And this next one is a very good investagation into the case and shows a very incredible amount of ahem, "embellishments" which doesnt help credibilty.

Im not saying the new owners are not believers and do not really believe they have had paranormal experiences what im saying is i havent seen them present any evidence to suggest to me that they have and i do not use their alleged experences and claims as proof of hauntings or ghosts.

Agreed Bats. I have done a lot of reading and watching in the past about the Warrens and I think they were "entertainers". Making up stuff to gain popularity and fame.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Agreed Bats. I have done a lot of reading and watching in the past about the Warrens and I think they were "entertainers". Making up stuff to gain popularity and fame.

Dont forget the warrens earned a great living off selling ghost stories with zero proof.

After i heard joe nickells story about ed warren being a threatening bully i took a better look at the warrens,

Of course this is nothing more than my opinion and perception but ed looked like an overbearing bully and the wife looked oppressed,  and if you read around there is a lot of smoke to back up that impression.

As far as people like them or the owners of a house or object claimed to be haunted you can call me a snide cynical skeptic and you are right but when they post their versions of what they consider evidence or proof of their claims it always falls short to anyone except the true believer, not meant to insult anyone just personal opinion from observation.

For example youtube is full of clickbait fluffy claptrap with countless videos stating in their headers something to the effect of "proof of ghosts/haunting" and they all fall short, sure i have seen videos that i cant explain but "i dont know" doesnt equal a definitive conclusion like i dont know so it must be a ghost, yet for some that is a go to.

The simple fact is as much as i do enjoy the forum breaking news of proof of hantings or ghosts i mean real unquestionable proof isnt going to happen here first it will be on major news outlets as it will change the world forever.

My draw here is doing what we are doing tossing our opinions out there some will be liked some not so much but in that we still believer or skeptic have that camaraderie.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 11:29 AM, HollyDolly said:

the show Kindred Spirits have been there, as well as Ghost Adventures. It might  very well be the house is indeed haunted. But things could have been blown all out of preportion  in regards to the haunting. And why buy the place if it's so awful anyways? It's not like if i by some weird chance inherited a family home in Hungary or Germany my relatives have lived in for 300 or so years, and the whole town knew it was haunted. Would I take the house, maybe if i got a lot of money along with the place. And beside, i'd have it blessed and a mass held to pray for the souls of my dearly departement family members.

I struggle taking anything that Zach Baggans is part of seriously.  The guy challenges ghosts to fight. 

On 6/8/2021 at 3:05 PM, OrdinaryClay said:

Claiming all truth is derived from the empirical method is demonstrably invalid.

Do you believe Napoleon Bonaparte existed? Why? Based on what evidence?

I mean, we know for fact that Napoleon's body is entombed at Les Invalides.    That is verifiable.   You're attempt at any sort of comparison is just.... well.... bad. 

Well seeing as I’ve been living in the house for the past two years, I think I do have a better understanding about the happenings inside the house than any of you keyboard investigators do. To say you don’t believe in the paranormal is kinda foolish to say, because whatever is not considered to be “normal” is then considered to be “paranormal” or “unexplained”. So I’m sure your aware of the UFOs are real thing going on correct? I’m sure someone will try and argue their not, but facts are facts. Anyways ghost hunting isn’t a science, it’s all theory. I don’t expect people to believe me just because I say something. Obviously it’s personal belief and opinions. All I ask is be open minded and respectful of people’s opinions. I know what I’ve seen here and even though it’s nothing like the movie, doesn’t mean nothing is here. The people that researched here saying there were no murders or suicides were correct, we found nothing as well. We did find a young boy died in the basement from drinking horse lineament and two others died from exposure (they were drunk and passed out outside, one in the barn and the other down the woods trail) However what those researchers failed to recognize was the bloodshed in this area from the King Phillips War. We think a lot of what is going on here is caused by the land being stigmatized, just like what they see in Gettysburg. Since we’ve moved in some of our neighbors have reached out to us asking for advice on things happening in their homes. As far as the previous owner, I can’t speak for her, because  I wasn’t there. However this home was on Season 2 of Ghost Hunters for some reason?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
On 6/3/2021 at 5:22 AM, TashaMarie said:

I'm more inclined to believe the previous owner Norma Sutcliffe who said the house was not haunted.

But she did say it was haunted and that she was glad she now had proof  to share for years to come from TAPS - Ghost Hunters (season 2 episode 7). 

Edited by witchy1

On 11/16/2021 at 4:59 AM, witchy1 said:

But she did say it was haunted and that she was glad she now had proof  to share for years to come from TAPS - Ghost Hunters (season 2 episode 7). 

It’s important to note that Norma Sutcliffe, who owned the house from 1987 until she sold it to the Heinzens in 2019, never claimed to have experienced any ghostly issues with the house. In an email conversation, Sutcliffe said, “I never said I believed in ghosts but did remark on some sounds, which of course could be explained by natural causes” (Sutcliffe 2019). Although the house did appear on an episode of the television series Ghost Hunters (S2, E7), at no point in the episode did Sutcliffe claim to have seen ghosts or been attacked by demonic entities, as claimed by the Perrons. In fact, all Sutcliffe (and her late husband) claimed to have experienced (on the show) were slight vibrations of a door, a chair, and a bed. This was after living in the house for eighteen years and is hardly the level of activity reported previously. At the end of the episode, the ghost hunters walked away with an unimpressive video of a closet door opening and closing, easily attributable to differences in air pressure or even an accomplice behind the door. That’s it for “evidence.”

• Like 1