Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
robin37

Giza pyramids

193 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

robin37

A description of the architecture of Giza, geometrical analysis of the built structures, and discussion of recent astronomical findings -

https://the-horizon-of-khufu.com/

- the mystery of Giza only deepens.

Robin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore
1 hour ago, robin37 said:

A description of the architecture of Giza, geometrical analysis of the built structures, and discussion of recent astronomical findings -

https://the-horizon-of-khufu.com/

- the mystery of Giza only deepens.

Robin

Welcome to UM robin :st 

Thanks for sharing your website, do you have further things to discuss here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
1 hour ago, robin37 said:

A description of the architecture of Giza, geometrical analysis of the built structures, and discussion of recent astronomical findings -

https://the-horizon-of-khufu.com/

- the mystery of Giza only deepens.

Robin

Hello Robin and welcome to the forum, I also think the subject is interesting. 

I am going to include some Scientific papers you may be interested in:,

The Stellar Horizon of Khufu: http://www.archive.gr/publications/archeoastronomy/Maravelia_Pyramids.pdf

Akhet Khufu: Archaeo-astronomical Hints at a Common Project of the Two Main Pyramids of Giza, Egypt: https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s00004-008-0080-3.pdf

Khufu, Khafre and Menkaure Pyramids and the Sun https://arxiv.org/pdf/1604.05963.pdf

Specular Reflection from the Great Pyramid at Giza:.https://arxiv.org/pdf/2104.02642.pdf

The Giza “written” landscape and the double project of King Khufu:https://arxiv.org/pdf/1401.0508.pdf

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MDagger
5 hours ago, robin37 said:

A description of the architecture of Giza, geometrical analysis of the built structures, and discussion of recent astronomical findings -

https://the-horizon-of-khufu.com/

- the mystery of Giza only deepens.

Robin

Hi Robin,

In a nutshell, what's the mystery?

MDagger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Abramelin
15 minutes ago, MDagger said:

Hi Robin,

In a nutshell, what's the mystery?

MDagger

Maybe this:

  "If the data so produced is converted into Egyptian units of measure (the cubit) a geometric layout is revealed. This layout implies that the entire Giza project was conceived at the very beginning of building.

The evidence to support this heretic conclusion is presented in a sequence of geometric diagrams which constitute the core of this web site. The findings are the work of a number of authors including some from the present writer."

Or else the mystery is why yet another thread about Ancient Egypt. I think there are some AE specialists here on UM who won't detect a mystery at all.

But lets wait till Robin returns.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MDagger
6 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Maybe this:

  "If the data so produced is converted into Egyptian units of measure (the cubit) a geometric layout is revealed. This layout implies that the entire Giza project was conceived at the very beginning of building.

The evidence to support this heretic conclusion is presented in a sequence of geometric diagrams which constitute the core of this web site. The findings are the work of a number of authors including some from the present writer."

Or else the mystery is why yet another thread about Ancient Egypt. I think there are some AE specialists here on UM who won't detect a mystery at all.

But lets wait till Robin returns.

Hi Abramelin,

Thanks for the nutshell.

The mystery to me is why is there another thread about a mystery re: Giza pyramids.  I do enjoy threads about AE, even the pyramids (did I mention I like reading Keith Hamilton's layman's guides?) but not necessarily about mysteries where none exist.

Yes let's wait for Robin's return but it will not be a mystery if one doesn't.

MDagger

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Abramelin
14 minutes ago, MDagger said:

< chop >

Yes let's wait for Robin's return but it will not be a mystery if one doesn't.

MDagger

That is what I am afraid of too.

Btw., I have nothing against new info about AE, but most often it is yet another re-interpretation of known facts to suite a preferred fantasy.

Let's hope I am wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
robin37

Hi MDaggar,

Both you and Abramelin are quite explicit that no mystery exists in the Giza pyramids.  But you must be aware that the majority of Egyptologists believe that each king planned his own pyramid whereas I have tried to show that the site was designed as a whole, displaying very curious (may I say mysterious) relations involving roots. You may prefer to consider this as coincidence of course.

But what do you define as 'mystery'? What happened before the big bang? The arguments by some that physical constants and biology seem 'designed'? Or myths of lost civilisations and UFOs? Where are you coming from? (For my part I took the clue early and started buying up ray guns and AA batteries ;-)

Robin

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore
6 minutes ago, robin37 said:

Hi MDaggar,

Both you and Abramelin are quite explicit that no mystery exists in the Giza pyramids.  But you must be aware that the majority of Egyptologists believe that each king planned his own pyramid whereas I have tried to show that the site was designed as a whole, displaying very curious (may I say mysterious) relations involving roots. You may prefer to consider this as coincidence of course.

But what do you define as 'mystery'? What happened before the big bang? The arguments by some that physical constants and biology seem 'designed'? Or myths of lost civilisations and UFOs? Where are you coming from? (For my part I took the clue early and started buying up ray guns and AA batteries ;-)

Robin

 

So what got you thinking this theory to begin with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MDagger
2 hours ago, robin37 said:

Hi MDaggar,

Both you and Abramelin are quite explicit that no mystery exists in the Giza pyramids.  But you must be aware that the majority of Egyptologists believe that each king planned his own pyramid whereas I have tried to show that the site was designed as a whole, displaying very curious (may I say mysterious) relations involving roots. You may prefer to consider this as coincidence of course.

But what do you define as 'mystery'? What happened before the big bang? The arguments by some that physical constants and biology seem 'designed'? Or myths of lost civilisations and UFOs? Where are you coming from? (For my part I took the clue early and started buying up ray guns and AA batteries ;-)

Robin

 

Robin,

Glad to see you came back and did not just post and run.

I did not say there are no mysteries surrounding the pyramids or on the Giza plateau.  I believe each pharaoh planned their own pyramid placement maybe the later ones planning some type of alignment with previous ones but also with consideration of the topography  and available space.

Disregarding the bolded rambling, examples of what is mysterious to me at Giza is why is there a vertical gash on Menkaure's pyramid?  Why are 2 out the 3 minor pyramids beside Menkaure step pyramids?  What were the shafts for in Khufu's pyramids?

MDagger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats

Why wouldn’t the layout of the complex be planned from the start and the design/build of the Individual pyramids be at the behest snd leadership of certain specific Pharoah? It makes sense, to take advantage of the landscape and (more importantly) other people’s hard work to create a better functioning afterlife generator (which in effect the Giza complex was). My street was planned and mostly built 30 odd years ago, but a house is being build this week on that street that follows that plan (ish, it’s a two story job and all others are one story, same design ethos though).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
robin37

The gash in the north face of Menkaure's pyramid was created by vandals searching for the pyramid's passages and chambers.

The two step pyramids are further evidence of the hasty completion and abandonment of Menkaure's complex. They also offer potential clues to how the pyramids might have been built.

The meaning of the small shafts leading up from Khufu's chambers remains unknown. The controversy is discussed here -

https://the-horizon-of-khufu.com/astronomy/the-khufu-shafts/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nobu

Maybe I’m out of my depth here(likely) but I’ve always thought these shafts were created for air flow. I’ve done woodwork most of my life. If I wanted an embalmed cadaver to survive time in an arid but at times humid area I would add air vents. I really don’t think Egyptians engineered these shafts to point at stars. Jimo

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
robin37

Hi Nobu,

I like woodwork - I made a few classical guitars as a hobby and have some understanding of humidity problems. But Khufu is the only pyramid we know of which has such shafts. Some would plead that Khufu was an exception because the major chambers are located higher up in the pyramid. But what if we put such speculation to one side and see if their altitudes mean something. Does their geometry relate to that of the pyramid? Do they point to the culminations of important stellar gods?

These questions cannot yet be definitively answered until -

1. Who is right, Petrie or Gantenbrink?

2. We get the Djedi survey results (been waiting over 10 years for this).

3. And, from an astronomical point of view, ongoing radiocarbon test results do not conflict with conventional dates.

In general I look at Giza as a puzzle to be solved. The 'language' of Giza is geometrical, involving roots configured in rather subtle ways. Anyway you will decide whether the geometry is real or just a coincidence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
15 hours ago, Nobu said:

Maybe I’m out of my depth here(likely) but I’ve always thought these shafts were created for air flow. I’ve done woodwork most of my life. If I wanted an embalmed cadaver to survive time in an arid but at times humid area I would add air vents. I really don’t think Egyptians engineered these shafts to point at stars. Jimo

Since the shafts were likely closed at both ends (definitely were closed in the chambers) and also blocked far down the shaft, airflow is unlikely.

I like this explanation better.

http://www.gizapyramids.org/pdf_library/sakovich_jarce_42_2005-6.pdf

Harte

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nobu
4 hours ago, Harte said:

Since the shafts were likely closed at both ends (definitely were closed in the chambers) and also blocked far down the shaft, airflow is unlikely.

I like this explanation better.

http://www.gizapyramids.org/pdf_library/sakovich_jarce_42_2005-6.pdf

Harte

It’s not possible they were closed later in a really wet year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nobu
5 hours ago, robin37 said:

Hi Nobu,

I like woodwork - I made a few classical guitars as a hobby and have some understanding of humidity problems. But Khufu is the only pyramid we know of which has such shafts. Some would plead that Khufu was an exception because the major chambers are located higher up in the pyramid. But what if we put such speculation to one side and see if their altitudes mean something. Does their geometry relate to that of the pyramid? Do they point to the culminations of important stellar gods?

These questions cannot yet be definitively answered until -

1. Who is right, Petrie or Gantenbrink?

2. We get the Djedi survey results (been waiting over 10 years for this).

3. And, from an astronomical point of view, ongoing radiocarbon test results do not conflict with conventional dates.

In general I look at Giza as a puzzle to be solved. The 'language' of Giza is geometrical, involving roots configured in rather subtle ways. Anyway you will decide whether the geometry is real or just a coincidence.

Fair. Great reply and thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSot
1 hour ago, Nobu said:

It’s not possible they were closed later in a really wet year?

Would have been hard to do so after the pyramid was sealed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
closed for business

For anyone that actually worked on the pyramids they were not vents but relieving chambers for the Ka of the Grain which was used to power the block levitating system. Taking a crap was another matter as it has usable properties like viscosity if it hasn't sat in the sun to long and was used to maneuver  blocks into place. The was that diarrhea out break and yes some Egyptians ended up being block filler for runaway blocks due to too much viscosity.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
8 hours ago, Nobu said:

It’s not possible they were closed later in a really wet year?

Ahem.

They are blocked over 200 feet from the opening to the chambers:

1813200578_GreatPyramidqueennorthernshaftblocked.jpg.9f7d3e4c90ec25b9630398fd63dd28f5.jpg

Harte

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
On 6/3/2021 at 1:12 PM, Abramelin said:

That is what I am afraid of too.

Btw., I have nothing against new info about AE, but most often it is yet another re-interpretation of known facts to suite a preferred fantasy.

Let's hope I am wrong.

you're wrong!!

lol, just kidding

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps

We do have the first AE thread in a while, which is nice to see. 
Anybody wish to make an opinion on *why* the pyramids were built? I think it is controversial. I do not believe they were tombs for the kings and queens. My opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
37 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

We do have the first AE thread in a while, which is nice to see. 
Anybody wish to make an opinion on *why* the pyramids were built? I think it is controversial. I do not believe they were tombs for the kings and queens. My opinion.

They were, IMO, afterlife generators. My (very ley) understanding of Egyptian theology is that your Afterlife depends on who remembers you in this life, even if that memory is a vague echo of a memory of their deeds. So anyone who built a pyramid? Gets remembered and gets a better Afterlife. The Pharaoh? Obviously deserves a good afterlife, and they get to build a good one that includes all their subjects. EVERYONE WINS! Yay!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.