Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giza pyramids

robin37

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

You left out:

7. piezo electric generator for a 386 PC with an Encarta CD

Silly me ...

Although wouldn't that be a sub-section of "power plant" ... ?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, robin37 said:

As a final plea could we please avoid discussing building hypotheses in this thread? However interesting such discussions they tend to divert threads, and this discussion is essentially about the geometry of Giza.

Sorry - but I was answering Aarvai's question.

Hunh. 

I believe the general consensus is you’re trying to generate hits for your website and you got appropriate treatment. 

That said, many of us forget “serious feedback” usually translates to “telling me how smart I am,” so please forgive us for gauchely failing to do so! Harte, I’m sure, will be jumping the gun to do so. 

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Hunh. 

I believe the general consensus is you’re trying to generate hits for your website and you got appropriate treatment. 

That said, many of us forget “serious feedback” usually translates to “telling me how smart I am,” so please forgive us for gauchely failing to do so! Harte, I’m sure, will be jumping the gun to do so. 

—Jaylemurph 

I checked the schedule and yes Harte is up today and tomorrow to do the soothing of passed over posters.

well, jaylemurph 'forum divinity', and hanslune 'personal friend of rupert the atlantean', your pathetic nicknames reinforce the impression that your contributions are infantile. i did not intend simply to 'promote' my own website -  i introduced it so that members can read it, and then offer comments on the core content of my site, which is the geometry of the pyramids. i have not made many posts and i don't think i've been 'pushing' my website. my last post containing attachments was written out of desperation, in the hope that someone would address the geometry. is not the evidenced discovery of Pi and Phi in Khufu of no interest to you? apparently not. if i am to be banned from this forum for the crime of 'promotion', i'll console myself with Groucho's remark - "i would never join a club that would have me as a member'. (but perhaps you have no sense of humour?).  i doubt you'll have anything useful to say about the last attachment so i'll leave you to your forum gossip and say adieu.

robin

8.7  sym arcs.jpg

OK folks, knock it off with the derogatory commentary about each other please. This discussion can be had in a courteous and constructive manner. 

1 hour ago, robin37 said:

well, jaylemurph 'forum divinity', and hanslune 'personal friend of rupert the atlantean', your pathetic nicknames reinforce the impression that your contributions are infantile. i did not intend simply to 'promote' my own website -  i introduced it so that members can read it, and then offer comments on the core content of my site, which is the geometry of the pyramids. i have not made many posts and i don't think i've been 'pushing' my website. my last post containing attachments was written out of desperation, in the hope that someone would address the geometry. is not the evidenced discovery of Pi and Phi in Khufu of no interest to you? apparently not. if i am to be banned from this forum for the crime of 'promotion', i'll console myself with Groucho's remark - "i would never join a club that would have me as a member'. (but perhaps you have no sense of humour?).  i doubt you'll have anything useful to say about the last attachment so i'll leave you to your forum gossip and say adieu.

robin

8.7  sym arcs.jpg

That picture definitely looks like polygons and sectors.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

That picture definitely looks like polygons and sectors.

Which can be found in any type of situation where you have points or lines on the ground. If you go to Giza you can see that the ancient's put the pyramids along the military crest of a ridge line.

VMS4Tnl.jpg

Why? If they put it at the top it would have been a far greater challenge as they would have had to level the ridge moreso than they did with Khafre's

I also wonder why theorists concentrate on the great pyramids instead of the ones in Saqqara which 'are dots on the ground' too. If they would look they would find (as they would with any collections of dots) all kinds of interesting geometric/alignments, measurements and etc.

Saqqara_Map.gif

saqqara1-2-3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

9 hours ago, robin37 said:

I had hoped to receive serious feedback about my site but the conversation has degenerated, often into trivial observations and assertions that have been doing the rounds on new age forums for years - go back to the beginning of this thread and read through the comments to see for yourselves how it must appear to a passing stranger.

The central argument of the hypothesis has been ignored - that Giza architecture appears to have been designed geometrically. Doesn't anybody have anything to say about Legon's findings, especially what he has to say about passage junctions in Khufu? And what of Butler's chamber/site plan correlation - is this to be dismissed as coincidence? Furthermore there has been no reaction to my paper https://independent.academia.edu/robincook  (the information is also available on my site) in which new discoveries are described - namely the reason why the descending passage is laid out the way it is, that Pi was consciously acknowledged.  And Jim Alison's evidence that Phi was consciously used at Khufu - does this not merit adult discussion? Why do you think the builders were so interested in Phi?

I have the impression that contributors to this forum are not really serious about the subject, or regurgitate things they've read here and there, or offer highly important 'opinions'. One contributor even welcomed another thread on Giza because there hasn't been one for some time! Where is there a 'worthy opponent' (as Castaneda's Don Juan  framed the concept) when you need one?

Anyway I enclose 3 illustrations of the geometry of Khufu based upon Petrie's survey. Can they be falsified, ie. do you think Petrie made mistakes? If not, do they not say something new about Khufu?

As a final plea could we please avoid discussing building hypotheses in this thread? However interesting such discussions they tend to divert threads, and this discussion is essentially about the geometry of Giza.

1-descending.jpg

5-DP-origin-768x611.jpg

2.25  khufu legon passage junctions.jpg

Those diagrams are missing a unit of measurement.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, aarvai said:

What do you think the purpose of the pyramids was if not tombs?

They were, IMO, afterlife generators. My (very ley) understanding of Egyptian theology is that your Afterlife depends on who remembers you in this life, even if that memory is a vague echo of a memory of their deeds. So anyone who built a pyramid? Gets remembered and gets a better Afterlife. The Pharaoh? Obviously deserves a good afterlife, and they get to build a good one that includes all their subjects. EVERYONE WINS! Yay!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Those diagrams are missing a unit of measurement.

They are obviously measured in quartered dungs. Full dungs are just a third larger than quarters but twelve times the volume in Gizan Ra liters.

• Like 1

The Giza pyramids are not powers plants, just the tombs of the dead pharaohs :)

I support Hawass  and his discoveries :)and the Egyptologists led by John Anthony Westwas are all wrong and the  Edgar Cayce `s .

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-rise-and-fall-and-rise-of-zahi-hawass-72874123/

https://universe-inside-you.com/pyramids-underground-halls-beneath-them/

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

Akhenaten was born as Amenhotep IV (in Greek Amenophis IV) in the 7th or 8th year of his father's reign (ca. 1379 BCE). He was the second son to Amenhotep III (ruled ca. 1386 to 1350 BCE) and his primary wife Tiy. Little is known about his life as a crown prince?

• Like 1

Plague hit Egypt during Akhenaten's approximately 17-year reign (1353 to 1335 B.C.). Even three of Akhenaten's daughters died during that time, possibly from the plague

the plagues from the  Moses in the bible.:)

12 hours ago, robin37 said:

robin

8.7  sym arcs.jpg

What’s the website. I’ll read it. Found it. Not sure how I missed it in the op.

Edited by Nobu

12 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Which can be found in any type of situation where you have points or lines on the ground. If you go to Giza you can see that the ancient's put the pyramids along the military crest of a ridge line.

VMS4Tnl.jpg

Why? If they put it at the top it would have been a far greater challenge as they would have had to level the ridge moreso than they did with Khafre's

The positioning appears to be different from that in post #105.

13 hours ago, Hanslune said:

VMS4Tnl.jpg

This is also the perfect place to maintain a sight line between a pyramid and Heliopolis, as Stephen Quirke points out in his book The Cult of Ra

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, robin37 said:

8.7  sym arcs.jpg

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Duck,

I went on Google Maps and took a look. Indeed, the ridgelines of G1 and G2 don't line up. I'll have to get an image onto a computer to figure out how far off it is. Eyeball says it may be as little as 5 meters, but that they don't line up exactly is visually quite clear.

G3 completely doesn't line up with the lines off G1, or G2. Offhand I'd say the line from G2 would pass at least 50 meter away from the north west corner of G3.

Screenshot_20210610-013718_Maps_resize_32.jpg.4704b494b256abe9aa115a880c2f1bba.jpg

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, robin37 said:

1-descending.jpg

5-DP-origin-768x611.jpg

2.25  khufu legon passage junctions.jpg

From what I have read, the interior and exterior, dimensions you've shown are correct. 

Appears your units are Egyptian cubits, since Wikipedia says the GP (GP1) was 280 cubits tall when it had its pointed top.

But 201.1, 78.9, 131.4, and 73.6... ?? So what... Is there a hidden meaning? Just looks like random numbers to me.

Probably at your site, right?

Edited by DieChecker

On 6/3/2021 at 3:16 AM, robin37 said:

A description of the architecture of Giza, geometrical analysis of the built structures, and discussion of recent astronomical findings -

https://the-horizon-of-khufu.com/

- the mystery of Giza only deepens.

Robin

First, the site is well laid out, and easy to use. I like the color scheme. I like all the referencing you've done. 

However, I feel that there are only two, or three, things your site proves.

1. The Egyptians knew Pi and used it in planning of the GP1, specifically in the outer dimensions.

2. The Egyptians could measure to a very high degree. They could find the pyramid center pretty close.

3. The Egyptians, possibly, included their knowledge of pi into the passageways, and chambers. But, I see enough things in the pyramid design to wonder if they were so tight on special numbers, then why offset so many other chambers/passages? Its almost like they had an aesthetic that appreciated pi and used it unthinkingly, other then that they liked the result, while still being functional for construction purposes.

Just my opinions.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

First, the site is well laid out, and easy to use. I like the color scheme. I like all the referencing you've done. 

However, I feel that there are only two, or three, things your site proves.

1. The Egyptians knew Pi and used it in planning of the GP1, specifically in the outer dimensions.

2. The Egyptians could measure to a very high degree. They could find the pyramid center pretty close.

3. The Egyptians, possibly, included their knowledge of pi into the passageways, and chambers. But, I see enough things in the pyramid design to wonder if they were so tight on special numbers, then why offset so many other chambers/passages? Its almost like they had an aesthetic that appreciated pi and used it unthinkingly, other then that they liked the result, while still being functional for construction purposes.

Just my opinions.

According to the Rhynd Papyrus pi is approximately 256/81.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

How is that?  One is an actual map the other a diagram made to support a certain contention. I'd go with the map.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, robin37 said:

8.7  sym arcs.jpg

In neither diagram is the diagonal line made from one continuous line. If you were to snap an actually straight line you would not be even close. Do you mention this on your website? 

• Like 3