Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giza pyramids

robin37

On 6/8/2021 at 2:03 PM, Harte said:

It's just ignorant to state that "the experts" don't have a theory on what happened to the mummies, given the written testimony from Ancient Egyptian sources that clearly show there was tomb robbing occurring, albeit from a later era.

It's like my graveyard pic. Here's a grave. There's another grave. These are all obviously graves.

But the hole? Why, that's altogether different!

The experts have no idea what that hole is for.

Harte

I'll take that is a logical argument when you really have no evidence that a body exist, just speculation. cool

19 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I'll take that is a logical argument when you really have no evidence that a body exist, just speculation. cool

A grave is not a body.

Harte

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nobu said:

I fear you guys have run off another one….…

….

For once it wasn’t (unless I missed it) the usual shower of Ruperts and Basset Hounds (at least not at first), but rather an application of intellectual rigour (and the summonation of CK) that did for this thread. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harte said:

A grave is not a body.

Harte

Neither is an empty coffer. Jeeez, Harte, don't tell me we are being congruent and all ;)

"Coffer," eh? LOL

You mean sarcophagus, which IS a grave. Or a cenotaph.

If it was a cenotaph, the accoutrements with it don't make much sense. The funerary temple, the so-called "air shafts," the plugs that sealed it, the Grand Gallery, etc.

Harte

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Sorry, it's called inductive reasoning. Look it up. It's not exactly "speculation."

If you don't believe in it, then tell us this - what do you do every day to ensure that the Sun rises tomorrow?

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Harte said:

Sorry, it's called inductive reasoning. Look it up. It's not exactly "speculation."

If you don't believe in it, then tell us this - what do you do every day to ensure that the Sun rises tomorrow?

Harte

Well I sacrifice two chickens, a dented can of cream corn and any left over neighborhood children to the sun god - works every time.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Harte said:

Harte

/I/, in the manner of all good, right-thinking people, trust Them to trigger whatever metaphysical mechanics work the sun. 

Although after Sir W’s crypto-heretical remark above, we all best offer up penitential ham sacrifices lest we be left in perpetual darkness…

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Nobu said:

I fear you guys have run off another one….…

….

Does it get lonely, up there in the alleged moral high ground? 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Does it get lonely, up there in the alleged moral high ground? 

—Jaylemurph 

At times…. But the I take the  consolation prize in judging all of you.

and seriously…. Congrats on running off another one.

I mean this person wasn’t even an Atlantis person and got racked. He just had an idea that the pyramids were planned out. You guys did good. Don’t want those sort of people around here. Thumbs up.

Edited by Nobu

On 6/5/2021 at 5:50 PM, jaylemurph said:

I understand the highest accolade an early Egyptian could earn was the title of a “a /very/ good boy.”

At the ceremony where the award was bestowed, the priests would cry out to the audience in ritual supplication, “Who is a good boy?” The recipient would then ask, “Is it I? Am I a good boy?” And the priest would answer, “Thou art, o man, a good boy. A /very/ good boy.” And the people would rejoice and share a communal meal of ham.

That said, the ritual of the very good boi was markedly different. 

—Jaylemurph 

I mean was this post necessary? Good for chuckles with your brethren I guess. I’d rather keep new members. Regardless of their “heretical pyramid” ideas.

yes it’s tough 

22 minutes ago, Nobu said:

I mean was this post necessary? Good for chuckles with your brethren I guess. I’d rather keep new members. Regardless of their “heretical pyramid” ideas.

Heaven forfend someone share a joke that everyone can laugh at. And it is clearly a joke. 

19 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Heaven forfend someone share a joke that everyone can laugh at. And it is clearly a joke. 

Bah. You guys are upset because someone calls you out. I’ve lurked here for years. There is a systematic scrubbing of users you don’t like or agree with. It is what it is.:.. just pointing it out. 

I mean if you really want an embarrassing example I’ll post and necro on threads with replies the 1000 times you have done it in a year. 

my great grandfather once told me… being kind is ok and right.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Nobu said:

yes it’s tough 

Dude, that post was a masterpiece.

And there isn't anything in this section BUT good chuckles with our brethren.

Your looking at two decades of showing claims false when you look at just me. I even started doing it in limericks - just so it wouldn't be so easy.

There's nothing here we haven't been through down to the finest detail scores of times over the years. Reminds me of a joke.

A new convict came into the prison. In the cafeteria, he heard a man yell out "23." Everyone rolled laughing. Another guy stood up and with a knowing look yelled "57," then winked and nodded. The convicts screamed laughter.

The new guy asked the con next to him what gives with these numbers. His neighbor said everyone knows all the jokes by heart, so we just indexed them and now we just call their numbers.

New guy thinks he'll try it so he stands up and yells "42!"

Not a peep. Could've heard a pin drop.

New guy sits back down embarrassed and asked his neighbor why no laughter.

He said "Well, son, I guess some folks can tell 'em and some folks caint."

Harte

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Nobu said:

Bah. You guys are upset because someone calls you out. I’ve lurked here for years. There is a systematic scrubbing of users you don’t like or agree with. It is what it is.:.. just pointing it out. 

I mean if you really want an embarrassing example I’ll post and necro on threads with replies the 1000 times you have done it in a year. 

my great grandfather once told me… being kind is ok and right.

Ohh jog on. 
Someone makes a stupid “ongoing gag” and suddenly we’re a clique that excludes new voices. 

19 minutes ago, Nobu said:

I don’t think you people actually go back and read the crap you post. I’ll jog on.

PLEASE! I don’t read it when I post it in the first place. As if I’d reread any of thr drivel I spout. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

PLEASE! I don’t read it when I post it in the first place. As if I’d reread any of thr drivel I spout. 

I only read every second word in Harte's postings and Sir wearers  I read yours backwards. Cormac is special I have my computer read them in a high squeaky voice and I always put Kenemet's posts to music, usually Tijuana Brass.

Windowpane I usually read while listening to somber Psalms in Latin.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Haha 5

I agree with Nobu that there is a lot of crap posted here. Some people come here and are interested in sharing and learning new things, but there are also some frequent posters who seem to have nothing better to do than make silly comments and poke fun at others. Reminds me of clique's in high school where the "cool" kids make fun of the geeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, aarvai said:

I agree with Nobu that there is a lot of crap posted here. Some people come here and are interested in sharing and learning new things, but there are also some frequent posters who seem to have nothing better to do than make silly comments and poke fun at others. Reminds me of clique's in high school where the "cool" kids make fun of the geeks.

I find that most folks here have, for good or ill, a very quickly applied rubric about posts made by others. If it has an air of “ancient aliens” or “all historians are liars” about it, then Rupert and the Basset Hounds turn up. If not, it’s serious faces and genuine questions. 
Look at the Younger Dryas thread, or the Sumerian thread. But if someone decides to bring Plato’s invention into a discussion as anything other than an analogy? Respect exunt stage left.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, aarvai said:

Reminds me of clique's in high school where the "cool" kids make fun of the geeks.

When I was young I was a gear head and laughed at guys like you.:lol::whistle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I find that most folks here have, for good or ill, a very quickly applied rubric about posts made by others. If it has an air of “ancient aliens” or “all historians are liars” about it, then Rupert and the Basset Hounds turn up. If not, it’s serious faces and genuine questions. 
Look at the Younger Dryas thread, or the Sumerian thread. But if someone decides to bring Plato’s invention into a discussion as anything other than an analogy? Respect exunt stage left.

Yeah I've been doing online archaeology/mysteries stuff since the late 80's on USENET. I have a fair appreciation of whether a thread will be 'useful', educational, an ego fest, woo parade,  tête dans le cul! or  Et mon cul, c’est du poulet?  whatever, sometimes I'm surprised but most often I am not. Since we aren't paid to post here, and haven't given an oath or agreed to anything with our sponsor Saru or the demi-god of forums a Hindu fellow called Sintor the twice severed. Then αυτή είναι η επιλογή μου.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Harte said:

Harte

I use inductive reasoning myself.

Since many constructions in - say, the Khufu P, are merely symbolic, never meant for human use, and...
since three coffers that were sealed in antiquity were empty, implying a form of symbolism, and...
since the coffers of the most famous Pharos were also found to be empty, 

I have educed that the coffers in the great pyramids were symbolic, not meant for human use. There.

We have our differences of opinion, but I admit my point of view is not proven.

16 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I have educed that the coffers in the great pyramids were symbolic, not meant for human use.

Then it would be on you to show why you came to that concussion.

Edit to add

Please do so

Edited by closed for business
not sure but did it anyway
  • Like 1