Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giza pyramids

robin37

7 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I use inductive reasoning myself.

Since many constructions in - say, the Khufu P, are merely symbolic, never meant for human use, and...
since three coffers that were sealed in antiquity were empty, implying a form of symbolism, and...
since the coffers of the most famous Pharos were also found to be empty, 

I have educed that the coffers in the great pyramids were symbolic, not meant for human use. There.

We have our differences of opinion, but I admit my point of view is not proven.

Which three sealed sarchophagi are you referring to? I'm aware the empty sarcophagus of Sekhemkhet was "sealed" behind a door that was plastered shut. Sekhemkhet only reigned 6 years and his pyramid was never completed. It's not very surprising he wasn't found in an incomplete pyramid.

What are your other two "sealed" sarcophagi?

As I already said regarding the hypothesis that these were just symbolic tombs (cenotaphs,) Khufu's in particular has several aspects that would tend to indicate the opposite.

Harte

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Well I sacrifice two chickens, a dented can of cream corn and any left over neighborhood children to the sun god - works every time.

So far....

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, Harte said:

As I already said regarding the hypothesis that these were just symbolic tombs (cenotaphs,) Khufu's in particular has several aspects that would tend to indicate the opposite.

The "air shafts" have nothing to do with whether an actual body was buried there and neither do the plugs as this assumes without a body there is nothing inside worth protecting which may just as easily have been merely the sanctity of the space. If resurrection machines, and the pharaoh symbolically linked, it no less important just because the physical body is buried elsewhere. And in the greater context, G1 does not exist in a vacuum which prior to G1 there is little if any indication the pyramids were not cenotaphs so if Khufu and G1 really were different we would ask ourselves why the change?    

15 hours ago, Nobu said:

Bah. You guys are upset because someone calls you out. I’ve lurked here for years. There is a systematic scrubbing of users you don’t like or agree with. It is what it is.:.. just pointing it out. 

I mean if you really want an embarrassing example I’ll post and necro on threads with replies the 1000 times you have done it in a year. 

my great grandfather once told me… being kind is ok and right.

They serve a distinct rhetorical purpose. 

If you can’t see that, and see only the admittedly highly amusing candy shell, that’s your problem. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

On 6/12/2021 at 5:59 AM, Nobu said:

I fear you guys have run off another one….…

They tried that with me once, heh. They failed.

But now I sort of belong to the furniture here.

You know, you have a bunch of regulars HOPING someone new brings up something to ponder, and then.. the same old same old... in a new coat.

And then, the 'treatment' a newby gets here is like giving them their first beer: it tastes bitter, right? But after a while they'll start appreciating the taste of it.

You'll adapt, I'm sure. We all did.

Now I have a question for you, @Nobu

Did you go to Peru and check that monastery/museum in Arequipa, like you sort of promised to do?

Why do I ask? Because I laid my balls on an anvil by posting I had seen a fossilized ancient skull in that museum.

So, in short: *you* are psd off by the treatment some newbies get here, but *I* am psd off when someone gives me empty promises.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Harte said:

Which three sealed sarchophagi are you referring to? I'm aware the empty sarcophagus of Sekhemkhet was "sealed" behind a door that was plastered shut. Sekhemkhet only reigned 6 years and his pyramid was never completed. It's not very surprising he wasn't found in an incomplete pyramid.

Harte

One of the other two is that from "the great pit" at Zawyet el-Aryan I mentioned earlier in this thread, an unfinished pyramid from the 4th dyn attributed to Sethka or Baka, a son of Djedefre. 

I suspect the third is the the sarcophagus of Hetepheres I, found in an intact shaft tomb at Giza (G7000x), but this was obviously not a pyramid. Reisner and Lehner have different theories as to why the sarcophagus was found empty. 

Short versions of these:

Reisner: body of the queen was destroyed by tomb robbers at it's original burial site at Dashur, this was discovered and the tomb content evacuated by Khufu to Giza, where the coffin was ritually sealed again.

Lehner: body of queen was stored in G7000x until her pyramid was finished (can't remember which of the three he proposes) and then transferred. The rest of the old burial equipment remained in the shaft tomb because she received new burial equipment for her pyramid. Personally I find this hard to believe since her canopic chest with internal organs remained in the shaft tomb. If they transferred to body they also should have transferred the internal organs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Abramelin said:

You know, you have a bunch of regulars HOPING someone new brings up something to ponder, and then.. the same old same old... in a new coat.

While we cannot demand new material we don't have to ACT like we enjoy dealing with the same issues. It also depends on the person. A person asking legitimate questions is fine but some one who hasn't done the research but has married their idea can be both boring and repetitive.

The fine fellow who was here a month or so ago about stars and paintings - that was just mentally painful.

Example: Cladking popped in recently to say the same things he has literally said hundreds if not thousands of times before. No one responded to him with any hope of receiving anything but the same canned responses and certainly no hope of any supporting evidence, research, logic or clear thinking. So he is essentially ignored. He was given years and years of 'chances' and blew them all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thanos5150 said:

So far....

...well I'm getting old and when I pop my clogs I'm taking the whole solar system with me!

4 hours ago, Djedi said:

One of the other two is that from "the great pit" at Zawyet el-Aryan I mentioned earlier in this thread, an unfinished pyramid from the 4th dyn attributed to Sethka or Baka, a son of Djedefre. 

I'm only aware of the sealed oval tub found there, and like everyone else on Earth I know very little more about it than that. Not enough to even consider it a sarcophagus, though obviously it was in some way important.

But even if it was a sarcophagus, here we have another unfinished pyramid (if it was to be a pyramid - no one really knows that either.) I don't think anyone of any importance would be interred in their unfinished pyramid. So not surprising and consequently not a counterexample to the hypothesis of pyramids being actual tombs.

Harte

• Like 1

15 hours ago, closed for business said:

Then it would be on you to show why you came to that concussion.

Edit to add

Please do so

I think it's kind of obvious, cfb. 

When those pyramids were sealed, the designer made it not to ever be reentered by humans. Isn't that a fair statement?
Everything can be seen as symbolic or ceremonial. Not 100% sure about the coffers, but it is a distinct possibility as per reasons I have already outlined.

Nothing fancy, dude

8 hours ago, Harte said:

Harte

Ok, Harte. I have some searching to do. 

I read this long ago, and you know how long links last. I thought this was assumed knowledge. I'll be back

16 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Ok, Harte. I have some searching to do. 

I read this long ago, and you know how long links last. I thought this was assumed knowledge. I'll be back

Hey, I think that’s awesome. All the time, people here make claims and when someone questions them about it, they throw down some line about “I won’t do your homework for you. Look it up yourself.” That always makes me think they know they’re wrong abd just can’t admit it or deal with it. 

I’d offer to help if I knew beans about Egypt.

—Jaylemurph 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Harte said:

I'm only aware of the sealed oval tub found there, and like everyone else on Earth I know very little more about it than that. Not enough to even consider it a sarcophagus, though obviously it was in some way important.

But even if it was a sarcophagus, here we have another unfinished pyramid (if it was to be a pyramid - no one really knows that either.) I don't think anyone of any importance would be interred in their unfinished pyramid. So not surprising and consequently not a counterexample to the hypothesis of pyramids being actual tombs.

Harte

It's oval shape is unusual, but otherwise it has all aspects of a sarcophagus. The 'sunk into the floor type' of sarcophagus first appears in the 4th dyn, and is frequently attested in private tombs at Abu Roash, much less at Giza.  Another royal (rectangular) example is the one in Khafre's pyramid.

In Djedefre's pyramid, which shows similar construction methods as "the great pit" of Zawyet el-Aryan, fragments of an oval shaped sarcophagus were found. Probably of the same type as in Zawyet el-Aryan. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 10:16 AM, Harte said:

Harte

Well, let's see what we have. You mentioned Sekhemkhet and you suggest the pyramid was never completed, others think it was destroyed. Anyway, I digress.

the Unfinished Northern Pyramid of Zawyet El Aryan, again, one author I found thinks it was destroyed. That's two. I will continue to look for the third. 

On 6/13/2021 at 7:11 PM, jaylemurph said:

Hey, I think that’s awesome. All the time, people here make claims and when someone questions them about it, they throw down some line about “I won’t do your homework for you. Look it up yourself.” That always makes me think they know they’re wrong abd just can’t admit it or deal with it. 

I’d offer to help if I knew beans about Egypt.

—Jaylemurph 

Thanks Jayle. 

I am finding it difficult because of the 100 coffins found in October 2020. Darn There are so many links on that it consumes the output of my search. 

59 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well, let's see what we have. You mentioned Sekhemkhet and you suggest the pyramid was never completed, others think it was destroyed. Anyway, I digress.

the Unfinished Northern Pyramid of Zawyet El Aryan, again, one author I found thinks it was destroyed. That's two. I will continue to look for the third. 

There's not any real evidence that the oval tub at Zawyet El Aryan is a sarcophagus, as was mentioned. The site was hardly explored and that was a century ago.

As was also mentioned, it's not surprising that a person of importance was not interred in an unfinished pyramid.

Now, contrast these few examples (which are questionable because of the unfinished states) with the rest of the sarcophagi that have been found. Opened and empty. Do you suppose they crawled out?

Harte

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Thanks Jayle. 

I am finding it difficult because of the 100 coffins found in October 2020. Darn There are so many links on that it consumes the output of my search. 

This I can certainly identify with.

But with me it's usually 1000 fringe sites for every serious one.

Harte

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harte said:

As was also mentioned, it's not surprising that a person of importance was not interred in an unfinished pyramid.

Again, which begs the question where were these pharaohs buried then as they too are missing and, assuming they were ever intended to be buried there in the first place, what was the program in place to ensure the pharaoh had a tomb worthy of his stature to be buried inside in case of this seemingly common event? Just as a mater of practicality there had to have been a "two tomb" system in the event the pyramid was never finished. And without his resurrection machine in place, what did this mean for the pharaoh's journey in the afterlife to take his place among the Imperishable One's? Quite a bummer.      

Just a nice picture of a pyramid

LNj6Ezl.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Just a nice picture of a pyramid

LNj6Ezl.jpg

Its all that radiation from being a power generator. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Thanos5150 said:

Sssssssh we're trying to convince everyone in Cairo its just the sun and one very extended decades long sunset....

• Haha 2

The Giza pyramids are just tombs .

The Pyramids of Giza are tombs built for three of Egypt’s pharaohs. The ancient Egyptians believed that when pharaohs died, they would move on to the afterlife as gods. These pharaohs prepared for the afterlife by ordering the building of enormous pyramid tombs for themselves, where they could store all the items they’d need in the next world.

19 hours ago, Thanos5150 said:

Again, which begs the question where were these pharaohs buried then as they too are missing and, assuming they were ever intended to be buried there in the first place, what was the program in place to ensure the pharaoh had a tomb worthy of his stature to be buried inside in case of this seemingly common event?

Being the crown prince was no guarantee that you'd live to become pharaoh.  

The big tombs were started when the nominee was finally crowned as king.  Many of them did have tombs started elsewhere, but remember that tombs were hand-carved and hand-painted.  It took years to make a decent looking tomb (decades, even.)

Kings were buried with fabulous treasures and most of their tombs were robbed within 500 years of their internment.  Their location was well known at that time (guards and priests) and the guards and priests were bribeable, particularly when the kingdom was unstable.  Kings themselves often robbed tombs of their predecessors for precious objects.

Tut is a good example.  He was crowned king when he was a boy, and if he started a tomb, it wasn't finished.  So they cleared out someone else's tomb, repainted, borrowed furnishings and other items from other burials, and tossed him in.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

Sssssssh we're trying to convince everyone in Cairo its just the sun and one very extended decades long sunset....

One of the side effects of prolonged pyramid radiation exposure:

3-2.jpg

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. 

Edited by Thanos5150
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thanos5150 said:

Nah.

Tomb:

130101416_Khafrecladdingstones2.jpg.07bbbd092160544ae53d4f825cbf7bca.jpg

Power plant:

381629927_powerplant2.jpg.30ee051e737dddb0730efa373fc4dbd6.jpg

I guess I'm just not seein' it.

Harte

• Haha 3