Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Government has no explanation for UFO's.

WASHINGTON — American intelligence officials have found no evidence that aerial phenomena witnessed by Navy pilots in recent years are alien spacecraft, but they still cannot explain the unusual movements that have mystified scientists and the military, according to senior administration officials briefed on the findings of a highly anticipated government report.

The report determines that a vast majority of more than 120 incidents over the past two decades did not originate from any American military or other advanced U.S. government technology, the officials said. That determination would appear to eliminate the possibility that Navy pilots who reported seeing unexplained aircraft might have encountered programs the government meant to keep secret.

But that is about the only conclusive finding in the classified intelligence report, the officials said. And while a forthcoming unclassified version, expected to be released to Congress by June 25, will present few other firm conclusions, senior officials briefed on the intelligence conceded that the very ambiguity of the findings meant the government could not definitively rule out theories that the phenomena observed by military pilots might be alien spacecraft.

Source: New York Times

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Right... and they expect everyone to trust them on this.  Most people wouldn't trust them to comment on sunrise tomorrow.  What a joke these people are.  A BAD ONE.

• Like 1

Weather balloons!

Weather balloons that travel at 300mph and dart off at right-angles without slowing down.

Weather balloons. :yes:

:huh:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The TechnoKing declares, wait till you see what I've got! 

~

:rolleyes:

Interesting turn of events.  When I was young, they said everything had an explanation.

Now, they say it is not associated with US military or defense activity.  Our rivals in high tech know if it is theirs or not, but they won't say.

Likewise they won't believe our denial, but I have not heard any leaks of Chinese or Russian combat aircraft targeting these things or Chinese or Russian naval ships being shadowed by them, or anybody else coming forward to report. 

Is it just a distraction from something else or will matters come to a head soon? I guess we will see.'

Unless you get the straight scoop from the stay at home mom who runs the antivaxxer and alien abduction blog,  you speculate or ignore it.

• Like 4

Pretty much seems to be an indication that the government was responsible for the phenomenon right there, as I see it.  Unless of course they’re actually being honest which makes it even more interesting.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Unless you get the straight scoop from the stay at home mom who runs the antivaxxer and alien abduction blog,  you speculate or ignore it.

We had a limited "rash" of sightings in south Alabama in the early 70s.  I have a cousin who was in the yard playing with her oldest son, he was about 5 or 6 at the time and they saw what they described as a grey.  I've never had any reason to think of either of them as liars.  This happened roughly the same time, a bit before, actually, as the fishermen in Pascagoula, MS encounter.

• Like 2

One word: counterintelligence

If you say it doesn't belong to you and your adversaries know it doesn't belong to them, then they start their own snipe hunts. It worked before to perfection. It's actually funny how well it's working again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Papameter's got aliens at 99+%. Better reading than from any release from those professional obfuscators. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, and then said:

We had a limited "rash" of sightings in south Alabama in the early 70s.  I have a cousin who was in the yard playing with her oldest son, he was about 5 or 6 at the time and they saw what they described as a grey.  I've never had any reason to think of either of them as liars.  This happened roughly the same time, a bit before, actually, as the fishermen in Pascagoula, MS encounter.

Similar story here, a hunting buddy saw a metal cube shaped object rise up out of the forest we were in and then go straight up and disappear.  We found no ground traces where he thought he saw it.  We couldn't be 100% sure we were in the right clearing.  This was a few years before drones became a thing.  I thought it might be military, I never doubted he saw it.  

• Like 4

The report determines that a vast majority of more than 120 incidents over the past two decades did not originate from any American military or other advanced U.S. government technology, the officials said. That determination would appear to eliminate the possibility that Navy pilots who reported seeing unexplained aircraft might have encountered programs the government meant to keep secret.

Disappointing. I was hoping it was new secret flight technology.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Similar story here, a hunting buddy saw a metal cube shaped object rise up out of the forest we were in and then go straight up and disappear.  We found no ground traces where he thought he saw it.  We couldn't be 100% sure we were in the right clearing.  This was a few years before drones became a thing.  I thought it might be military, I never doubted he saw it.  

Borg!   You are both very lucky you were not assimilated!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Guyver said:

Pretty much seems to be an indication that the government was responsible for the phenomenon right there, as I see it.  Unless of course they’re actually being honest which makes it even more interesting.

Yes, thats pretty much what was between the lines. They had quite a few people on today saying they expected this, that its probably a lot of classified technology.

• Like 1

The report also seems to conflict itself by claiming that there is no evidence that these objects are extraterrestrial in nature, yet concludes that, at things stand, they remain completely unexplained.

That is not a contradiction. Being unexplained and being ET are two totally different things. Just like how there's no evidence that Bigfoot exists, yet there are unexplained humanoid sightings in forests. 

As for the claim that there is no evidence that they are extraterrestrial in nature - it would certainly be interesting to see on what basis such a conclusion was reached.

The basis for that conclusion is that there is no evidence that UAPs/UFOs come from somewhere other than earth. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Jumping to "it's aliens!" is foolish and unscientific...Especially when there are possible answers with less suppositions. Occam's Razor is a good thing.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a leak from the top secret one shown to senate committees. The public will get a more watered down version. I believe it. I don’t think the government has any idea what is going on. Utter incompetence.

4 minutes ago, Malawi said:

Yes, thats pretty much what was between the lines. They had quite a few people on today saying they expected this, that its probably a lot of classified technology.

It was back in the early to mid nineties when I observed what I would consider a “UFO” that was something other than strange moving lights in the sky.  It was night, I was standing in my back yard doing some star gazing, which is my habit, and I saw what I’ve always said kind of looked like the Batplane pass by overhead.  There were almost no lights and no sound, except for a low frequency hum and a whooshing sound as it went by.  Today I would call it a stealth glider.  It was so blacked out it blended with the night perfectly.  It was really hard to see.  Had it not gone by almost overhead, I wouldn’t have seen it.  Why it was in my town, IDK, but I do live within 20 miles of an Air Force Base, FWIW.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Especially when there are possible answers with less suppositions. Occam's Razor is a good thing.

I've often debated this in my own mind. If indeed there are craft in our skies that can do the sort of things being attributed to them, then E.T. might be at least as likely as the prospect that human being developed this tech decades ago and have managed to keep it secret. :ph34r:

Edited by SeekTruth
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, oldnatcole said:

Hmmm...the prospect that these things are man-made actually scares me more than the idea that these things are alien.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Did he say how fast it flew up into the sky?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Malawi said:

I expected this too, but still have no real idea what to make of it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, oldnatcole said:

It may very well be just that.  I don't follow UFO issues but I've seen enough evidence of U.S. government duplicity and scheming to believe they'd rarely ever tell the truth, even in a court.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

Hmmm...the prospect that these things are man-made actually scares me more than the idea that these things are alien.

I think I understand what you mean. If these UFO's are not ours and they are not alien, then that can mean only one thing. Somebody else on this planet has far superior technology than our own military and we could be in trouble.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, and then said:

It may very well be just that.  I don't follow UFO issues but I've seen enough evidence of U.S. government duplicity and scheming to believe they'd rarely ever tell the truth, even in a court.

I hope you're right. I'd rather it be us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

Did he say how fast it flew up into the sky?

The few military or civilian pilots I've heard reporting on these things have described extreme acceleration and non-ballistic maneuvering that wouldn't be possible with known technology.  I seem to recall some techno-talking head during the Columbia shuttle tragedy  explaining that the crew probably died not from the explosive effects of the fuel detonating but rather to the stresses caused by the cabin changing suddenly in attitude and angle.  I don't really understand it but I guess it would be like instantly changing the G-forces they were experiencing from head-on to 90 or 180 degrees off that axis.

• Like 2