Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Government has no explanation for UFO's.

4 minutes ago, and then said:

The few military or civilian pilots I've heard reporting on these things have described extreme acceleration and non-ballistic maneuvering that wouldn't be possible with known technology.  I seem to recall some techno-talking head during the Columbia shuttle tragedy  explaining that the crew probably died not from the explosive effects of the fuel detonating but rather to the stresses caused by the cabin changing suddenly in attitude and angle.  I don't really understand it but I guess it would be like instantly changing the G-forces they were experiencing from head-on to 90 or 180 degrees off that axis.

Could they be large drones?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldnatcole said:

I think I understand what you mean. If these UFO's are not ours and they are not alien, then that can mean only one thing. Somebody else on this planet has far superior technology than our own military and we could be in trouble.

What is "far superior" about these UFOs?  The witness accounts seem to be exaggerated when compared the the videos.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

I seem to recall some techno-talking head during the Columbia shuttle tragedy  explaining that the crew probably died not from the explosive effects of the fuel detonating but rather to the stresses caused by the cabin changing suddenly in attitude and angle.

I think you probably mean the Challenger tragedy.  Actually, and I guess unfortunately, I think it's been confirmed that at least some of the astronauts survived the explosion, I believe there might be a few recordings and I think that a few of the astronaut's oxygen were turned on which had to be done manually.

3 hours ago, Seti42 said:

That is not a contradiction. Being unexplained and being ET are two totally different things. Just like how there's no evidence that Bigfoot exists, yet there are unexplained humanoid sightings in forests. 

The basis for that conclusion is that there is no evidence that UAPs/UFOs come from somewhere other than earth. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Jumping to "it's aliens!" is foolish and unscientific...Especially when there are possible answers with less suppositions. Occam's Razor is a good thing.

Agreed. I’m certainly very open to the possibility that there’s life out there and even that they might have visited our little planet. Likewise I’m quite intrigued by the possibility that the US government might be about to formally acknowledge that there’s phenomena in our sky’s that they can’t explain but don’t believe is technology from a rival nation state. However, it's a huge leap to imply that an an inability to conclusively identify everything that is in our sky is somehow proof that we’re being visited by extraterrestrials. To be frank I find it absurd that the article even suggests this is a contradiction.

Like I say I’m intrigued to see exactly what’s in this report but I'd be shocked if there are any explosive revelations in there as whether you believe the governments of this world are concealing the existence of extraterrestrial interlopers or that it’s just military intelligence and top secret technology it’s still information that was deemed sensitive enough to classify so they’re not going to start releasing all of their top secret files anytime soon.

1 hour ago, oldnatcole said:

I think I understand what you mean. If these UFO's are not ours and they are not alien, then that can mean only one thing. Somebody else on this planet has far superior technology than our own military and we could be in trouble.

Add to that the fact that, despite our amazing technological advances, we have not matured at all psychologically as a species. Any alien visitation would entail the fact that said aliens are evolved to the point that they didn't destroy themselves via tribal warfare.

Edited by SeekTruth

1 hour ago, and then said:

The few military or civilian pilots I've heard reporting on these things have described extreme acceleration and non-ballistic maneuvering that wouldn't be possible with known technology.  

Would you mid sharing any more details of their sightings? I find this stuff fascinating.

13 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Similar story here, a hunting buddy saw a metal cube shaped object rise up out of the forest we were in and then go straight up and disappear.  We found no ground traces where he thought he saw it.  We couldn't be 100% sure we were in the right clearing.  This was a few years before drones became a thing.  I thought it might be military, I never doubted he saw it.  

I would like to add that technology has been a help but also a big hindrance making observations more difficult to interpret.  Now you can buy a very capable  RC drone for a few hundred dollars. Our holiday night skies are lit by formations of drones in lieu of fireworks.  Not the case 20 years ago.  Low earth orbit satellites are growing from about 4,000 to near 30,000 in the near future.  Elon Musk is largely responsible for that and I must say, his company has responded to astronomers complaints by putting experimental coatings on some to make them less light reflective. 

If there are extraterrestrial UAP's soon they will merge into the background of human  generated objects, at least for citizen observations.  Military observations are a different matter.

19 hours ago, Tiggs said:

but they still cannot explain the unusual movements that have mystified scientists

so i take it scientists have looked at data/ footage the public hasn't seen?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Trelane said:

One word: counterintelligence

If you say it doesn't belong to you and your adversaries know it doesn't belong to them, then they start their own snipe hunts. It worked before to perfection. It's actually funny how well it's working again.

i agree but this only makes sense if the left-right sharp turns etc are fact.. we don't know if these claims (Fravor & gang) are true yet

1 hour ago, SeekTruth said:

Add to that the fact that, despite our amazing technological advances, we have not matured at all psychologically as a species.

compared to what?

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

compared to what?

Are you asking to what I'm comparing our present psychological maturity as a species? If so, it would be our past psychological maturity as a species. Our brains have not evolved to any appreciable degree that would render our dark and irrational basic instincts any less influential.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

Our brains have not evolved to any appreciable degree that would render our dark and irrational basic instincts any less influential.

yeah, again= compared to what? To make such a bold statement (#31 ) using the word fact means there is a yardstick.. What is that yardstick with regards to facts?

Do you understand the question? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yeah, again= compared to what? To make such a bold statement (#31 ) using the word fact means there is a yardstick.. What is that yardstick with regards to facts?

Do you understand the question? 

I guess I don't understand the question. The question is rather vague and could certainly use some clarification.

Once the Roman Empire became entrenched in bureaucracy it failed. This is an example of what is to come. Look - it’s either the American defense industry or it’s aliens.

I know for a fact how far behind even China is in technology. Pretty interesting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nobu said:

I know for a fact how far behind even China is in technology. Pretty interesting.

hmm fact...what, even all the secret stuff they're working on? but if it's secret you wouldn't know of it. eer. because it's secret, right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

hmm fact...what, even all the secret stuff they're working on? but if it's secret you wouldn't know of it. eer. because it's secret, right?

I know of some because I’ve seen. A lot I have friends that have told me. But you guys do you. I don’t care

I've just stated on another thread that carrier groups and fighter squadrons have been experiencing this kind of thing since the 60's and 70's.

No further information required.  

I believe that advanced Aliens have been visiting us for decades (maybe centuries), and the present-day phenomenon is no mystery to the major governments of the world.

In the US, the secret is probably on a 'need to know' basis, and a president (who may be out of office after 4 years) doesn't necessarily need to know.

The official report will be a watered down/ incomplete/ edited/ redacted version of the whole truth, and only add weight to the "nothing to see here" theory.

Smoke and mirrors ;) 

Reports leak out that you are testing your latest generation of black projects on your own military (with good results).  Oops.   Best we cover that up .....   It's Roswell all over again :D

You can do all the sardonic smilies you like, but where is the actual evidence of non-terrestrial maneuvers?

On 6/4/2021 at 11:17 AM, acute said:

Weather balloons that travel at 300mph and dart off at right-angles without slowing down.

Sorry, WHAT?  Please cite the incident to which you refer - I trust it is evidenced, rather than a pilot's story or bad interpretation of a FLIR video.

The videos being passed around do NOT show that, or indeed any impossible maneuvers.  Disagree?  Be specific and cite the evidence.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vaz said:

No further information required.

You mean no further supporting information.  Correct, which means your comment may be dismissed without further consideration.

12 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

I guess I don't understand the question. The question is rather vague and could certainly use some clarification.

@Dejarma, would you mind clarifying your question? Framing the question as a complete sentence might help.

And do you really think it bold to claim that the human brain hasn't evolved even as our tech has evolved?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Be specific and cite the evidence

My brain doesn't work that way.

The only incidents I can come up with right now are Roswell, Rendlesham, and the Nimitz.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, acute said:

My brain doesn't work that way.

OK.  Anyone else? :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1