Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Government has no explanation for UFO's.

2 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

Good stuff Vaz, something highly unique was in the air that night over Phoenix.........lots of solid testimony from many witnesses. 

yep solid testimony. One or two ufo freaks start saying they see something highly unique.

Then other ufo freaks copy/ hop on the bandwagon, jumping up & down in the background shouting 'yeah I see it, I see it' like donkey in Shrek- & there are your many reliable witnesses- yeah powerful stuff -convincing :sleepy:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Scudbuster said:

It must so difficult to be in denial.........therapy perhaps?

that's a well thought out reply.. well done 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scudbuster said:

When someone starts parading Fyfe Symington as credible you have to wonder who is in denial.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Vaz said:

DYOR.  I think I know how this goes.  You challenge me to come up with them.  I find them.  You call them mistaken or liars. :sleepy:

Also check out Fife Symington's testimony. 

The whole Ley family.  And and many others.  All found in literally minutes.

QED.

Have you ever considered taking your own advice? Try starting right here at UM with the search function.

These wannabe UFOlogists have been discussed to death here, they are anything but credible. 

Especially Symington. FFS. 

• Thanks 6

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Have you ever considered taking your own advice? Try starting right here at UM with the search function.

These wannabe UFOlogists have been discussed to death here, they are anything but credible. 

Especially Symington. FFS. 

Some people believe in UFOs.  Some people believe in God.  Some people believe the strangest things.

....but you know what?  I have never met anyone who believed that the freezing point of water was 36.4°F (2.444444°C).  Go figure!   Reality is only difficult for those who immerse their mind in Fantasy.   I have created an equation for all those who need to know how to reach the zen state of reality:

R - F  =  R       For those who suck at math.....   Reality minus Fantasy equals Reality.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, joc said:

Some people believe in UFOs.  Some people believe in God.  Some people believe the strangest things.

....but you know what?  I have never met anyone who believed that the freezing point of water was 36.4°F (2.444444°C).  Go figure!   Reality is only difficult for those who immerse their mind in Fantasy.   I have created an equation for all those who need to know how to reach the zen state of reality:

R - F  =  R       For those who suck at math.....   Reality minus Fantasy equals Reality.

Based on your formula it is also true that

R + FR

And since:

FR - R = 0

Can we say - since Fantasy is nothing or emptiness, that:

Fantasy is Nirvana and (by the commutative property) Nirvana is Fantasy?

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Based on your formula it is also true that

R + FR

And since:

FR - R = 0

Can we say - since Fantasy is nothing or emptiness, that:

Fantasy is Nirvana and (by the commutative property) Nirvana is Fantasy?

uh no...

R + F = F

When one adds Fantasy to Reality...what one ends up with is...Fantasy.

Fantasy does not equal Nirvana.   Fantasy equals train wreck of intellectual thought process.

8 hours ago, joc said:

uh no...

R + F = F

When one adds Fantasy to Reality...what one ends up with is...Fantasy.

Fantasy does not equal Nirvana.   Fantasy equals train wreck of intellectual thought process.

What i posted is correct as far as mathematical properties are concerned. 

NB. 0(+1) = 0(-1)

R + 0 = R - 0 = R

It's the basic arithmetical algebraic identity property.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

Sigh.  Veiled and childish ad hominems aside...  what are we denying?  Campfire stories?

It should be easy for you to simply post, cite or quote the hard evidence, if there is any.  You know, the non-anecdotal stuff.  The actual maths and trigonometry, ie the analysis, the base data, including assumptions, that evidences these non-terrestrial things or maneuvers.  The world of science (aka REALITY) does not accept anecdotes.  It rightly ignores them until they are evidenced.

So, just post the actual evidenced observations that require explanation.  Start with the best one.

Now of course, you will come up with endless empty excuses for not doing that.  Because you are in denial perhaps?  If it's not that, do explain why you are refusing to actually CITE the best evidenced claim.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Sigh.  Veiled and childish ad hominems aside...  what are we denying?  Campfire stories?

It should be easy for you to simply post, cite or quote the hard evidence, if there is any.  You know, the non-anecdotal stuff.  The actual maths and trigonometry, ie the analysis, the base data, including assumptions, that evidences these non-terrestrial things or maneuvers.  The world of science (aka REALITY) does not accept anecdotes.  It rightly ignores them until they are evidenced.

So, just post the actual evidenced observations that require explanation.  Start with the best one.

Now of course, you will come up with endless empty excuses for not doing that.  Because you are in denial perhaps?  If it's not that, do explain why you are refusing to actually CITE the best evidenced claim.

Don't expect much more than 

"DYOR"

200723041058120942.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

And here's Scientific American's take.  True Believers, don't click - you won't like it...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/experts-weigh-in-on-pentagon-ufo-report/

In there you will find quotes from people with diverse views, such as Mick West (metabunk) and Avi Loeb:

Harvard University astrophysicist Avi Loeb says the significance of the UAP Task Force report will depend on the evidence it discloses, which at the moment remains mostly unknown. “But this focus on past reports is misguided,” he says. “It would be prudent to progress forward with our finest instruments rather than examine past reports. Instead of focusing on documents that reflect decades-old technologies used by witnesses with no scientific expertise, it would be far better to deploy state-of-the-art recording devices, such as cameras or audio sensors, at the sites where the reports came from and search for unusual signals.”

In other words, we need decent evidence.

It will be 'fun' when the report is finally released on 25 June (?).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

What i posted is correct as far as mathematical properties are concerned. 

NB. 0(+1) = 0(-1)

R + 0 = R - 0 = R

It's the basic arithmetical algebraic identity property.

I will acquiesce to you for actual things mathematical.   I was actually horrible at math in high school.  I took Alg1, Alg2, and Geometry and never really got any of it.  Somehow in my mind I rationalized that I would be better at math than if I just took Related Math. I thought I was smart because I knew what Venn Diagrams were... But I digress...

I do think however that we are probably closer in agreement with my basic philosophical equation that when we remove Fantasy from Reality...we are left with Reality...and that as long as we entertain fantasy thoughts in our minds as it relates to truth, then we are lost....because reality is what it is...like math...and it just doesn't allow for fantasy.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Scudbuster said:

interview with Luis Elizondo on what the possibilities might be

We know what the possibilities are, it's the reality we are interested in.  Elizondo is part of the ridiculous "ToTheStars" money-making exercise that this is largely about.  He has no credentials in aeronautics or radar / photographic analysis.  In the past he has promised evidence but all we got were those 3 videos, NONE of which show any odd maneuvers despite the idiotic commentary.

So, nothing but speculation and more campfire tales for the kids..  Got it.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

We know what the possibilities are, it's the reality we are interested in.

Possibilities are just fantasies until they are proven to be reality.  Thank you!

22 hours ago, joc said:

Talk about strange alright.

Vaz referenced a politician who comes from a family of blind believers who has spent plenty of time in court. 

22 hours ago, joc said:

Actually, pressure makes the point variable. Freezing and boiling. On Mt Everest a pot of water will boil at about 98 degrees C but 100 at sea level.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

On Mt Everest a pot of water will boil at about 98 degrees C but 100 at sea level.

A small correction - you need to turn that 9 upside down.. :)   It boils at around 68°C at Everest-level.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Actually, pressure makes the point variable. Freezing and boiling. On Mt Everest a pot of water will boil at about 98 degrees C but 100 at sea level.

IIRC, that's how instant coffee was discovered.

• Haha 2

And here's a very nicely done opinion piece by Pewdiepie, the internet sensation hisself.

He makes a few supposedly uneducated guesses, but in fact... NAILS IT...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, joc said:

I will acquiesce to you for actual things mathematical.   I was actually horrible at math in high school.  I took Alg1, Alg2, and Geometry and never really got any of it.  Somehow in my mind I rationalized that I would be better at math than if I just took Related Math. I thought I was smart because I knew what Venn Diagrams were... But I digress...

I do think however that we are probably closer in agreement with my basic philosophical equation that when we remove Fantasy from Reality...we are left with Reality...and that as long as we entertain fantasy thoughts in our minds as it relates to truth, then we are lost....because reality is what it is...like math...and it just doesn't allow for fantasy.  

My reply to you was in jest.

I found it amusing what could be derived from your initial formula.

• Haha 2