Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA investigating UFO sightings

Desertrat56

https://www.space.com/nasa-investigating-ufos-bill-nelson

NASA is now on the perplexing UFO case.

NASA chief Bill Nelson, who assumed his post just last month, has asked agency researchers to look into the spate of UFO sightings that U.S. Navy pilots have reported over the past two decades, CNN reported.

"Now that I'm here at NASA, I've turned to our scientists and I've said, 'Would you, looking at it from a scientific standpoint, see if you can determine [what these objects are], so that we can have a better idea?'" Nelson told CNN's Rachel Crane in an interview that the network posted online Friday (June 4).

"The bottom line is, we want to know," he added. "And that's what we're trying to do."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

https://www.space.com/nasa-investigating-ufos-bill-nelson

NASA is now on the perplexing UFO case.

NASA chief Bill Nelson, who assumed his post just last month, has asked agency researchers to look into the spate of UFO sightings that U.S. Navy pilots have reported over the past two decades, CNN reported.

"Now that I'm here at NASA, I've turned to our scientists and I've said, 'Would you, looking at it from a scientific standpoint, see if you can determine [what these objects are], so that we can have a better idea?'" Nelson told CNN's Rachel Crane in an interview that the network posted online Friday (June 4).

"The bottom line is, we want to know," he added. "And that's what we're trying to do."

That is very interesting.  I don’t know how they are going to be able to come up with any answers, but it is great that they are looking into it.

• Like 3

What's this? Now scientists at NASA are taking UFO's seriously? How things have changed.

I guess NASA scientist will become UFO kooks too.

Edited by oldnatcole

1 hour ago, oldnatcole said:

How so?
Kooks are people who ignore facts that don't agree with them. Scientists are people who ignore things that are not facts.

• Like 6

Just now, zep73 said:

How so?
Kooks are people who ignore facts that don't agree with them. Scientists are people who ignore things that are not facts.

The right definition is a crazy, insane, screwball, eccentric person. Not people who ignore facts that don't agree with them. So you added that on with your personal opinion. NASA Scientists are looking into UFO's that weren't suppose to exist and were not suppose to be fact.

9 minutes ago, oldnatcole said:

The right definition is a crazy, insane, screwball, eccentric person. Not people who ignore facts that don't agree with them. So you added that on with your personal opinion. NASA Scientists are looking into UFO's that weren't suppose to exist and were not suppose to be fact.

I wrote what they do. You wrote what they are. And they are certainly not scientists.

Who said UFO's aren't supposed to exist? They are normal things, once you investigate them deep enough. That's what the scientists are supposed to do in this case.

• Like 2

Unless it's something useful, I don't see a point in all this UFO research. Looks more like a distraction from something, which might be a reason things have gone UFO crazy lately. 

• Like 4

Neil Armstrong was reported to have gone on an exploration in the jungles of Ecuador in search of a legendary metallic library located in a cave.  The cave has very unusual features in places that have right angles.  Anyway the legendary library is thought by some to be from an ancient civilization, others think it has to do with an alien civilization.  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cueva_de_los_Tayos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"It's amazing how good governments are, given their track records in almost every other field, at hushing up things like alien encounters. One reason may be that the aliens themselves are too embarrassed to talk about it.

It's not known why most of the space-going races of the universe want to undertake rummaging in Earthling underwear as a prelude to formal contact. But representatives of several hundred races have taken to hanging out, unsuspected by one another, in rural corners of the planet and, as a result of this, keep on abducting other would-be abductees. Some have been in fact abducted while waiting to carry out an abduction on a couple of aliens trying to abduct the aliens who were, as a result of misunderstood instructions, trying to form cattle into circles and mutilate crops.

The planet Earth is now banned to all alien races until they can compare notes and find out how many, if any, real humans they have actually got. It is gloomily suspected that there is only one - who is big, hairy, and has very large feet.

The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head."

~TP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

"It's amazing how good governments are, given their track records in almost every other field, at hushing up things like alien encounters. One reason may be that the aliens themselves are too embarrassed to talk about it.

It's not known why most of the space-going races of the universe want to undertake rummaging in Earthling underwear as a prelude to formal contact. But representatives of several hundred races have taken to hanging out, unsuspected by one another, in rural corners of the planet and, as a result of this, keep on abducting other would-be abductees. Some have been in fact abducted while waiting to carry out an abduction on a couple of aliens trying to abduct the aliens who were, as a result of misunderstood instructions, trying to form cattle into circles and mutilate crops.

The planet Earth is now banned to all alien races until they can compare notes and find out how many, if any, real humans they have actually got. It is gloomily suspected that there is only one - who is big, hairy, and has very large feet.

The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head."

~TP.

I believe that the experiences that can be explain, are not Aliens at all. I believe the events of UFO, many other so called forms of exterestrial come simple be us, from a future time. I mean who else would want anything else we have, everything we call a important resource to any space faring Race can be found in abundance throughout the Universe so why they ever want to visit, and the Human race, it make no sense to me.

14 hours ago, oldnatcole said:

Gee I hope they can keep their story straight.

It's alien.

Or the Chinese.

Unless you are here to argue then it's a combination of:

Can't have happened as there's no 4k definition video

Or if there is then where's the scientific proof like a piece of the craft

But if you've got that then, we need to see the ship fly

And if you've got that then:

It's clouds

Lights reflecting of a lens 

A balloon

Jupiter

Flock of seagulls

Chinese lanterns

Mass hysteria

A secret project 

An attention seeker

Someone after money through book sales

Only problem is... that still doesn't explain some sightings.

"How dare you say that Open, you know nothing, where's the white paper, the analysis, tell.me.so I can quote one of the above getbout clauses and bit do any research myself and sleep at night because I'm so woke that you say anything that questions me then you're against me and I must now try to destroy you through my keyboard warrior certified skillet and dictionary/ thesaurus of words"

I'm off to get some popcorn, sit back and see what happens now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I believe that the experiences that can be explain, are not Aliens at all. I believe the events of UFO, many other so called forms of exterestrial come simple be us, from a future time. I mean who else would want anything else we have, everything we call a important resource to any space faring Race can be found in abundance throughout the Universe so why they ever want to visit, and the Human race, it make no sense to me.

the military always has technology 20 to 50 years advanced from what we are told.  It doesn't have to be humans from the future, it could just be military.   I agree, there is no rational reason that I can understand for aliens from outer space to even bother with us or our planet.

Quoted from the article:

The New York Times and Politico reported that Navy pilots had repeatedly spotted strange objects performing maneuvers that were far more advanced than anything their own jets could do. 

So there is actual footage of these things performing incredible maneuvers & recorded genuine radar data? I take it this is the kind of data NASA will look at?

I also assume they will not be listening to stories of which Fravor can't get right. Again:

no mention of these phenomenal sharp left/ right turns in Fravor's first few interviews! NASA wouldn't be that stupid to study -just a story-, would they?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Quoted from the article:

So there is actual footage of these things performing incredible maneuvers & recorded genuine radar data? I take it this is the kind of data NASA will look at?

I also assume they will not be listening to stories of which Fravor can't get right. Again:

no mention of these phenomenal sharp left/ right turns in Fravor's first few interviews! NASA wouldn't be that stupid to study -just a story-, would they?

I suspect NASA is going to be looking outside the atmosphere, if they actually are looking at all.    Why would NASA rehash what is going on inside the atmosphere, their goal is space.  The band wagon is getting crowded.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I suspect NASA is going to be looking outside the atmosphere, if they actually are looking at all.    Why would NASA rehash what is going on inside the atmosphere, their goal is space.  The band wagon is getting crowded.

It would be a reasonable assumption but its worth noting that they already have a range of Earth observation satellites.

NASA's Earth Observing System Project Science Office.

"NASA’s Earth Observing System (EOS) is a coordinated series of polar-orbiting and low inclination satellites for long-term global observations of the land surface, biosphere, solid Earth, atmosphere, and oceans. As a major component of the Earth Science Division of NASA’s Science Mission Directorate, EOS enables an improved understanding of the Earth as an integrated system."

https://eospso.nasa.gov/content/nasas-earth-observing-system-project-science-office

The question is would they monitor data for things outside the original mission remit? 

Probably not.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Unless it's something useful, I don't see a point in all this UFO research. Looks more like a distraction from something, which might be a reason things have gone UFO crazy lately. 

You're getting warmer...

Thread cleaned

Enough with the bickering please folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

the military always has technology 20 to 50 years advanced from what we are told.  It doesn't have to be humans from the future, it could just be military.   I agree, there is no rational reason that I can understand for aliens from outer space to even bother with us or our planet.

Well, without humans it would be a nice planet to have.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

It would be a reasonable assumption but its worth noting that they already have a range of Earth observation satellites.

NASA's Earth Observing System Project Science Office.

"NASA’s Earth Observing System (EOS) is a coordinated series of polar-orbiting and low inclination satellites for long-term global observations of the land surface, biosphere, solid Earth, atmosphere, and oceans. As a major component of the Earth Science Division of NASA’s Science Mission Directorate, EOS enables an improved understanding of the Earth as an integrated system."

https://eospso.nasa.gov/content/nasas-earth-observing-system-project-science-office

The question is would they monitor data for things outside the original mission remit? 

Probably not.

I was thinking, maybe they could work on the satellite images they have on the Omaha, and see what comes out of it? I dont know if they have, Im just assuming.