Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump aide asked DoJ to investigate 'Italygate'

Eldorado

Donald Trump’s final White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows, pressured the acting attorney general to help push the lie of electoral fraud in Trump’s defeat by Joe Biden – even asking him to investigate a conspiracy theory which said people in Italy used military satellites to make US voting machines switch votes for Biden.

So reported the New York Times on Saturday night, even as Trump made a return to the public stage with a speech to Republicans in North Carolina.

Full monty at the UK Guardian: Link

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

the lie of electoral fraud

Do you have any evidence for this being a "lie"?

(apart from the 60-ish court rulings)

:huh:

Edited by acute
  • Haha 8

Where in the heck did this particular conspiracy theory originate? Smells like more Qanonense again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

He obviously lives in some sort of "gate"-d community world.

....people in Italy.  Really, now....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

He obviously lives in some sort of "gate"-d community world.

....people in Italy.  Really, now....

Little does anyone know, is that Italy has the fourth largest military in the world, they have nukes, have developed the fastest and smartest computers and have created a secret space program that is launching space lasers.

Remember when they bombed Pearl Harbor? It's true. I read it on the internet. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I tried to investigate "Italygate" and this is all I found.

• Haha 5

48 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I tried to investigate "Italygate" and this is all I found.

Obviously Italy is a conspiracy. No country can be that beautiful and have such good food. It must be fake.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Nearly six months on and he still can't accept defeat. He really is a pitiful excuse for a human being, isn't he?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Obviousman said:

Nearly six months on and he still can't accept defeat. He really is a pitiful excuse for a human being, isn't he?

He is what happens when someone only listen to sycophants.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Obviously Italy is a conspiracy. No country can be that beautiful and have such good food. It must be fake.

"Fake country. It's all just a... you know, fake country. Like I went there once, great people, best people... good food. But, like we all know something's going on there. Some people are saying, you know, people who know! Bad things happening there, it's obvious. It's a crime. Something should be done about it."

Heck, after a six pack I just realized I could have become a Trump speech writer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

"Fake country. It's all just a... you know, fake country. Like I went there once, great people, best people... good food. But, like we all know something's going on there. Some people are saying, you know, people who know! Bad things happening there, it's obvious. It's a crime. Something should be done about it."

Heck, after a six pack I just realized I could have become a Trump speech writer.

not enough "very"s

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

not enough "very"s

You're right. I did sadly lack a few superlatives.

Does anyone know if the address: #themostveryrealreallymostbestestDonaldJTrump is being used now? :unsure2:

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Except I don't think anyone imagines that he uses a speech writer.  The perception of Trump as an idiot is way overdone.  He's no genius, of course, but there was a VERY  concerted effort by the 5th column to misconstrue and mock literally EVERYTHING he said for 4+ years.  I groaned quite a bit during his first year in office because I was aware that his speaking style - basically a free-flowing type of "riffing" - was never going to stop AND that his haters would never stop using it against him.

The very best example of that was his rambling on about how easy it was for disinfectants or UV light to kill a virus.  People still make fun of him and straight-up LIE saying he recommended people ingest disinfectants or somehow introduce light inside their bodies.  It never happened.  Just like the lies that he called white supremacists/Nazis in Charlottesville "good people".  The haters loved it!  Those in media had competitions to see who could torture meaning out of his words that he obviously didn't intend.

But... it all ended well because those fools gutted any credibility they ever had with at least half the population and probably more.  Even those who cheered them on, knew they were lying or embellishing most of the time, they just didn't care because...Trump.

6 hours ago, Eldorado said:

even asking him to investigate a conspiracy theory which said people in Italy used military satellites to make US voting machines switch votes for Biden.

I'm pretty sure it has been established as factual that some of those Dominion machines absolutely were capable of connecting to the internet.  Anyone who downplays that as unimportant is nothing more than a hypocrite because if THEY lost an election they'd be screaming treason or murder for years and everyone knows it.  Hell, we watched them lose their minds, non-stop for 4 years and they NEVER accept his victory.  Their complaints fall on deaf ears.  I'm looking forward to the data that is gleaned from the audits in several states.  

I think it will be valuable NOT because it will change the mind of a single Democrat or Democrat ally, but because it may very well document HOW they cheated.  That is crucial to keeping them from doing it again. :tu:

ETA:  Just wanted to be clear that I'm not calling EL a hypocrite.  THAT is Americans only on this topic :tu:

Edited by and then
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, and then said:

Except I don't think anyone imagines that he uses a speech writer.  The perception of Trump as an idiot is way overdone.  He's no genius, of course, but there was a VERY  concerted effort by the 5th column to misconstrue and mock literally EVERYTHING he said for 4+ years.  I groaned quite a bit during his first year in office because I was aware that his speaking style - basically a free-flowing type of "riffing" - was never going to stop AND that his haters would never stop using it against him.

The very best example of that was his rambling on about how easy it was for disinfectants or UV light to kill a virus.  People still make fun of him and straight-up LIE saying he recommended people ingest disinfectants or somehow introduce light inside their bodies.  It never happened.  Just like the lies that he called white supremacists/Nazis in Charlottesville "good people".  The haters loved it!  Those in media had competitions to see who could torture meaning out of his words that he obviously didn't intend.

But... it all ended well because those fools gutted any credibility they ever had with at least half the population and probably more.  Even those who cheered them on, knew they were lying or embellishing most of the time, they just didn't care because...Trump.

I'm pretty sure it has been established as factual that some of those Dominion machines absolutely were capable of connecting to the internet.  Anyone who downplays that as unimportant is nothing more than a hypocrite because if THEY lost an election they'd be screaming treason or murder for years and everyone knows it.  Hell, we watched them lose their minds, non-stop for 4 years and they NEVER accept his victory.  Their complaints fall on deaf ears.  I'm looking forward to the data that is gleaned from the audits in several states.  

I think it will be valuable NOT because it will change the mind of a single Democrat or Democrat ally, but because it may very well document HOW they cheated.  That is crucial to keeping them from doing it again. :tu:

After all this time discussing with you, andthen (I still have a hard time not capitalizing your name) you are still kindred and respectful. We could share a six pack or a joint (it's legal in Canada) and find some common ground (that and we both skydived once).

But, "good people" on both sides? It was blatant to me. A dog whistle. What possible other take did you get from it?

Second paragraph, I'm not sure about the point you're making. Is it just that because those who opposed Trump were lying? Because that's all I got out of that..

Third: Sixty courts with Trump judges said, "No harm, no foul". How do you balance that? I think I could look back 4 1/2 years ago on this very forum and find a lot of Trump supporters telling Democrats to stop whining and that it was all legal and above board. What proof is there that something changed?

Italygate?

Fourth: :tu: Just because I want to end it that way too, on a positive note. We'll never agree on some things, but I like you just the same.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Trump Derangement Syndrome Resistance Movement actions committee!! This song was written do a premonition he has in 1973, the date this occurance would take place according to John was Dec 2016!

Trump's a TRINO, a Trump Republican In Name Only. The Triceratops should symbolize the new party. For the sake of the conservatives, I wish that they would just take one step back and give a head shake.

In my crystal ball in the next 40 years I see a four party system. Real change takes two generations.

Progressives/Democrats/Republicans/Neo-Conservative.

Welcome to real democracy. The Sanders wing  will not stay with the Democrats, and the Trump wing will find it's own swamp outside the Republican party.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Trump's a TRINO, a Trump Republican In Name Only. The Triceratops should symbolize the new party. For the sake of the conservatives, I wish that they would just take one step back and give a head shake.

In my crystal ball in the next 40 years I see a four party system. Real change takes two generations.

Progressives/Democrats/Republicans/Neo-Conservative.

Welcome to real democracy. The Sanders wing  will not stay with the Democrats, and the Trump wing will find it's own swamp outside the Republican party.

Thanks for your response, I hope that I was clear about the post You quoted, because it was meant to be humorous. I don't want to see a four party system like you described above. We don't need Neo-Conservatives, that would push us even closer to the Social Democratic Party of Nazi Germany, than the Trump Administration did. If it were up to me I would make the Proposed Sanders Party combine with the Libertarian Party, and leave the Republucan Party alone along with the remainder of the Democratic Party.

I don't believe that many members of the current Democratic Party will follow Sanders, but I think enough would that they could bennifit the Libertarians or between the two of them they could Forum a new party. I don't know if it makes sense or not my friend, but I do believe that there should be term limits for Congress and an age limit for the President. For congress I would make the term limit 10 years, and for the President I would make the age limit 60 years old. In the case of the President if he were 60 when he won the election, the age requirement would not apply until his term limit was reached.

Hey man, I don't know if we ever had a conversation before but I enjoyed it. Take Care my friend !!:tu:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Neo-Conservative.

Except American religious fundamentalism is in it's death throes. 

Think of a tree. That one last big spurt before it dies.

• Like 3

Hmm,  that really makes me wonder because when I went to vote I swear I caught a whiff of spaghetti sauce.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Hi and then,  I couldn't quote a portion of your post #13 ^. ..  In which you said it was a LIE that trump suggested using light and disinfectant in the body.     This is what he said as quoted by the BBC ..and witnessed by me.

"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous - whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light"

he then turned to a dumbfounded Dr. Deborah Birx (W.H. Corona virus response co-ordinator)  and said ....   "And I think you said that hasn't been checked but that you're going to test it"  "and then I said ,supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way..and I think you said you were going to test that too. Sounds interesting".

he then continued with..."And I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute.  One minute.   And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning ?  So it'd be interesting to check that".

• Thanks 3

18 hours ago, lightly said:

Hi and then,  I couldn't quote a portion of your post #13 ^. ..  In which you said it was a LIE that trump suggested using light and disinfectant in the body.     This is what he said as quoted by the BBC ..and witnessed by me.

"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous - whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light"

he then turned to a dumbfounded Dr. Deborah Birx (W.H. Corona virus response co-ordinator)  and said ....   "And I think you said that hasn't been checked but that you're going to test it"  "and then I said ,supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way..and I think you said you were going to test that too. Sounds interesting".

he then continued with..."And I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute.  One minute.   And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning ?  So it'd be interesting to check that".

Here it is:

It certainly looks like Trump, doesn't it @and then ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/6/2021 at 10:03 PM, acute said:

Do you have any evidence for this being a "lie"?

(apart from the 60-ish court rulings)

:huh:

yeah, you should ask all these Rep Governors how did this lie happened, cause they (the Rep Gov) keep saying they had the results checked plenty of times and Biden won in all these checks. So you need to ask yourself how did the GOP conspiracy to overthrow  results failed.

On 6/7/2021 at 6:44 AM, Piney said:

Except American religious fundamentalism is in it's death throes. 

Think of a tree. That one last big spurt before it dies.

I hope you're right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well damn, now us Jews need to send them a space laser sympathy card. 

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2021 at 10:13 PM, Likely Guy said:

But, "good people" on both sides? It was blatant to me. A dog whistle. What possible other take did you get from it?

Considering he had already mentioned the criminal element and their wrongdoing it was easy to follow that he was describing those who were there OTHER than that group of thugs who crashed the party.  THEY were not the organizers of the protest.  Recall that it was early on in the melee to remove statuary and groups were lining up on both sides.  

On 6/8/2021 at 7:48 AM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It certainly looks like Trump, doesn't it @and then ?

Yep... that's Trump.  Did you actually L I S T E N to his words?  I did.  Very carefully.  If you'd care to point to the time stamp on the video where he RECOMMENDED that people have disinfectants injected into their bodies or for them to "drink bleach" I'll cheerfully retract.  What I heard was a person who isn't a medical scientist and who seems to know little about biology but is relying on medical experts, riffing on possible methods to help people with this disease.  Did it ever occur to you that this guy may have never even had Biology 101, let alone any real medical training?  I also noticed his clear declaration at 1:35, you should listen.

Those who think the guy is the second coming of Hitler have their own special filter for his words and it's primarily a regurgitation of what their media of choice tells them about Trump.  Nothing is ever going to cause them to change their minds and at this point I have no interest in wasting time trying.  I'll call out ignorance and intentional deception all day though.  So, enjoy the BOM orgy but when you repeat clearly debunked, tired lies, expect to be countered :tu:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

Yep... that's Trump.  Did you actually L I S T E N to his words?  I did.  Very carefully.  If you'd care to point to the time stamp on the video where he RECOMMENDED that people have disinfectants injected into their bodies or for them to "drink bleach" I'll cheerfully retract. 

Where did I ever say that he recommended injecting disinfectants ?

What I heard was a person who isn't a medical scientist and who seems to know little about biology but is relying on medical experts, riffing on possible methods to help people with this disease. Did it ever occur to you that this guy may have never even had Biology 101, let alone any real medical training?  I also noticed his clear declaration at 1:35, you should listen.

Maybe he shouldn't rif about medical procedures then ?

Those who think the guy is the second coming of Hitler have their own special filter for his words and it's primarily a regurgitation of what their media of choice tells them about Trump. 

When have I ever compared Trump to Hitler ? 

Nothing is ever going to cause them to change their minds and at this point I have no interest in wasting time trying. 

Then why on Earth did you even respond to my post ?

So, enjoy the BOM orgy but when you repeat clearly debunked, tired lies, expect to be countered :tu:

Where did I lie and what is a BOM orgy ? :huh:

Just a little suggestion: the next time you respond to someone, make sure you respond to something they actually wrote.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1