Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stepped Core of the Great Pyramid

aarvai

Assuming you think the Great Pyramid has in internal stepped core, what are your thoughts as to how the core was built? Here is an image (from here) showing three possible methods of construction:

stepped_core.jpg.f9d0d7e79422c042c110b2d735215495.jpg

The steps shown in the diagrams would be filled in with backing stones and then casing stones. At the Great Pyramid the casing stones are missing and all that remains are the backing stones. However due to the relatively good preservation of these stones, it's not clear what the underlying method of construction is.

Why would they return to an older method of building pyramids?  They discarded the stepped core after Djoser.  Sneferu (Khufu's father) apparently tried one core-built pyramid and abandoned that practice when it failed.

...unless you mean something different by "stepped core" than I think you do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

Why would they return to an older method of building pyramids? 

Menkaure's Pyramid appears to have a stepped core. See this (pages 21-23):

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Keith-Hamilton-3/publication/346564585_The_Pyramid_of_Menkaure_at_Giza_A_Layman's_Guide/links/5fc7785ba6fdcc697bd35f95/The-Pyramid-of-Menkaure-at-Giza-A-Laymans-Guide.pdf

Evidence clearly suggests that there are five steps and each is rectilinear in cross section.  They are 81' 3" in height.  While there's no evidence to contradict accretion layers there is no evidence to suggest them either.  The courses are probably laid flat with the step tops definitely composed of thinner courses between 23" and 28".  The steps were required to lift stones but on older pyramids the step tops were formed by accretion layers.  

th_80fb4fe0-36a1-49bd-ace9-7b3e7fa0ea72.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, cladking said:

Evidence clearly suggests that there are five steps and each is rectilinear in cross section.  They are 81' 3" in height.  While there's no evidence to contradict accretion layers there is no evidence to suggest them either.  The courses are probably laid flat with the step tops definitely composed of thinner courses between 23" and 28".  The steps were required to lift stones but on older pyramids the step tops were formed by accretion layers.  

th_80fb4fe0-36a1-49bd-ace9-7b3e7fa0ea72.

Cladking your personal opinions based on your delusion that you can understand the PT (in a language you cannot read) in a way only you understand isn't evidence. However, it is proof that an internet eccentric's idea are both silly, and based on implausible ideas. While G1 and G2 could have been built as stepped pyramids first before being finished as true pyramid is possible YOU don't have evidence that is true - it is something you made up years ago.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Why would they return to an older method of building pyramids?  They discarded the stepped core after Djoser.  Sneferu (Khufu's father) apparently tried one core-built pyramid and abandoned that practice when it failed.

...unless you mean something different by "stepped core" than I think you do.

They never stopped building with stepped cores which every OK and MK pyramid we have been able to ascertain its core make up is stepped. 

The Step Pyramid Within Charles Rigano

And regarding the pyramid of Meidum, as discussed HERE

• Like 4

7 hours ago, aarvai said:

Assuming you think the Great Pyramid has in internal stepped core, what are your thoughts as to how the core was built? Here is an image (from here) showing three possible methods of construction:

The steps shown in the diagrams would be filled in with backing stones and then casing stones. At the Great Pyramid the casing stones are missing and all that remains are the backing stones. However due to the relatively good preservation of these stones, it's not clear what the underlying method of construction is.

Given every other pyramid was stepped there is no reason for G1, or the BP, RP, or G2, to be different though the fact bedrock was incorporated into the construction of G1 and G2 at their bases suggests some challenges to them adhering at least in part to a standard model.  

Edited by Thanos5150
  • Like 1

Once again…. Out of my depth here. I’m not an Egyptologist or architect…. But the way if I was an engineer I would  use a modified “chrozat” . Offsetting slightly. Ie not one above material squarely on the one below. Offset.

I have not read the research or anything but the other two ways seem sort of like like folly to me. Sheer force seems strong.  And I doubt I’m smarter than the architects of the pyramids.

just a pretty bad opinion of mine. Curious to read what all of uou say and look forward to it.

Edited by Nobu

13 minutes ago, Thanos5150 said:

They never stopped building with stepped cores which every OK and MK pyramid we have been able to ascertain its core make up is stepped. 

The Step Pyramid Within Charles Rigano

And regarding the pyramid of Meidum, as discussed HERE

Well, okay then.  I do stand corrected.

Good article.

• Like 3

On 6/7/2021 at 7:42 AM, aarvai said:

I always assumed it was the end result of “stacking Mastabas”, so more along the line of the Lauer model.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I always assumed it was the end result of “stacking Mastabas”, so more along the line of the Lauer model.

That is the current assumption but the first one and a few of the transitional forms also seemed to have tried the 'laid on' approach - I forget the official name of it - G1 and G2 might have been challenging as they included the existing ridge line. They may have built a step pyramid as it might have made moving the stones easier then filled in the steps as they finished. However, unless we find a tomb or document that has more information it will all remain speculation.

6 hours ago, Hanslune said:

That is the current assumption but the first one and a few of the transitional forms also seemed to have tried the 'laid on' approach - I forget the official name of it - G1 and G2 might have been challenging as they included the existing ridge line. They may have built a step pyramid as it might have made moving the stones easier then filled in the steps as they finished. However, unless we find a tomb or document that has more information it will all remain speculation.

Accretion (layers). 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Thanos5150 said:

Accretion (layers). 

What do you think the evidence is for accretion layers?

The stones in accretion layers were relatively small and set on a slant, tilting inwards. From the gash in Menkaure's Pyramid it can be seen that this Pyramid, which was built relatively soon after the Great Pyramid, does not appear to have accretion layers.

In the ascending passageway of the Great Pyramid, there is evidence of vertical joints, in particular the three large girdle stones which are set vertically. This might argue that the internal structure is built vertically, not tilted inwards  at an angle.

When Rudolf Gantenbrink explored the King's Chamber Southern air shaft he also found a vertical joint. He says ( from https://www.pyramidofman.com/plugs/ ):

> Between Block No. 15 and 16 we discovered a vertical joint. In the
> shafts such joints, which have a distinct static function, otherwise
> occur only proximate to the chambers. (For more information on the
> normal arrangement of joints, see GENERAL REMARKS at THE FINDINGS
> page.)
>
> It is a complete anomaly to find a vertical joint fully isolated in the nucleus of the pyramid.

Accretion layers tilted at an angle would not explain the vertical joint. However everything we see inside the pyramid is in a very thin North-South slice down the middle and may not be indicative of the overall construction.

Edited by aarvai

3 hours ago, aarvai said:

What do you think the evidence is for accretion layers?

The stones in accretion layers were relatively small and set on a slant, tilting inwards. From the gash in Menkaure's Pyramid it can be seen that this Pyramid, which was built relatively soon after the Great Pyramid, does not appear to have accretion layers.

In the ascending passageway of the Great Pyramid, there is evidence of vertical joints, in particular the three large girdle stones which are set vertically. This might argue that the internal structure is built vertically, not tilted inwards  at an angle.

When Rudolf Gantenbrink explored the King's Chamber Southern air shaft he also found a vertical joint. He says ( from https://www.pyramidofman.com/plugs/ ):

> Between Block No. 15 and 16 we discovered a vertical joint. In the
> shafts such joints, which have a distinct static function, otherwise
> occur only proximate to the chambers. (For more information on the
> normal arrangement of joints, see GENERAL REMARKS at THE FINDINGS
> page.)
>
> It is a complete anomaly to find a vertical joint fully isolated in the nucleus of the pyramid.

Accretion layers tilted at an angle would not explain the vertical joint. However everything we see inside the pyramid is in a very thin North-South slice down the middle and may not be indicative of the overall construction.

I did not say there was. It appeared to me Hanslune was reffering to accretion layers, which is what these diagrams show (sans slant), but he could not remember the name of this construction method.    

• 1 month later...

(Thinking)

1DiBiSn.jpg

researchgate.net/publication/346564585_The_Pyramid_of_Menkaure_at_Giza_A_Layman's_Guide

(Edward Leedskalnin, has a "small women in a box" (the pyramid builder's soulmate, or gift from covenant of that day)..............the box creates an invisible bubble and pathway, the ropes are lifting out a precut stone from that "small women in a box on the top's shadow"................the stone was cut and floated up from the earth like floating out of water, he only had to attach the ropes to the stone)

(The Rudimentary Method of pyramid building is as described in the illustration from the pdb...........TWO boxes in the top photo.............one box has the "small women in the box" (or is the small women in the box), it casts a shadow (invisible bubble and pathway, that follows along some material, rope or wood, or other to the stone in the earth)...............the structure below the "small box" is nearly identical and typically or always attached)

(In Reality)

(The Original Pyramids were cut out of stones the size of skyscrapers, imagine a stone the size of the World Trade Center One, in New York City, floating up out of the earth.................sometimes there is less involvement in the construction of a pyramid from an original pyramid builder, sometimes they only introduce material and the argument manifests itself or materializes out of thin air, but not in a predictable pattern..............that is also because, the work of an angels is really in view more then the pyramid builder..............think of an orchestra, there one or two leads, and the rest follow along and play much lesser roles) 

Edited by bilibite

1 hour ago, bilibite said:

(Thinking)

1DiBiSn.jpg

(The Original Pyramids were cut out of stones the size of skyscrapers, imagine a stone the size of the World Trade Center One, in New York City, floating up out of the earth.................sometimes there is less involvement in the construction of a pyramid from an original pyramid builder, sometimes they only introduce material and the argument manifests itself or materializes out of thin air, but not in a predictable pattern..............that is also because, the work of an angels is really in view more then the pyramid builder..............think of an orchestra, there one or two leads, and the rest follow along and play much lesser roles) 

...skyscraper size?  I seemed to have missed those could you tell us where they are at? Thanks. Our good friend Ed above use an engine and pulleys and other common methods of leverage to move his stones. He gets points for hard work, determination but not for magic.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

...skyscraper size?  I seemed to have missed those could you tell us where they are at? Thanks. Our good friend Ed above use an engine and pulleys and other common methods of leverage to move his stones. He gets points for hard work, determination but not for magic.

(Reply)

OQtKQh3.jpg

nature.com/articles/s41598-017-12908-0

(these super omega pyramids, were so heavy, if they were not used, they would gradually fall back into the earth, there is maybe another more exposed pyramid, we cannot say, but as they fall back because of the weight, they create artificial mountains)

Edited by bilibite

1 minute ago, bilibite said:

(Reply)

EDITING

[(Reply)]

-The above reply is superior to your reply as it has [ ] around them....

• Haha 2

(Thinking)

wMVcF9D.jpg

(There is another massive piece of stone the size of the largest skyscraper or greater, despite being pushed further down, its more reactive, may of been so massive that only the upper portion remains as part of the plate that is not properly identified, with the rest of the material discengrating over time, but because of its size, it fell down into the earth straight over time, it did not gradually fall over after piercing the earth like the other one that was said)

Edited by bilibite

25 minutes ago, bilibite said:

(Thinking)

wMVcF9D.jpg

(There is another massive piece of stone the size of the largest skyscraper or greater, despite being pushed further down, its more reactive, may of been so massive that only the upper portion remains as part of the plate that is not properly identified, with the rest of the material discengrating over time, but because of its size, it fell down into the earth straight over time, it did not gradually fall over after piercing the earth like the other one that was said)

Hi Bilibite

you write thinking at the start of some of your posts which reminds me of another member that used to post here are you using a new name/account?

• Like 1

Just now, closed for business said:

Hi Bilibite

you write thinking at the start of some of your posts which reminds me of another member that used to post here are you using a new name/account?

Are you suggesting the Greenland fella or the Pentium computer fella?

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Are you suggesting the Greenland fella or the Pentium computer fella?

Hi Hats

Not sure but it doesn’t seem like Mario but does remind me of someone from in the last year that did the same thing 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, closed for business said:

Hi Hats

Not sure but it doesn’t seem like Mario but does remind me of someone from in the last year that did the same thing 

Might be the same one but creative people tend to also be repetitive in being creative.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, closed for business said:

Hi Hats

Ohh yes....

• Like 1