Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jeff Bezos and his brother Mark will fly on New Shepard

Waspie_Dwarf

Blue Origin announces that Jeff Bezos and his brother Mark will join the auction winner on New Shepard’s first human flight on July 20th

Auction bidding is already at $2.8 million with nearly 6,000 participants from 143 countries. 

Bidding is underway now at BlueOrigin.com and concludes with a live online auction on June 12th. Anyone interested in bidding in the live auction must register by June 10th. Registration details can be found at BlueOrigin.com

The winning bidder will fly to space on New Shepard’s first human flight on July 20th

arrow3.gif  Read More: Blue Origin

Related story:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think it is a dumb risk for himself.   Obviously early flights will be more risky.   

• Like 1

It’s a good job that the article clarified it was Jeff Bezos himself that was going into space and not one of his clones or horcruxes.

• Haha 5

If I was that rich I sure would do it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I think it is a dumb risk for himself.   Obviously early flights will be more risky.   

So you think he should heroically send other people then?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

So you think he should heroically send other people then?

Absolutely.    

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Absolutely.    

There is a word for those that are prepared to let others take risks they are not prepared to take themselves... coward.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

There is a word for those that are prepared to let others take risks they are not prepared to take themselves... coward.

Bull****!!

Smart is the word I would use.   Not being a Guinea pig is not being a coward.   I would have refused to get shot out of a cannon.   I would have refused to test a bullet proof vest.   There are many dumb things I wouldn't do.   There would be more if I had $186 billion dollars.   

• Like 2

On 6/8/2021 at 12:32 PM, HSlim said:

Cool, can he stay there?

:rofl: I was going to say Stay there! ;)

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 11:00 AM, Myles said:

Shhh... let him go...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Smart is the word I would use.

Right.

One of you is a successful engineer, businessman and millionaire. The other makes posts on a forum.

I guess I know which one of of you and Bezos I think the term, "smart," most applies too.

Both Bezos and Branson have made fortunes knowing how to sell to people. Both know  that your idea of "smart" would bankrupt them. How many people do you think would buy tickets if Bezos and Branson both advertised their services as, "safe for you fools, but to dangerous for the likes of me!"

You carry on convincing yourself that cowardice is smart and billionaires are dumb, let the real smart people carry onmake the money

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Right.

One of you is a successful engineer, businessman and millionaire. The other makes posts on a forum.

I guess I know which one of of you and Bezos I think the term, "smart," most applies too.

Both Bezos and Branson have made fortunes knowing how to sell to people. Both know  that your idea of "smart" would bankrupt them. How many people do you think would buy tickets if Bezos and Branson both advertised their services as, "safe for you fools, but to dangerous for the likes of me!"

You carry on convincing yourself that cowardice is smart and billionaires are dumb, let the real smart people carry onmake the money

Succesfull people make dumb mistakes all the time.  

Remember when this site used to be strictly about cryptozoology, alternate history, ghosts, UFOs and the like?  

That was neat.  We should do that again instead of arguing about politics or whether or not it's smart for a billionaire to go to space.   We have Facebook and Twitter for that. 

And before some WA wants to make a comment about how I've only been a member for a couple years, I've been lurking here for about 10 years without feeling any need to post or comment. 

Just sayin'. 

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Related news...

"Mystery bidder pays £20m for flight to space with Amazon’s Jeff Bezos"

iNews report

Already posted:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Petition urges Jeff Bezos to blast into space – and stay there

By Monday morning, more than 77,000 had signed a petition on Change.org demanding the Amazon founder be kept from returning to Earth after participating in the first human space flight launched by his company Blue Origin.

“Billionaire’s [sic] should not exist … on earth, or in space, but should they decide the latter they should stay there,” read the description accompanying the petition, which was addressed “to the proletariat”.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jun/22/jeff-bezos-space-petition-blue-origin-flight