Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kamala Tells Guatemalan Immigrants "Do not come to the US border, you will be turned back"

OverSword

Speaking on her first overseas trip since taking office, she said the journey north was dangerous and would mainly benefit people smugglers.

Ms Harris warned people they would be turned back at the border.

She has been tasked by President Joe Biden with controlling a surge in migration at the southern border.

Ms Harris has described her task as finding solutions to tackle the root causes of the border crisis, including corruption and the lack of economic opportunities. Her staff say this first visit is primarily an information-gathering trip.

In a news conference alongside Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei, she warned against illegal migration to the US, saying: "Do not come. Do not come. The United States will continue to enforce our laws and secure our borders."

She added: "If you come to our border, you will be turned back."

Link

Who else said this? :whistle: 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Link

Who else said this? :whistle: 

After he cut economic development aid to Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras?

Oh, that guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Oh, that guy.

Excuses the current administration?  Why?  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Oh heck no. Didn't say that at all.

• Like 2

It was weird for 4 years in trump blamed obama and Hillary for his fails and blunders giving them more power than any other 2 meer mortals on the planet so i guess to follow suit biden will blame trump for all his blunders giving trump the power he only has in his dreams and minds of his subjects, comon joe blame st marmalade don.

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

It was weird for 4 years in trump blamed obama and Hillary for his fails and blunders giving them more power than any other 2 meer mortals on the planet so i guess to follow suit biden will blame trump for all his blunders giving trump the power he only has in his dreams and minds of his subjects, comon joe blame st marmalade don.

And for eight Obama blamed Bush. What’s your point?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Weird it's like all presidents and their agencies said the same thing for decades. but the people will happily blame each other all the while the immigration issues continue unchanged regardless of policy or walls being built.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Weird it's like all presidents and their agencies said the same thing for decades. but the people will happily blame each other all the while the immigration issues continue unchanged regardless of policy or walls being built.

It’s not brain surgery imo. Raise the annual number of immigrants allowed in by maybe double, lower the conditions threshold of giving asylum a bit, and let it be known if you are caught crossing illegally you will be banned from getting a visa for a decade.

• Like 2

Just now, OverSword said:

It’s not brain surgery imo. Raise the annual number of immigrants allowed in by maybe double, lower the conditions threshold of giving asylum a bit, and let it be known if you are caught crossing illegally you will be banned from getting a visa for a decade.

I would be all for that with perhaps the added penalty towards those employers who deliberately and knowingly hired illegals and acted as the lure to bring them here for profit instead of fleeing from a real danger.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I would be all for that with perhaps the added penalty towards those employers who deliberately and knowingly hired illegals and acted as the lure to bring them here for profit instead of fleeing from a real danger.

As far as that goes I’ve heard human trafficking makes more money for the Mexican cartels than cocaine does. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Because it's fun to pick on senile geriatrics's. I wish that Trump and Biden could be placed in a ring and allowed to fight, . They both mental issues, I can see it now! At the end of each round they need be briefed on if they are winning!:lol:

take card my friend

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Political Cartoons by Lisa Benson

• Haha 4

Guatemalan president to Biden: ‘Crisis is one of your own making,' don’t blame us

https://www.foxnews.com/media/hannity-exclusive-guatemalan-president-biden-administration-mixed-messaging

Giammattei told Carter that people are leaving Guatemala and being taken advantage of by the ruthless cartels and human trafficking "coyotes", in part because of mixed messaging from the United States.

Giammattei said the U.S. should be clearer in its messaging, and that humanitarian messages have routinely been "distorted" by coyotes to flood the border with unaccompanied minors – and benefit financially in the process.

"What they said [in the US] is that they will promote family unification – so the coyotes took the children and teenagers to the U.S., and the order was full, not only with people from Guatemala."

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 8:14 PM, Gromdor said:

I'd be for that but that is only half the problem.  This is something that we can blame Bush for.  He opened the borders for cheap labor (Republican) as well as for easy votes (democrat).  In order to fully solve the problem, illegals can't vote for 20 years and no entitlements for 10.  After all of that (for those that stay and make a go of it), they should be fully assimilated, prosperous, and conservative.

5 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I'd be for that but that is only half the problem.  This is something that we can blame Bush for.  He opened the borders for cheap labor (Republican) as well as for easy votes (democrat).  In order to fully solve the problem, illegals can't vote for 20 years and no entitlements for 10.  After all of that (for those that stay and make a go of it), they should be fully assimilated, prosperous, and conservative.

Only citizens can vote and only legal residents with valid social security numbers can get entitlements.  I suppose we could install a mind-control chip to make the fully assimilated and conservative.  It worked for the Borg after all.

Kamala Tells Guatemalan Immigrants "Do not come to the US border, you will be turned back"

Somehow, it's hard to believe that.  The people of Guatemala, even their President, doesn't believe it.  He even blames St Bidet for the mess.  If this current Administration was truly serious about closing/defending the border, they should have kept Trump's policies.  And if they didn't comprehend that, makes this Administration even more inept than they already appear to be.  Putin and Xi are already dial into that.

12 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Only citizens can vote and only legal residents with valid social security numbers can get entitlements.

Oh really????  Who’d thunk that?  If that is true then how is all of that happening?  Is it like Kamala saying “not to come, you will be turned away” and with the other hand, ushering them in.  Or “Hi, I’m from the government and I’m here to help”.  Typical bureaucratic plausible deniability.  And one wonders why no one trusts the government…

I suppose we could install a mind-control chip to make the fully assimilated and conservative.  It worked for the Borg after all.

Not quite, being conservative is being anti mind-control.  Being conservative is being individualistic.  That’s the opposite of the collective being programmed.  Trump was de-Borg-izing the government and trying to return it back to the people.  The Clown and his Muse in office now is foisting conformity on all of us, or trying to and the people are pushing back.

On 6/8/2021 at 5:33 PM, Likely Guy said:

Oh, that guy.

Who built the cages, Likely?

Just now, RavenHawk said:

Oh really????  Who’d thunk that?  If that is true then how is all of that happening?  Is it like Kamala saying “not to come, you will be turned away” and with the other hand, ushering them in.  Or “Hi, I’m from the government and I’m here to help”.  Typical bureaucratic plausible deniability.  And one wonders why no one trusts the government…

Not quite, being conservative is being anti mind-control.  Being conservative is being individualistic.  That’s the opposite of the collective being programmed.  Trump was de-Borg-izing the government and trying to return it back to the people.  The Clown and his Muse in office now is foisting conformity on all of us, or trying to and the people are pushing back.

It isn't happening.  It's a myth perpetuated to keep you angry and voting.

I think you are confusing the liberal/conservative scale with the libertarian/authoritarian scale.  The mere fact that you are trying to dictate what people think as a pre-requisite for citizenship shows that you are pro-mindcontroll.

RE the OP: who is she appealing to? This is not what their voter base wants, I would even say it's "out of character" for the DNC. What about their grand plan to flood the States with millions of future Dem voters (no ID required)? Very odd. Guess we'll have to wait and see where this goes.

31 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It isn't happening.  It's a myth perpetuated to keep you angry and voting.

If it is a myth then it’s purpose is to discourage us and keep us from voting.  Conservatives need no extra encouragement to get angry because of Progressive stupidity.

I think you are confusing the liberal/conservative scale with the libertarian/authoritarian scale. 

I think you are.  Liberal is not libertarian.  I use the spectrum that I have well defined many times.  The scale you are referring to is really a radial version of that spectrum.  Conservative pairs up with libertarian and liberal with authoritarian.  Liberal and authoritarian radiate outward on your scale.  The further out, the more control.  Conservative and libertarian like to stay 'tight' which gives more freedom.

The mere fact that you are trying to dictate what people think

I’m not the one trying to dictate what people think.  I'm trying to keep others from dictating to me what I should think using shame or cancel culture.

as a pre-requisite for citizenship shows that you are pro-mindcontroll.

I think there is a mindset that one needs to have in order to preserve the Original Intent.  That’s not mind control.  Every culture has it’s sensibilities.  It behooves that culture to maintain them as the ages progress.  You can try to preserve that or foist fundamental change.  Foisting fundamental change is not good citizenship.  It is what the Progressives are pushing that is mind control.  Madison had stated: “There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpation.”  Well, the Left is trying it both ways.  The Left is so desperate because they realize that they have limited time.  That is not a trait of being a good citizen.  I’ll leave you with a couple of letters from Washington (emphasis in bold):

The bosom of America is open to receive not only the Opulent and respectable Stranger, but the oppressed and persecuted of all Nations And Religions; whom we shall welcome to a participation of all our rights and privileges, if by decency and propriety of conduct they appear to merit the enjoyment.”

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy — a policy worthy of imitation. All possess alike liberty of conscience and immunities of citizenship.   It is now no more that toleration is spoken of as if it were the indulgence of one class of people that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights, for, happily, the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support.

As far as illegals go, do you think that “if by decency and propriety of conduct they appear to merit the enjoyment” of being a citizen?

As far as this Administration goes, do you think that “requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support” match up with what they have been doing in the last 100+ days?

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

If it is a myth then it’s purpose is to discourage us and keep us from voting.  Conservatives need no extra encouragement to get angry because of Progressive stupidity.

I think you are.  Liberal is not libertarian.  I use the spectrum that I have well defined many times.  The scale you are referring to is really a radial version of that spectrum.  Conservative pairs up with libertarian and liberal with authoritarian.  Liberal and authoritarian radiate outward on your scale.  The further out, the more control.  Conservative and libertarian like to stay 'tight' which gives more freedom.

I’m not the one trying to dictate what people think.  I'm trying to keep others from dictating to me what I should think using shame or cancel culture.

I think there is a mindset that one needs to have in order to preserve the Original Intent.  That’s not mind control.  Every culture has it’s sensibilities.  It behooves that culture to maintain them as the ages progress.  You can try to preserve that or foist fundamental change.  Foisting fundamental change is not good citizenship.  It is what the Progressives are pushing that is mind control.  Madison had stated: “There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpation.”  Well, the Left is trying it both ways.  The Left is so desperate because they realize that they have limited time.  That is not a trait of being a good citizen.  I’ll leave you with a couple of letters from Washington (emphasis in bold):

The bosom of America is open to receive not only the Opulent and respectable Stranger, but the oppressed and persecuted of all Nations And Religions; whom we shall welcome to a participation of all our rights and privileges, if by decency and propriety of conduct they appear to merit the enjoyment.”

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy — a policy worthy of imitation. All possess alike liberty of conscience and immunities of citizenship.   It is now no more that toleration is spoken of as if it were the indulgence of one class of people that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights, for, happily, the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support.

As far as illegals go, do you think that “if by decency and propriety of conduct they appear to merit the enjoyment” of being a citizen?

As far as this Administration goes, do you think that “requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support” match up with what they have been doing in the last 100+ days?

It always amuses me how you can take a statement of a few sentences into a reply of a wall of text.  Your personal definition of liberalism=authoritism is well, flawed to put it mildly.

As for "illegals"  meeting the simple requirement of  "if by decency and propriety of conduct they appear to merit the enjoyment” of being a citizen? I would say yes as the bulk of them are following our very laws regard asylum.  I would go so far as to point out the "requires only" part that conservatives seem to ignore. 

I question if you truly even read what you post: “The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy — a policy worthy of imitation. All possess alike liberty of conscience and immunities of citizenship.   It is now no more that toleration is spoken of as if it were the indulgence of one class of people that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights, for, happily, the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support.” 

Face it, the Founding Fathers were Liberals.  The only requirement they had for citizenship was not to be bigots, not to persecute and to be good citizens.   

40 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It always amuses me how you can take a statement of a few sentences into a reply of a wall of text.  Your personal definition of liberalism=authoritism is well, flawed to put it mildly.

As for "illegals"  meeting the simple requirement of  "if by decency and propriety of conduct they appear to merit the enjoyment” of being a citizen? I would say yes as the bulk of them are following our very laws regard asylum.  I would go so far as to point out the "requires only" part that conservatives seem to ignore. 

I question if you truly even read what you post: “The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy — a policy worthy of imitation. All possess alike liberty of conscience and immunities of citizenship.   It is now no more that toleration is spoken of as if it were the indulgence of one class of people that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights, for, happily, the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support.” 

Face it, the Founding Fathers were Liberals.  The only requirement they had for citizenship was not to be bigots, not to persecute and to be good citizens.   

Technically, they were little “l” liberals, or ideological liberals who thought freedom of thought was a good thing, freedom of debate a good thing. Big “L” Liberals, or political Liberals are something of a different fish. 

• Like 1