Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Survivor of Cultural Revolution Eviscerates CRT in American Schools

OverSword

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You surely must have heard the outrage over the training done by the Coca Cola corporation where the Caucasian employees were told to be less white?  How the hell do you even do that?  By stop repressing everyone all the time no doubt :lol:

No, I wasn't aware of that until just this moment.  And it wasn't just white employees...it was a link to training on linkdn sent to all employees.  But I still don't see what that has to do with CRT curriculum.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I think the basic point is that you have the intellectual academic theory which is an honest point of view with good observations and you have what the subject of this thread is, the way it's being utilized negatively in practice by some in an official capacity making children feel marginalized because of the color of their skin and that it is being used divisively in corporate training.

The reason I default to academic theory is because it provides a definition and because, regardless of what one thinks of the social sciences, there has undoubtedly been some thought and actual research put into it.  Of course I'm not going to use the definition Fox uses, I'll just let that term drift away into not meaning much because of its vagueness, like 'political correctness' before it.

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Maybe , but can you prove it?  Do you know they were?

Does it make a difference?  You accompany many of your statements with proper skepticism and don't claim 'proof' or 'knowledge'. Not sure why this proving standard all of a sudden applies to me.

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

By today's standards they most certainly may have been but how about by the standards of their ow era. 

I think they were racists by definition.  I believe there are quotes from even Lincoln roughly a century later suggesting that he thought that black people were an inferior race and I think suggested it was essentially biological.  I don't know what 'racist' could mean in any era if that idea doesn't count.  Some were slaveowners also, which is difficult to reconcile with 'non-racist'.

Good analogy with Sherlock Holmes, I understand what you are saying, yes people back then were overenthusiastic about the supernatural.  But just like with the illogical leap from the fact that our founders were racists to the idea that they were then 'evil', Sherlock Holmes believing in the supernatural doesn't then make him 'gullible' let's say.  Science had not advanced as far as it had today and hadn't provided more mundane explanations for the supposed supernatural.  Similarly, Lincoln could be viewed not as 'evil' but instead 'mistaken'; he's not a biologist, and the 'experts' at the time were likely saying the same thing about other races.  But Lincoln didn't treat slaves worse than animals, nor fight a war to perpetuate that.  I have no problem finding out the flaws of otherwise great people, makes them human and more relatable and inspiring, and the alternative is too cultish for me.

47 minutes ago, OverSword said:

making children feel

I can understand the concern here and I don't agree with teachers telling kids how they should feel necessarily about historical events, but I don't agree that this should come at the cost of relaying facts.  If a kid feels bad because a teacher taught that people of his race were evil, then that's wrong.  But if a kid learns the facts about our history and feels bad about it, that's the 'freedom of thought' we should want to happen, they're thinking for themselves and not being 'made' to feel a certain way.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

And I don't think you should be quick to dismiss the parallels being noted by people that have lived through hell that came from societies that ate themselves alive using standards that they see the practitioners, not the theorists of CRT.  

Too many Americans are disconnected and paying no attention.  It looks like the DC cabal is mobilizing and weaponizing the alphabet agencies to get ahead of any organized attempt at pushback by opponents to their agenda.  Citizens who want to resist their plans better begin letting their state legislatures know where the line is and make sure they understand exactly how far they can go without serious blowback occurring IN STATE.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

You surely must have heard the outrage over the training done by the Coca Cola corporation where the Caucasian employees were told to be less white?  How the hell do you even do that?  By stop repressing everyone all the time no doubt :lol:

here is some of the slides that were being used a whistle blower posted on twitter

EumL6uhXcAA6j4q?format=jpg&name=360x360EumL7vyWgAogGfQ?format=jpg&name=360x360EumL8YXWQAEzLHd?format=jpg&name=360x360EumL89pXcAEKT8_?format=jpg&name=360x360

But, I don't like sunburn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

Too many Americans are disconnected and paying no attention.  It looks like the DC cabal is mobilizing and weaponizing the alphabet agencies to get ahead of any organized attempt at pushback by opponents to their agenda.  Citizens who want to resist their plans better begin letting their state legislatures know where the line is and make sure they understand exactly how far they can go without serious blowback occurring IN STATE.  

You're nuts...and you legit should be banned from this forum.  You champion the TRAITORS that stormed the capitol.  You regularly imply violence and civil war is coming.  IT DOESN'T MATTER how many citizens want to resist a plan.  WE VOTE.  We choose who represents us, and who votes in our place.  Never in the history of America has everyone agreed what happens.  That's AMERICA!  You have this new thing of talking of traditional values...whatever that means.  Well, the traditional America is the majority rules...so lay down old man.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, OverSword said:

You surely must have heard the outrage over the training done by the Coca Cola corporation where the Caucasian employees were told to be less white?

From what I've read this wasn't 'training done', it was a link accessible through their training program and was not part of their curriculum.  And Coke took the link down.  

12 hours ago, OverSword said:

What "the right" are up in arms about is the way it's been utilized as just more racism by the so called practitioners of CRT.

The thing is that since people aren't going to bother adhering to what CRT actually means, this new 'CRT' that the right-wing have invented becomes simply a catch-all phrase for 'something race-related I don't like'.  You don't disagree with the data behind or the academic theory involved with real CRT, so if there was something that was derived from real CRT the right will glom it together with their made-up CRT and object to it based on a label.

13 hours ago, OverSword said:

What "the right" are up in arms about is the way it's been utilized as just more racism by the so called practitioners of CRT.

As an example, what do you mean 'practitioners of CRT'?  Is it the practitioners of academic CRT (which I don't believe you (or I) really know much about), or is the practitioners of this new right-wing CRT definition?  Why is 'CRT' even being linked or mentioned at all with this, why is CRT mentioned along with the idea of 'teaching children they are oppressors' since you don't seem to dispute that's not what real CRT actually argues?  I saw a link that indicated that the number of public schools where CRT is part of the curriculum is zero.

I don't identify much with my whiteness, since in my society I have the privilege of not having to, but if I did I'd find the idea of white dudes 'up in arms' about almost anything related to their race embarrassing.  Compared to other minorities and especially women it's like complaining about a hangnail, very snowflakey.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OverSword said:

Link

The article is not long, I encourage you to click the link and read the whole thing.

Xi Van Fleet joins the long list of ex-pats of communist countries who have now become American citizens to warn us that what is starting here is how it started there.  This list includes Manuel Martinez and Artur Pawlowski.  Mr Martinez has said he had escaped Cuba to get away from tyranny and that after here there is no other place to go.  We are the last gas station!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is nice to see many states banning it or at least debating whether to ban it.

Florida, Arkansas, Idaho, Oklahoma have already banned it.  

Michigan, Tennessee, Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, South Dakota, Arizona, Kentucky, Utah and New Hampshire are also debating bans on critical race theory.

• Like 4

On 6/10/2021 at 11:56 AM, aztek said:

opposition to crt is popping up nation wide, and it's only gaining momentum.  we need to stand up and protest mostly peaceful, if few schools/dept of ed buildings go up in flames overnight, well it would be understandable given how it makes people feel. it would be just a reaction to institutionalized racism.  gvmnt would bear all responsibility

I’m not advocating this, only wondering when it will happen because it is inevitable, when a free people become cornered and they can’t trust its government, it will leash out.  Not some disillusioned, disenfranchised fringe groups, but nationwide in a grassroots movement.  And Antifa has shown the path.  I am amazed that it hasn’t happened yet.  Institutionalized racism is more of an artificial construct.  All races are racist and all are privileged.  Everyone needs to get on the same page, and we were because of King, but that ended with Obama.  Everyone’s privilege needs to merge back into one common privilege (the Skeksis and urRu) or American Exceptionalism.  We are in Dark times and we can get out of it.

Racism has been a lever that the Left pulls to create chaos amongst minorities to win elections.  They stir up the minorities to get their vote and then when the election is over are forgotten once again.  The democratically controlled cities and states for the past 70 decades have treated minorities as inferior.  That is wrong.  Only a portion of our society is doing this.  Minorities should rise up, but they are rising up under the wrong banner.  It’s a banner that benefits the Left.  There is indeed a systemic racism going on but it is not white on black or cops hunting down blacks.  The statistics prove that.  Blacks make up 14% of the population, yet they commit 51% of murders.  There is a reason for that and it’s not what you think.  This systemic racism has been completely and totally misdiagnosed and the Left has twisted the truth once again.  Those responsible for racism are the blacks and the plantation owners.  In part, this racism is self-imposed by the blacks.  And the plantation owners are the democrats in power and not all of them are white. 

Slavery is supposed to be over, yet the plantation owner has trained them to remain on the plantation, that they can’t survive off of it.  That is why the black family has deteriorated.  The solution is to have the black become more active in the body politic.  That’s the banner to rise up under.  Vote out the incumbent and keep voting them out.  You do that for a generation and things will change for the better.  The excuse is that getting id to vote is too difficult.  So?!  That is so much BS because blacks need an id to get their welfare services.  Blacks need to step up, it is your duty as a citizen to assure that your information is correct and up to date.  Follow in the footsteps of King and not BLM.  You do that and it will secure the elections, because now, the Left can’t manipulate your votes.

Every race that has come to these shores have struggled to find their niche, some more (a lot more) than others, but all have.  It is something we share.  Those that don’t make it go back to where they came from.  That is what it means to be an American, to stick it out.  It may take extra effort but it is worth it.  And for those that put out, they will find more allies along the path.  You need to realize that our best days are ahead of us.  What the Left has tried to persuade us into believing is that our best days are behind us, which means that minorities can never add to the accomplishments of this great nation.  They will always be inferior.  The Enlightenment Age of the white race started this country, but if our future is bright, then there is plenty of room for all races to add to her.  Our history is not fully written, there are many chapters yet to come.  This country needs all hands on deck.  This country has a lot more growing and maturing to do and we must remain vigilant so that the shadow of tyranny doesn’t fall over the face of America.  It’s got us on the ropes but it hasn’t eclipsed us yet.  Xi Van Fleet isn’t the only voice rising up out of Loudoun County Virginia.  Will Loudoun become the new Concord and Lexington ushering in a new birth of freedom!?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 11:46 AM, Myles said:

It is nice to see many states banning it or at least debating whether to ban it.

Florida, Arkansas, Idaho, Oklahoma have already banned it.  

Michigan, Tennessee, Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, South Dakota, Arizona, Kentucky, Utah and New Hampshire are also debating bans on critical race theory.

The best way to defeat CRT is to reinstitute the 1776 Project!

• Like 1

“They see their children divided into an “oppressor” class and an “oppressed” class based on the color of their skin. The white kids are the oppressors who are taught to hate themselves, and the nonwhite kids are the oppressed who are taught to hate the white kids. Those Asian, black and Hispanic kids who don’t agree that they are oppressed, who don’t want to be robbed of their agency and looked upon as victims, and don’t want to hate their white friends, are judged also to be suffering from the dreadful scourge of “whiteness.” 

The above is a quote from the article I linked and it represents the point of view of mothers of school children, and I agree with completely.  I have white skin, but I am no racist oppressor.  I don’t hate people because of the color of their skin, I only hate people who deserve to be hated.  And I have no “white priviledge.” I worked my ass off for everything I’ve earned in this country, and it was my hard work that allowed me to advance, not the color of my skin.  I was born into poverty and my white skin didn’t change that.  It was my own efforts that changed it beginning with my service in the military forces of our country, which is open to able bodied citizens of OUR country, regardless of skin color, sex, or religion.

Edited by Guyver
Insert quore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 5:45 AM, Liquid Gardens said:

From what I've read this wasn't 'training done', it was a link accessible through their training program and was not part of their curriculum.  And Coke took the link down.  

Well it's not the only example.  Far from it.  In my city government they actually segregated people that work in city government and had them take training to be aware of their whiteness.  You can believe this insanity isn't real, but it is.  Or who knows, maybe you're among those that feel this is beneficial.  I don't.

The email that invited municipal workers said it was for "city employees who identify as white,” giving them a specific place to sign up for the class.

The training was called Internalized Racial Superiority, and the email about it said, “We’ll examine our complicity in the system of white supremacy . . . and begin to cultivate practices that enable us to interrupt racism in ways that are accountable to Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC)."

The city also offered a similar training for "city employees who identify as a person of color."

The training for that group was about how "American conditioning, socialization and history leads People of Color to internalize radicalized beliefs, ideas and behaviors about themselves, under girding the power of White Supremacy."

Link

• Like 3

Well I'll make you a deal, when teaching kids about the bad **** America has done over the years leads to us making iron in our backyards and killing all the sparrows leading into a famine after executing anybody remotely intellectual, THEN you can say that teaching CRT is has bad as Maoism. 

Until then, stop trying to whitewash history. That IS what these people where concerned about with those confederate statues, was it not? Hmmm, one's a symbol of white supremacy, the other challenges it, I wonder why the have a problem with one but not the other...

Edited by Autochthon1990

On 6/12/2021 at 12:24 PM, RavenHawk said:

I’m not advocating this, only wondering when it will happen because it is inevitable, when a free people become cornered and they can’t trust its government, it will leash out.  Not some disillusioned, disenfranchised fringe groups, but nationwide in a grassroots movement.  And Antifa has shown the path.  I am amazed that it hasn’t happened yet.  Institutionalized racism is more of an artificial construct.  All races are racist and all are privileged.  Everyone needs to get on the same page, and we were because of King, but that ended with Obama.  Everyone’s privilege needs to merge back into one common privilege (the Skeksis and urRu) or American Exceptionalism.  We are in Dark times and we can get out of it.

Racism has been a lever that the Left pulls to create chaos amongst minorities to win elections.  They stir up the minorities to get their vote and then when the election is over are forgotten once again.  The democratically controlled cities and states for the past 70 decades have treated minorities as inferior.  That is wrong.  Only a portion of our society is doing this.  Minorities should rise up, but they are rising up under the wrong banner.  It’s a banner that benefits the Left.  There is indeed a systemic racism going on but it is not white on black or cops hunting down blacks.  The statistics prove that.  Blacks make up 14% of the population, yet they commit 51% of murders.  There is a reason for that and it’s not what you think.  This systemic racism has been completely and totally misdiagnosed and the Left has twisted the truth once again.  Those responsible for racism are the blacks and the plantation owners.  In part, this racism is self-imposed by the blacks.  And the plantation owners are the democrats in power and not all of them are white. 

Slavery is supposed to be over, yet the plantation owner has trained them to remain on the plantation, that they can’t survive off of it.  That is why the black family has deteriorated.  The solution is to have the black become more active in the body politic.  That’s the banner to rise up under.  Vote out the incumbent and keep voting them out.  You do that for a generation and things will change for the better.  The excuse is that getting id to vote is too difficult.  So?!  That is so much BS because blacks need an id to get their welfare services.  Blacks need to step up, it is your duty as a citizen to assure that your information is correct and up to date.  Follow in the footsteps of King and not BLM.  You do that and it will secure the elections, because now, the Left can’t manipulate your votes.

Every race that has come to these shores have struggled to find their niche, some more (a lot more) than others, but all have.  It is something we share.  Those that don’t make it go back to where they came from.  That is what it means to be an American, to stick it out.  It may take extra effort but it is worth it.  And for those that put out, they will find more allies along the path.  You need to realize that our best days are ahead of us.  What the Left has tried to persuade us into believing is that our best days are behind us, which means that minorities can never add to the accomplishments of this great nation.  They will always be inferior.  The Enlightenment Age of the white race started this country, but if our future is bright, then there is plenty of room for all races to add to her.  Our history is not fully written, there are many chapters yet to come.  This country needs all hands on deck.  This country has a lot more growing and maturing to do and we must remain vigilant so that the shadow of tyranny doesn’t fall over the face of America.  It’s got us on the ropes but it hasn’t eclipsed us yet.  Xi Van Fleet isn’t the only voice rising up out of Loudoun County Virginia.  Will Loudoun become the new Concord and Lexington ushering in a new birth of freedom!?

Sure the left are the real racist, that's why David Duke, Yannapolis, Spencer, and that dude who got milkshaked where all at the last voting rights rally in ***** hats. 

Pointing out racism exists is /not/ the real racism, there is no plantation, there's just jackasses who want to turn a blind eye to why things are the way they are, because the truth sucks, and it /particularly/ sucks for conservatives who fought tooth and nail to keep the hegemony the way it is with minorities at the bottom of the totem pole, and of course themselves at the top. 

4 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

I wonder why the have a problem with one but not the other...

Because  one acknowledges history and the other is an attempt to erase it and start from zero.  I'm sure you're familiar with the saying about those that don't learn the lessons of history.  

• Like 2

Just now, OverSword said:

Because  one acknowledges history and the other is an attempt to erase it and start from zero.  I'm sure you're familiar with the saying about those that don't learn the lessons of history.  

Racist statues are not a source of education on history, books are, museums are. Statues are how we /glorify/ things. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

because the truth sucks, and it /particularly/ sucks for conservatives who fought tooth and nail to keep the hegemony the way it is with minorities at the bottom of the totem pole, and of course themselves at the top. 

Exactly what I mentioned above.  Which party freed black people from enslavement?  Who passed the equal rights act in the 60's?  Who fought against both those things?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Racist statues are not a source of education on history, books are, museums are. Statues are how we /glorify/ things. 

You mean like holocaust memorials?  Statues are a way to remember what has come before as well as just pretty things.

Now back to my policy of not getting into it with children.  :st

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Exactly what I mentioned above.  Which party freed black people from enslavement?  Who passed the equal rights act in the 60's?  Who fought against both those things?  

Which party did a complete 180 on all of those to win in the south? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The thing that amuses me about the Confederacy was that they were only around for roughly four years.  Metallica has been around for forty years.   Metallica clearly has 10x the history of the Confederacy, yet I don't see 10x the statues of them all over to commemorate them.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Which party did a complete 180 on all of those to win in the south? 

Fine, one last retort then I'm done with you.  You have answered your own question.

to win in the south

Politicians will do or say anything for power. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

In my city government they actually segregated people that work in city government and had them take training to be aware of their whiteness.  You can believe this insanity isn't real, but it is.  Or who knows, maybe you're among those that feel this is beneficial.  I don't.

Do you feel that there is no way that is going to be beneficial for anyone?  That's great that you feel that you've got the correct attitude on all things racial, but you're not seeing any evidence of many people who do not? 

Do you just object to the whole idea of diversity training?  Why?  What's the worse that could happen?  Because the only thing I can think of is that white people get their fee-fees hurt, usually because they misinterpret what is actually being taught and get ridiculously defensive.

59 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Statues are a way to remember what has come before as well as just pretty things.

That's incomplete, most to all statues are a way to honor who is being represented in the statue - I can't think of a single one that isn't, outside of more artsy/symbolic statues.  If they put a statue up of Hillary Clinton in your hometown, you really going to defend it with the above?  

49 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Do you just object to the whole idea of diversity training? 

I object that the color of my skin makes me need to be aware that I am a racist by default.   edit: life is diversity training.

49 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That's incomplete, most to all statues are a way to honor who is being represented in the statue - I can't think of a single one that isn't, outside of more artsy/symbolic statues.  If they put a statue up of Hillary Clinton in your hometown, you really going to defend it with the above?  

Fair enough.  And for the record I think those statues should be removed and the confederate flag never flown as those statues and that flag are traitorous symbols of a vanquished enemy.  But there are legal ways to get that accomplished and there is the way of the mob.  Government must follow it's own rules and the main rule for government is that it is the only entity legally allowed to use force.  They must never allow a mob to use force to do anything.  Not in the capitol, not in Portland and not in South Carolina.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3