Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Duke Fan

Obama: New religions will arise after contact with aliens

41 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Duke Fan

In a spate of recent interviews, former President Barack Obama repeatedly discusses UFOs. Obama claims that concrete proof of extraterrestrial life would not change any of his beliefs but would probably lead to the creation of “new religions.” What Obama is clearly not aware of is that the Bible already addresses the subject.

 

https://www.israel365news.com/192192/obama-new-religions-will-arise-after-contact-with-aliens-watch/

OBAMA: EXTRATERRESTRIALS AND NEW RELIGIONS “It’s interesting. It wouldn’t change my politics at all,” Obama said in a podcast interview on the Ezra Klein show last Tuesday. “Because my entire politics is premised on the fact that we are these tiny organisms on this little speck floating in the middle of space.”

Normally, such conjecture by a former president would be considered decidedly abnormal however next month, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and Secretary of Defense will be required to provide the intelligence and armed services committees of Congress with an unclassified report on “unidentified aerial phenomena.”

“The differences we have on this planet are real, they’re profound, and they cause tragedy as well as joy,” Obama said. “The best thing we can do is treat each other better, because we’re all we got.”

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ted hughes

EXTRATERRESTRIALS AND THE BIBLE

But the concept of extraterrestrials is no challenge for Bible-based belief. There is even a reference, albeit vague, to extraterrestrials in the Bible. The book of Judges 5:20-23 mentions the ambiguous ‘Meroz’, whose inhabitants have free will, and can choose whether or not to heed the call of God.

In his book, Chariot of the Gods, author Erich Von Daniken hypothesized that the prophet Ezekiel’s vision of a celestial chariot was actually an extraterrestrial spacecraft.  

Still others suggest that the Nephilim (literally “the fallen”) described in the pre-diluvian sixth chapter of Genesis were, in fact, extraterrestrials attracted to the daughters of men.

So it is entirely reasonable to conjecture that the astounding announcement that extraterrestrials exist would send spiritual shockwaves around the world.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but the author says the concept of ETs is no challenge for Bible-based belief, gives two examples -  but then goes on to say that it would send shock waves around the world. If it is not a challenge, why would it cause shock waves?

Also, I'm surprised people still reference Von Daniken- wasn't he debunked a long time ago?

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Duke Fan
12 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

EXTRATERRESTRIALS AND THE BIBLE

But the concept of extraterrestrials is no challenge for Bible-based belief. There is even a reference, albeit vague, to extraterrestrials in the Bible. The book of Judges 5:20-23 mentions the ambiguous ‘Meroz’, whose inhabitants have free will, and can choose whether or not to heed the call of God.

In his book, Chariot of the Gods, author Erich Von Daniken hypothesized that the prophet Ezekiel’s vision of a celestial chariot was actually an extraterrestrial spacecraft.  

Still others suggest that the Nephilim (literally “the fallen”) described in the pre-diluvian sixth chapter of Genesis were, in fact, extraterrestrials attracted to the daughters of men.

So it is entirely reasonable to conjecture that the astounding announcement that extraterrestrials exist would send spiritual shockwaves around the world.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but the author says the concept of ETs is no challenge for Bible-based belief, gives two examples -  but then goes on to say that it would send shock waves around the world. If it is not a challenge, why would it cause shock waves?

Also, I'm surprised people still reference Von Daniken- wasn't he debunked a long time ago?

 

I'm not sure if he was debunked a long time ago. Maybe someone with insight can answer your question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
32 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

Also, I'm surprised people still reference Von Daniken- wasn't he debunked a long time ago?

VonD was clever back in the day of CotGs fame he would try to word his theories as questions it would have been hard to quote him out right saying aliens this aliens that but its what he meant.

So sure most of his ideas were never really very strong and based on a rather belitting insutling concept that ancient people were so very moronic and incompetent that they couldnt stack a rock on top of another one without help from aliens.

As far as this thread goes its a bit of a no brainer of course if it was proven aliens were here it would change the world view and likely new religions would form,  but aliens are not here so its a moot point.

New religions forum all the time look at the people who worship trump as their messiah.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
54 minutes ago, Duke Fan said:

In a spate of recent interviews, former President Barack Obama repeatedly discusses UFOs. Obama claims that concrete proof of extraterrestrial life would not change any of his beliefs but would probably lead to the creation of “new religions.” What Obama is clearly not aware of is that the Bible already addresses the subject.

 

https://www.israel365news.com/192192/obama-new-religions-will-arise-after-contact-with-aliens-watch/

OBAMA: EXTRATERRESTRIALS AND NEW RELIGIONS “It’s interesting. It wouldn’t change my politics at all,” Obama said in a podcast interview on the Ezra Klein show last Tuesday. “Because my entire politics is premised on the fact that we are these tiny organisms on this little speck floating in the middle of space.”

Normally, such conjecture by a former president would be considered decidedly abnormal however next month, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and Secretary of Defense will be required to provide the intelligence and armed services committees of Congress with an unclassified report on “unidentified aerial phenomena.”

“The differences we have on this planet are real, they’re profound, and they cause tragedy as well as joy,” Obama said. “The best thing we can do is treat each other better, because we’re all we got.”

That interpretation of Judges is to me a stretch, like all interpretations of the Bible there is much keft unexplained. I do have a question for you though, which book is this interpretation in the Old or the New Testament??

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Duke Fan
19 minutes ago, the13bats said:

  but aliens are not here

 

You don't know this!

Edited by Duke Fan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

Learning about new religions from Obama isn't likely to be a big draw :) 

As for ET causing new forms of belief, many Christians already believe this is referenced by Second Thessalonians 9-12:

 

9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 
10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 
11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 
12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
2 hours ago, Duke Fan said:

You don't know this!

Not my burden to prove a negative.

If you believe aliens are here i am open for you to present your proof of it.

Stories of course are not proof.

If you have no proof to offer to the contrary then yes, i do know aliens are not here.

Edited by the13bats
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
1 hour ago, and then said:

Learning about new religions from Obama isn't likely to be a big draw :) 

Lets be fair i never saw ( 2 term ) obama say that he was doing that,

However, the one termer sore loser st marmalade failsalot  does expect his subjects to bow head and bend knee for him, im not saying that it is but some would compare him to jim jones or doh applesauce.

Now that st M is gone, fired poor old obama isnt brought up and blamed daily for one of donnys fails so sure obama will likely take what interviews he can get.

Trump reminds me of a song "the shock of point 6" by "thrill kill Kult"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

That interpretation of Judges is to me a stretch, like all interpretations of the Bible there is much keft unexplained. I do have a question for you though, which book is this interpretation in the Old or the New Testament??

@Duke Fan I have already asked the above question please do me a favor and answer it????

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ted hughes
3 hours ago, the13bats said:

VonD was clever back in the day of CotGs fame he would try to word his theories as questions it would have been hard to quote him out right saying aliens this aliens that but its what he meant.

So sure most of his ideas were never really very strong and based on a rather belitting insutling concept that ancient people were so very moronic and incompetent that they couldnt stack a rock on top of another one without help from aliens.

As far as this thread goes its a bit of a no brainer of course if it was proven aliens were here it would change the world view and likely new religions would form,  but aliens are not here so its a moot point.

New religions forum all the time look at the people who worship trump as their messiah.

What a clever observation! If challenged, in effect he can say, I never said it! A bit like protection racketeers saying, Nice place you have, be a shame if it burnt down one night.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
35 minutes ago, the13bats said:

'my life with the thrill kill Kult"

YEAH BOY!!!!!! CHAINSAW CARVING MUSIC!!!!  :yes:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
3 hours ago, Duke Fan said:

You don't know this!

I do, why would you say that??

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish

I personally don't care. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
11 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

What a clever observation! If challenged, in effect he can say, I never said it! A bit like protection racketeers saying, Nice place you have, be a shame if it burnt down one night.

Yeah i find it rather cheese richard to not be true to what one is selling, i see several people here in the UFO section who make it rather obvious they think aliens are here and some even likely want to think UFO the term means aliens.

Yet they get all squrrily about admitting they believe and i dont get that if you believe in something be strong in your conviction.

Now Von D my nsho is he just wanted to make a buck in a PT Barnum type way.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
38 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

I personally don't care. 

What new about that, you don't care about anything my friend!:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

What new about that, you don't care about anything my friend!:lol:

This in particular. Hell, from what I can tell. It seems that politics and political views are the "new religion". So forget aliens. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
5 hours ago, ted hughes said:

EXTRATERRESTRIALS AND THE BIBLE

But the concept of extraterrestrials is no challenge for Bible-based belief. There is even a reference, albeit vague, to extraterrestrials in the Bible. The book of Judges 5:20-23 mentions the ambiguous ‘Meroz’, whose inhabitants have free will, and can choose whether or not to heed the call of God.

In his book, Chariot of the Gods, author Erich Von Daniken hypothesized that the prophet Ezekiel’s vision of a celestial chariot was actually an extraterrestrial spacecraft.  

Still others suggest that the Nephilim (literally “the fallen”) described in the pre-diluvian sixth chapter of Genesis were, in fact, extraterrestrials attracted to the daughters of men.

So it is entirely reasonable to conjecture that the astounding announcement that extraterrestrials exist would send spiritual shockwaves around the world.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but the author says the concept of ETs is no challenge for Bible-based belief, gives two examples -  but then goes on to say that it would send shock waves around the world. If it is not a challenge, why would it cause shock waves?

Also, I'm surprised people still reference Von Daniken- wasn't he debunked a long time ago?

 

Anyone who practices any form of the Christian religion can not say with a straight face that Christianity excepts the concept of Aliens. I mean according to the Bible who wouid these Aliens be, maybe one of the Lost Tribes of Israel!!!:devil:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
50 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

This in particular. Hell, from what I can tell. It seems that politics and political views are the "new religion". So forget aliens. 

I totally agree with you, political awareness is the New Age Religion!!:devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly

It seems to me that Hedonism is the new 'religion'.   Consumerism and the worship of possessions and 'social' position.

politics has devolved into little more than a childish argumement based on opinion rather than fact. ?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth
7 hours ago, Duke Fan said:

 What Obama is clearly not aware of is that the Bible already addresses the subject.

What verses(s) do you have in mind?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Anyone who practices any form of the Christian religion can not say with a straight face that Christianity excepts the concept of Aliens. I mean according to the Bible who wouid these Aliens be, maybe one of the Lost Tribes of Israel!!!:devil:

399ozb9y3xy41.jpg

Meet the angels. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
1 minute ago, Xeno-Fish said:

399ozb9y3xy41.jpg

Meet the angels. 

Jesus Christ, are they from heaven or Hell because those are some evil looking fellows!

07CCBE8C-6AE3-4A34-9CAF-4DBA52A98A7B-3793-000007735F77EB3D.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Jesus Christ, are they from heaven or Hell because those are some evil looking fellows!

07CCBE8C-6AE3-4A34-9CAF-4DBA52A98A7B-3793-000007735F77EB3D.jpg

They're not people with wings or flying fat babies. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.