Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama: New religions will arise after contact with aliens

user189548

In a spate of recent interviews, former President Barack Obama repeatedly discusses UFOs. Obama claims that concrete proof of extraterrestrial life would not change any of his beliefs but would probably lead to the creation of “new religions.” What Obama is clearly not aware of is that the Bible already addresses the subject.

https://www.israel365news.com/192192/obama-new-religions-will-arise-after-contact-with-aliens-watch/

OBAMA: EXTRATERRESTRIALS AND NEW RELIGIONS “It’s interesting. It wouldn’t change my politics at all,” Obama said in a podcast interview on the Ezra Klein show last Tuesday. “Because my entire politics is premised on the fact that we are these tiny organisms on this little speck floating in the middle of space.”

Normally, such conjecture by a former president would be considered decidedly abnormal however next month, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and Secretary of Defense will be required to provide the intelligence and armed services committees of Congress with an unclassified report on “unidentified aerial phenomena.”

“The differences we have on this planet are real, they’re profound, and they cause tragedy as well as joy,” Obama said. “The best thing we can do is treat each other better, because we’re all we got.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

EXTRATERRESTRIALS AND THE BIBLE

But the concept of extraterrestrials is no challenge for Bible-based belief. There is even a reference, albeit vague, to extraterrestrials in the Bible. The book of Judges 5:20-23 mentions the ambiguous ‘Meroz’, whose inhabitants have free will, and can choose whether or not to heed the call of God.

In his book, Chariot of the Gods, author Erich Von Daniken hypothesized that the prophet Ezekiel’s vision of a celestial chariot was actually an extraterrestrial spacecraft.  

Still others suggest that the Nephilim (literally “the fallen”) described in the pre-diluvian sixth chapter of Genesis were, in fact, extraterrestrials attracted to the daughters of men.

So it is entirely reasonable to conjecture that the astounding announcement that extraterrestrials exist would send spiritual shockwaves around the world.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but the author says the concept of ETs is no challenge for Bible-based belief, gives two examples -  but then goes on to say that it would send shock waves around the world. If it is not a challenge, why would it cause shock waves?

Also, I'm surprised people still reference Von Daniken- wasn't he debunked a long time ago?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

But the concept of extraterrestrials is no challenge for Bible-based belief. There is even a reference, albeit vague, to extraterrestrials in the Bible. The book of Judges 5:20-23 mentions the ambiguous ‘Meroz’, whose inhabitants have free will, and can choose whether or not to heed the call of God.

In his book, Chariot of the Gods, author Erich Von Daniken hypothesized that the prophet Ezekiel’s vision of a celestial chariot was actually an extraterrestrial spacecraft.  

Still others suggest that the Nephilim (literally “the fallen”) described in the pre-diluvian sixth chapter of Genesis were, in fact, extraterrestrials attracted to the daughters of men.

So it is entirely reasonable to conjecture that the astounding announcement that extraterrestrials exist would send spiritual shockwaves around the world.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but the author says the concept of ETs is no challenge for Bible-based belief, gives two examples -  but then goes on to say that it would send shock waves around the world. If it is not a challenge, why would it cause shock waves?

Also, I'm surprised people still reference Von Daniken- wasn't he debunked a long time ago?

I'm not sure if he was debunked a long time ago. Maybe someone with insight can answer your question.

32 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

VonD was clever back in the day of CotGs fame he would try to word his theories as questions it would have been hard to quote him out right saying aliens this aliens that but its what he meant.

So sure most of his ideas were never really very strong and based on a rather belitting insutling concept that ancient people were so very moronic and incompetent that they couldnt stack a rock on top of another one without help from aliens.

As far as this thread goes its a bit of a no brainer of course if it was proven aliens were here it would change the world view and likely new religions would form,  but aliens are not here so its a moot point.

New religions forum all the time look at the people who worship trump as their messiah.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Duke Fan said:

In a spate of recent interviews, former President Barack Obama repeatedly discusses UFOs. Obama claims that concrete proof of extraterrestrial life would not change any of his beliefs but would probably lead to the creation of “new religions.” What Obama is clearly not aware of is that the Bible already addresses the subject.

https://www.israel365news.com/192192/obama-new-religions-will-arise-after-contact-with-aliens-watch/

OBAMA: EXTRATERRESTRIALS AND NEW RELIGIONS “It’s interesting. It wouldn’t change my politics at all,” Obama said in a podcast interview on the Ezra Klein show last Tuesday. “Because my entire politics is premised on the fact that we are these tiny organisms on this little speck floating in the middle of space.”

Normally, such conjecture by a former president would be considered decidedly abnormal however next month, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and Secretary of Defense will be required to provide the intelligence and armed services committees of Congress with an unclassified report on “unidentified aerial phenomena.”

“The differences we have on this planet are real, they’re profound, and they cause tragedy as well as joy,” Obama said. “The best thing we can do is treat each other better, because we’re all we got.”

That interpretation of Judges is to me a stretch, like all interpretations of the Bible there is much keft unexplained. I do have a question for you though, which book is this interpretation in the Old or the New Testament??

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, the13bats said:

but aliens are not here

You don't know this!

Edited by Duke Fan
  • Like 2

Learning about new religions from Obama isn't likely to be a big draw :) 

As for ET causing new forms of belief, many Christians already believe this is referenced by Second Thessalonians 9-12:

9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 
10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 
11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 
12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

2 hours ago, Duke Fan said:

You don't know this!

Not my burden to prove a negative.

If you believe aliens are here i am open for you to present your proof of it.

Stories of course are not proof.

If you have no proof to offer to the contrary then yes, i do know aliens are not here.

Edited by the13bats
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• The title was changed to Obama: New religions will arise after contact with aliens
1 hour ago, and then said:

Learning about new religions from Obama isn't likely to be a big draw :) 

Lets be fair i never saw ( 2 term ) obama say that he was doing that,

However, the one termer sore loser st marmalade failsalot  does expect his subjects to bow head and bend knee for him, im not saying that it is but some would compare him to jim jones or doh applesauce.

Now that st M is gone, fired poor old obama isnt brought up and blamed daily for one of donnys fails so sure obama will likely take what interviews he can get.

Trump reminds me of a song "the shock of point 6" by "thrill kill Kult"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

That interpretation of Judges is to me a stretch, like all interpretations of the Bible there is much keft unexplained. I do have a question for you though, which book is this interpretation in the Old or the New Testament??

@Duke Fan I have already asked the above question please do me a favor and answer it????

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

VonD was clever back in the day of CotGs fame he would try to word his theories as questions it would have been hard to quote him out right saying aliens this aliens that but its what he meant.

So sure most of his ideas were never really very strong and based on a rather belitting insutling concept that ancient people were so very moronic and incompetent that they couldnt stack a rock on top of another one without help from aliens.

As far as this thread goes its a bit of a no brainer of course if it was proven aliens were here it would change the world view and likely new religions would form,  but aliens are not here so its a moot point.

New religions forum all the time look at the people who worship trump as their messiah.

What a clever observation! If challenged, in effect he can say, I never said it! A bit like protection racketeers saying, Nice place you have, be a shame if it burnt down one night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, the13bats said:

'my life with the thrill kill Kult"

YEAH BOY!!!!!! CHAINSAW CARVING MUSIC!!!!  :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Duke Fan said:

You don't know this!

I do, why would you say that??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

What a clever observation! If challenged, in effect he can say, I never said it! A bit like protection racketeers saying, Nice place you have, be a shame if it burnt down one night.

Yeah i find it rather cheese richard to not be true to what one is selling, i see several people here in the UFO section who make it rather obvious they think aliens are here and some even likely want to think UFO the term means aliens.

Yet they get all squrrily about admitting they believe and i dont get that if you believe in something be strong in your conviction.

Now Von D my nsho is he just wanted to make a buck in a PT Barnum type way.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

I personally don't care. 

What new about that, you don't care about anything my friend!:lol:

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

What new about that, you don't care about anything my friend!:lol:

This in particular. Hell, from what I can tell. It seems that politics and political views are the "new religion". So forget aliens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ted hughes said:

Anyone who practices any form of the Christian religion can not say with a straight face that Christianity excepts the concept of Aliens. I mean according to the Bible who wouid these Aliens be, maybe one of the Lost Tribes of Israel!!!:devil:

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

This in particular. Hell, from what I can tell. It seems that politics and political views are the "new religion". So forget aliens. 

I totally agree with you, political awareness is the New Age Religion!!:devil:

It seems to me that Hedonism is the new 'religion'.   Consumerism and the worship of possessions and 'social' position.

politics has devolved into little more than a childish argumement based on opinion rather than fact. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Duke Fan said:

What Obama is clearly not aware of is that the Bible already addresses the subject.

What verses(s) do you have in mind?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Anyone who practices any form of the Christian religion can not say with a straight face that Christianity excepts the concept of Aliens. I mean according to the Bible who wouid these Aliens be, maybe one of the Lost Tribes of Israel!!!:devil:

399ozb9y3xy41.jpg

Meet the angels. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Xeno-Fish said:

399ozb9y3xy41.jpg

Meet the angels. 

Jesus Christ, are they from heaven or Hell because those are some evil looking fellows!

07CCBE8C-6AE3-4A34-9CAF-4DBA52A98A7B-3793-000007735F77EB3D.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Jesus Christ, are they from heaven or Hell because those are some evil looking fellows!

07CCBE8C-6AE3-4A34-9CAF-4DBA52A98A7B-3793-000007735F77EB3D.jpg

They're not people with wings or flying fat babies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2