Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Microsoft looks ready to launch Windows 11

Eldorado

Microsoft has been teasing a “next generation” of Windows for months now, but new hints suggest the company isn’t just preparing an update to its existing Windows 10 software, but a new, numbered version of the operating system: Windows 11.

The software giant announced a new Windows event for June 24th yesterday, promising to show “what’s next for Windows.” The event invite included an image of what looks like a new Windows logo, with light shining through the window in only two vertical bars, creating an outline that looks very much like the number 11. Microsoft followed up with an animated version of this image, making it clear the company intentionally ignored the horizontal bars.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/3/22466394/microsoft-windows-11-launch-teaser-rumors

• Like 5

Xeno-Fish

Will it have event more Big Brother surveillance technology? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

acute

They swore there would never be a Windows 11.

But, surely it has to be better than the bloated and disorganized Windows ******* 10.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ouija ouija
16 minutes ago, acute said:

But, surely it has to be better than the bloated and disorganized Windows ******* 10.

"Bloated and disorganised"? 'Pot, kettle, black' young man . . . 'pot, kettle, black'! :lol:

• Haha 4

acute
6 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

"Bloated and disorganised"? 'Pot, kettle, black' young man . . . 'pot, kettle, black'! :lol:

Shouldn't you be in St. Ives, slapping Emmanuel Macron? :huh:

• Haha 4

third_eye

Ex missus gotta get alimony payments... 

~

Tatetopa
3 hours ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Will it have event more Big Brother surveillance technology? 

They already seem to have a pretty thorough capability.  Unless I pay cash for ingredients and cook it secretly on my Pre-Alexia appliances, it seems to know what I had for lunch whether I went to a burger joint or got carry out from the Asian place.  An hour later, I get  ads, surveys, and coupons for next time.

So far I have been spared the humiliation of an Alexia toilet telling me I don't eat enough fiber or that I need to cut down on sweets and get more exercise.  A fresh hell for our children to deal with, being bullied by their own toilet.

• Haha 2

acute
2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

They already seem to have a pretty thorough capability.  Unless I pay cash for ingredients and cook it secretly on my Pre-Alexia appliances, it seems to know what I had for lunch whether I went to a burger joint or got carry out from the Asian place.  An hour later, I get  ads, surveys, and coupons for next time.

When I first started using Windows ******* 10,  I found a website that tells you how to prevent as much spying as you can. I followed the instructions, and the settings were hidden all over the place!  I also disabled the webcam, because I never use it.

Also, have you noticed that the Edge browser doesn't turn off when you close it?

• Like 2

Hammerclaw

I just hope it's not as big a CF as 10 became, over the years and that it has a spell check with more than a fifth grade vocabulary and it's without that GD One Drive.

Eldorado

Microsoft says it will stop supporting Windows 10 in 2025, as it prepares to unveil a major revamp of its Windows operating system later this month.

When Windows 10 was launched, Microsoft said it was intended to be the final version of the operating system.

But from 14 October 2025, there will be no new updates or security fixes for either the Home or Pro versions.

And Microsoft says its successor will represent one of the "most significant updates" to the OS in the past decade.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57443598

• Like 1

acute
3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Microsoft says it will stop supporting Windows 10 in 2025,

If my laptop lasts til then, I will be happy to lay it to rest. A bit like this:

https://youtu.be/jXroKB4PRuM?t=80

• Haha 1