Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Microsoft looks ready to launch Windows 11

Eldorado

Microsoft has been teasing a “next generation” of Windows for months now, but new hints suggest the company isn’t just preparing an update to its existing Windows 10 software, but a new, numbered version of the operating system: Windows 11.

The software giant announced a new Windows event for June 24th yesterday, promising to show “what’s next for Windows.” The event invite included an image of what looks like a new Windows logo, with light shining through the window in only two vertical bars, creating an outline that looks very much like the number 11. Microsoft followed up with an animated version of this image, making it clear the company intentionally ignored the horizontal bars.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/3/22466394/microsoft-windows-11-launch-teaser-rumors

• Like 5

They swore there would never be a Windows 11.

But, surely it has to be better than the bloated and disorganized Windows ******* 10.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, acute said:

But, surely it has to be better than the bloated and disorganized Windows ******* 10.

"Bloated and disorganised"? 'Pot, kettle, black' young man . . . 'pot, kettle, black'! :lol:

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

"Bloated and disorganised"? 'Pot, kettle, black' young man . . . 'pot, kettle, black'! :lol:

Shouldn't you be in St. Ives, slapping Emmanuel Macron? :huh:

• Haha 5

Ex missus gotta get alimony payments... 

~

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Will it have event more Big Brother surveillance technology? 

They already seem to have a pretty thorough capability.  Unless I pay cash for ingredients and cook it secretly on my Pre-Alexia appliances, it seems to know what I had for lunch whether I went to a burger joint or got carry out from the Asian place.  An hour later, I get  ads, surveys, and coupons for next time.

So far I have been spared the humiliation of an Alexia toilet telling me I don't eat enough fiber or that I need to cut down on sweets and get more exercise.  A fresh hell for our children to deal with, being bullied by their own toilet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

They already seem to have a pretty thorough capability.  Unless I pay cash for ingredients and cook it secretly on my Pre-Alexia appliances, it seems to know what I had for lunch whether I went to a burger joint or got carry out from the Asian place.  An hour later, I get  ads, surveys, and coupons for next time.

When I first started using Windows ******* 10,  I found a website that tells you how to prevent as much spying as you can. I followed the instructions, and the settings were hidden all over the place!  I also disabled the webcam, because I never use it.

Also, have you noticed that the Edge browser doesn't turn off when you close it?

• Like 2

I just hope it's not as big a CF as 10 became, over the years and that it has a spell check with more than a fifth grade vocabulary and it's without that GD One Drive.

Microsoft says it will stop supporting Windows 10 in 2025, as it prepares to unveil a major revamp of its Windows operating system later this month.

When Windows 10 was launched, Microsoft said it was intended to be the final version of the operating system.

But from 14 October 2025, there will be no new updates or security fixes for either the Home or Pro versions.

And Microsoft says its successor will represent one of the "most significant updates" to the OS in the past decade.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57443598

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 6:53 PM, Eldorado said:

Microsoft says it will stop supporting Windows 10 in 2025, as it prepares to unveil a major revamp of its Windows operating system later this month.

When Windows 10 was launched, Microsoft said it was intended to be the final version of the operating system.

But from 14 October 2025, there will be no new updates or security fixes for either the Home or Pro versions.

And Microsoft says its successor will represent one of the "most significant updates" to the OS in the past decade.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57443598

No doubt Microsoft will be charging for the upgrade service , and therefor all new computers will be in the 11 series , so if you want to keep up to date you will have to upgrade your windows 10  or buy a new windows 11 .  

• Like 1

Great, even more buried options, less transparency, more clicks to reach what you want to get, time again to waste time searching the web on how to bring back desktop icons, or how to keep visible menus and only to find out that you cant, because we need to click more!!

Thanks MS, I just keep hating more and more new systems. 

I hate cellphones ALL OF THEM, because of the user friendly interface.....it just (doesnt) work

I hated MS when they kept throwing out updates to force stop users from using sofware that brought back start menu, because phone users might be confused when using a computers, for foke sake.

I hate W10 from all the bloatware and buried options.

I hate W10 because I can not, in many instances, install applications in different drives, I KFC HATE installing software in C drive, as most of them will work without the need to reinstall after a C format.

It was a KFC nightmare to discover how to bring back Iexplorer11 (I had the need to use it due to site compatibility and JAVA)

I KFC Google Chrome, another crap browser that keeps moving itself back to C drive, not to speak the crap search results.

Its weird, but XP and all of its flaws was actually more user friendly than recents SOs.

Edited by godnodog

On 6/17/2021 at 1:22 PM, spud the mackem said:

No doubt Microsoft will be charging for the upgrade service , and therefor all new computers will be in the 11 series , so if you want to keep up to date you will have to upgrade your windows 10  or buy a new windows 11 .  

I bought a windows 10 Pro key in scdeys for +-15E 4 years ago, no issues whatsoever. So I will be doing the same with W11.

Edited by godnodog

On 6/11/2021 at 6:29 PM, Tatetopa said:

So far I have been spared the humiliation of an Alexia toilet telling me I don't eat enough fiber or that I need to cut down on sweets and get more exercise.  A fresh hell for our children to deal with, being bullied by their own toilet. 

O&O ShutUp10 means you have full control over which comfort functions under Windows 10 you wish to use, and you decide when the passing on of your data goes too far. Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated.

:yes:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, godnodog said:

*snip*

Its weird, but XP and all of its flaws was actually more user friendly than recents SOs.

I agree; XP was a bit raw but it felt more intuitive to me, and I never found myself scratching my head as to how to find something in the settings or control panel etc.

I have had to Google multiple things for 10 that Would have taken a few clicks in XP.

They should release a ‘raw’ edition as well as a ‘consumer friendly’ edition.

• Like 2

From what I've been told, windows 11 is Win 10 optimised for the new gen big chip little chip CPU hardware architecture and little else...

~

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

From what I've been told, windows 11 is Win 10 optimised for the new gen big chip little chip CPU hardware architecture and little else...

~

Hiya No.3 Eye , long time no speak I hope you are well , the problem is ,what they tell you and what they give you is different , they promised that W 10 , would be the last , until some wise ass kid decided to upgrade to give Windows more money and make a name for himself , so be it ,now W11 is on the horizon . and no doubt that there will be a charge to upgrade because you don't get something for nothing . Best Wishes , S.T.M  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Hiya No.3 Eye , long time no speak I hope you are well , the problem is ,what they tell you and what they give you is different , they promised that W 10 , would be the last , until some wise ass kid decided to upgrade to give Windows more money and make a name for himself , so be it ,now W11 is on the horizon . and no doubt that there will be a charge to upgrade because you don't get something for nothing .

As well as can be expected and to ye as well. 

Microsoft official launch is soon so we'll know for sure then. Fact is due to the present conditions, all these standards aren't exactly new technology, it's the "new normal" and market niche requirements that is forcing (in a way) the industry to get the speedy makeover. 

These new CPU standards are just catered specially for the work and education from home specifications, another way of saying just in case, the pandemic takes a turn for the worst case scenario. 

~

4 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Best Wishes , S.T.M  

And more to ye in return, spudsey 

~

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Windows 11 will be available on October 5th

After months of hype, Windows 11 has a release date. Microsoft has announced that Windows 11 will be available on October 5th, both as a free upgrade for qualifying Windows 10 systems as well as new PCs shipping with the OS pre-installed.

Don't assume you'll get the upgrade on day one, though. This is a gradual rollout that will prioritize newer hardware and use "intelligence models" to determine who gets the upgrade first, including reliability and device age. All supporting machines will get the update by mid-2022, but this suggests you may be toward the back of the queue if you're using relatively old hardware.

https://www.engadget.com/windows-11-release-date-132605467.html

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-08-31-windows-11-launches-next-month

2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

This is a gradual rollout that will prioritize newer hardware and use "intelligence models" to determine who gets the upgrade first

Read "intelligence models" as "monitoring every scrap of your daily existence, right down to the size of your John Thomas", and "upgrade" as "mostly useless bloatware crap that .0000001% of users ever use".

I love Microsoft...

tumblr_mixjrnS4Rp1rdk8d7o1_250.gif

• 1 month later...

Windows 11 launches as free upgrade with new start screen

Microsoft is launching Windows 11 on Tuesday as a free upgrade, introducing a new start screen and user interface designed to clean up users' screen space.

There are no major changes to the way the operating system works beneath the user interface, although there are some, but the design is meant to be much more user-friendly.

In particular Microsoft is placing the Start menu in the middle of the screen - as it is the icons in the taskbar - making the desktop experience more similar to mobile, and is bringing in rounded corners in the style of MacOS.

https://news.sky.com/story/windows-11-launches-as-free-upgrade-with-new-start-screen-12426478

• Like 1