Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Girl donates 80,000 pennies dumped by dad in child support stunt

glorybebe

A Virginia dad brought out the best in his daughter by showing her the worst of himself last month, after he dumped 80,000 pennies in his estranged family’s driveway to cover his final child support payment.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7941345/pennies-child-support-donate-charity/

Well, that's one way to ensure there will be no relationship with your daughter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

The man said his emotions got the better of him, and that he was driven by 18 years of built-up frustration. He added that the last thing he wanted to do was create a bigger rift between himself and his daughter.

Sanford says she hasn’t spoken to the man in years, and that his latest stunt only proves that she was right to cut him out.

Didn't want to create a bigger rift eh?    He now has a daughter that will probably never speak to him again and he deserves it.

• Like 6

I'm not going to dog the guy because I don't know anything about his ex wife.   She may have been a vindictive piece of crap.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm not going to dog the guy because I don't know anything about his ex wife.   She may have been a vindictive piece of crap.   

Maybe but apparently he hasn't seen his daughter for years so that's on him.  I bet if the courts hadn't forced him he wouldn't have paid for his daughter at all.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Maybe but apparently he hasn't seen his daughter for years so that's on him.  I bet if the courts hadn't forced him he wouldn't have paid for his daughter at all.

so what?  we do not know anything about his situation, his daughter may not even be his,  it is not uncommon for courts to award child support for a kid that is not a biologicals child,  i know such guy personally,   he is listed aa a father on birth certificate, but his wife admitted it was not his, yet judge did not care.  or maybe her mother brainwashed her daughter to hate the father,   like i said we have no knowledge about the case, the media did a great job demonizing  the father , yet not a single reason why. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

so what?  we do not know anything about his situation, his daughter may not even be his,  it is not uncommon for courts to award child support for a kid that is not a biologicals child,  i know such guy personally,   he is listed aa a father on birth certificate, but his wife admitted it was not his, yet judge did not care.  or maybe her mother brainwashed her daughter to hate the father,   like i said we have no knowledge about the case, the media did a great job demonizing  the father , yet not a single reason why. 

I have a brother who's ex wife has brainwashed their daughter.   She will hardly speak to him anymore but he keeps paying for her car, college and more.   The ex wife is a real piece of work.  

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

Not a single reason why?  He says he doesn't want to  create a bigger rift between he and his daughter, he does not say "that's not even my child".  He hasn't seen her for years and then apparently has a huge issue with having had to pay for his kid like a man, and then wipes his hands of all responsibility with a childish and petty act of dumping $800 in pennies on the ground. 

Were I the mother I wouldn't have called the cops and said I haven't received payment.  No check, no proof.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Not a single reason why?  He says he doesn't want to  create a bigger rift between he and his daughter, he does not say "that's not even my child".  He hasn't seen her for years and then apparently has a huge issue with having had to pay for his kid like a man, and then wipes his hands of all responsibility with a childish and petty act of dumping $800 in pennies on the ground. 

Were I the mother I wouldn't have called the cops and said I haven't received payment.  No check, no proof.

so what? i do not see where this guy is bad, he paid his dues,   

well she can't say it. she filmed him delivering it, the rest is her problem.

don't you think there has to be a reason why he does not want to create a bigger rift?  and why there was a rift already?  like i said we do not know about her situation.  but the guy is bad by default, right?

• Like 1

So, yes, there are  woman who alienate the father, but there are father's who do it all on their own.  When a woman leaves a man, does he do what's best for his child, no matter what?  Or does he make the mother's life hell because she left him?  Being that he had to have the last jab here, I would say he was the vindictive one

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, aztek said:

so what? i do not see where this guy is bad, he paid his dues,   

well she can't say it. she filmed him delivering it, the rest is her problem.

don't you think there has to be a reason why he does not want to create a bigger rift?  and why there was a rift already?  like i said we do not know about her situation.  

No problem dumping 80,000 pennies as payment?  Go do that at the grocery store and let me know how it goes.

but the guy is bad by default, right?

He's a dick.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, OverSword said:

In Virginia you get a choice to pay your child support or go to jail.   And if you quit your job so that you can't pay, you have 2 weeks to find another job or you go to jail, unless you can prove you are actually looking for a new job and haven't got any offers.   It has been that way since the 70's.  The flip side to that is that it is very hard for a father to get custody even when there is proof that the mother is not fit.

• Like 4

Would be nice to get more details. If 'creating a bigger rift' is justified. I'm not married though I've seen divorces (and long term relationships) get very nasty. Suppose you shouldn't air the dirty laundry. Though its a pretty obnoxious stunt and begs the question, why the theatrics? What the hell went wrong?

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Yeah. Like this isn't normal behavior, so something is up.

And it was pretty much harmless. 

So who knows. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Didn't want to create a bigger rift eh?    He now has a daughter that will probably never speak to him again and he deserves it.

Having to pay money to someone who cut you out of their life, every month, probably builds alot of resentment.

Specially when the payments can make you poor. 

Sanford says she hasn’t spoken to the man in years, and that his latest stunt only proves that she was right to cut him out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

And it was pretty much harmless. 

Would you consider it harmless if your employer dropped you salary on your driveway with a load of pennies instead of a check or auto deposit.  Would you  think that was a pretty good joke and go into work with a great attitude the next day?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The fact that they chose to donate the money to a shelter for domestic abuse victims speaks volumes.  I am not so willing to give the guy a break.  The rift was probably because of his asinine behavior.  And the last asinine act, the 80,000 pennies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Having to pay money to someone who cut you out of their life, every month, probably builds alot of resentment.

Specially when the payments can make you poor. 

You made the baby with someone,  you pay for the expenses of raising the child whether you are in the child's life or not.  I hear so many men grumble about having to pay child support and not seeing the child.   I had to let me child see her dad even though he hit me twice, judge said just because he hit me didn't mean he would hit the child.  He threatened to kill me because I left him.  He tried to have my daughter hate me by telling her how bad I was and I never said a word bad against him.  Guess what?  At 12 she decided that she did not want to see him anymore.  Counseling helped her, but did not undo all the damage he caused.  So, a rift in the relationship and him dumping pennies, yeah, I see him as a controlling dick who wanted to get his last jab in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Would you consider it harmless if your employer dropped you salary on your driveway with a load of pennies instead of a check or auto deposit.  Would you  think that was a pretty good joke and go into work with a great attitude the next day?

Difference between something not being harmful and something being a "pretty good joke".

All it did was make people angry at him who were already angry at him.

So for all practical purposes harmless. 

It was the last payment too btw. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

You made the baby with someone,  you pay for the expenses of raising the child whether you are in the child's life or not.  I hear so many men grumble about having to pay child support and not seeing the child.   I had to let me child see her dad even though he hit me twice, judge said just because he hit me didn't mean he would hit the child.  He threatened to kill me because I left him.  He tried to have my daughter hate me by telling her how bad I was and I never said a word bad against him.  Guess what?  At 12 she decided that she did not want to see him anymore.  Counseling helped her, but did not undo all the damage he caused.  So, a rift in the relationship and him dumping pennies, yeah, I see him as a controlling dick who wanted to get his last jab in

Yours is an extreme situation that also involved abuse.

That's not how most child support situations are I would imagine. 

I've also seen woman be the abusive one, and also be the one receiving the money. It just depends.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I didn't get child support for years but I was told that I had to let the children go with their dad if he wanted them to visit.   Eventually Child Support Enforcement garnished his wages but he got a judge to sign a document that lowered the amount with a lie.  He was a cop and I think he had something on that judge to get him to do that.  Anyway, he didn't bother visiting much and we were all better off without him around.   But it did scar my youngest as she essentially was abandoned.  He would call her sister but never ask about her.  Even as an adult knowing she was better of without his drama there is still a wound of abandonment.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

All it did was make people angry at him who were already angry at him.

How do you deal with 80k pennies and not consider that an annoyance and inconvenience at the very least?

• Like 4