Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House unveils antitrust package to rein in tech giants

OverSword

A House antitrust panel on Friday unveiled a bipartisan agenda made up of five bills that would give regulators greater authority to rein in the power of tech giants.

The bills put forward by leaders of the House Judiciary Antitrust Subcommittee follow a blockbuster report released by the Judiciary panel last year alleging ways that Alphabet, Amazon, Apple and Facebook abuse their market power. The report was approved on a party-line vote earlier this year. 

Each of the five bills unveiled on Friday includes a Republican co-sponsor.

Link

More details at the link

• Like 3

none of it affects their  ability to remove you from their platforms for any reason,    none of the bills touch big tech relations with their customers,  i bet it is politicians who are on big tech payrolls, that came up with it, so no one else actually get involved,   fake crap show

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, aztek said:

none of it affects their  ability to remove you from their platforms for any reason,    none of the bills touch big tech relations with their customers,  i bet it is politicians who are on big tech payrolls, that came up with it, so no one else actually get involved,   fake crap show

Antitrust laws are meant to keep them competitive so you can have choices.  If that happens then them banning you just creates opportunity for their competitor to have your business.  As it stands they ban you and you don't have many options.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Antitrust laws are meant to keep them competitive so you can have choices.  If that happens then them banning you just creates opportunity for their competitor to have your business.  As it stands they ban you and you don't have many options.

you mean they wont be able to pull same crap they did with parlor app?  for some reason i do not think it'll change, but will see. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, aztek said:

you mean they wont be able to pull same crap they did with parlor app?  for some reason i do not think it'll change, but will see. 

Yep my faith in our governments true desire to make sweeping change here is not big.  If they think it can get politicians more power that's a different story though.

• Like 2

“Right now, unregulated tech monopolies  government has too much power over our economy. They are in a unique position to pick winners and losers, destroy small businesses, raise prices on consumers, and put folks out of work.

I fixed that bit for them.  I noticed a little misdirection to make some think this deals with their censorship issue:

This legislation breaks up Big Tech’s monopoly power to control what Americans see and say online

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yep my faith in our governments true desire to make sweeping change here is not big.  If they think it can get politicians more power that's a different story though.

Ultimately, it always "circles back" to that.

• Like 2