Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Can we fix the moon’s orbit to fight climate change?"

Eldorado

48 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

The Texas Republican congressman Louie Gohmert has asked a senior U.S. government official if changing the moon’s orbit around the Earth, or the Earth’s orbit around the sun, might be a solution for climate change.

Bizarrely, the question was not posed to anyone from NASA or even the Pentagon. Instead it was asked of a senior forestry service official during a House natural resources committee hearing on Tuesday.

Full monty at Grist dot org

I remember a congressman said we can turn the moon into a radiative oven to heat the earth in a ice age :) and the Edgar Cayce predictions said we can destroy earth .:( 

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Changing the moon's orbit is probably easier than changing China's stance on pollution

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

A republican who doesn't believe in climate change and therefore thinks trying to fix climate change is BS, asks a purposefully stupid question about how far this person would be willing to go to fix a problem he doesn't believe is real and then they report it as if it were an actual question?  Wow, talk about crap reporting (or more likely purposefully deceptive). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Wow, talk about crap reporting (or more likely purposefully deceptive). 

I find it more and more difficult to take seriously the people who write such nonsense and even less seriously the people who SAY they believe the story as told.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, closed for business said:

Maybe Louie would like to try sticking his finger in a socket

Meaning you believe the story as written and that this man actually was serious in suggesting we should change the orbital path of our moon?  You know, political differences have always existed between Americans but this shift toward Democrats (primarily) treating every single word out of the mouth of a "Republican" as though it was completely literal in every case, is a legacy from the Trump-era propaganda horde.  IMO, it's beyond childish and I'll say the same when any Republican does it.

This whole nation's chosen Representation is engaging in childish, spiteful behavior that's amplified by corporate media interests and when all is said and done, the laugh is going to be on us all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

why did i read grist.org as girls.org and almost clicked on it?

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

why did i read grist.org as girls.org and almost clicked on it?

Because you're a pervert.

(You're welcome. :tu:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

If he wasn't serious, why did he say it?

Was it a social experiment that wastes taxpayer's money? To get himself in the news? What possible reason?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

If he wasn't serious, why did he say it?

Was it a social experiment that wastes taxpayer's money? To get himself in the news? What possible reason?

I would say to make a point that he believes climate change isn’t real. 
Im not sticking up for him as it’s obvious that climate change is real I’m just against yellow journalism, especially when designed to create a false narrative.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I would say to make a point that he believes climate change isn’t real. 
Im not sticking up for him as it’s obvious that climate change is real I’m just against yellow journalism, especially when designed to create a false narrative.

I watched the video and I think he was serious but he was concerned about more issues than climate change.  He was talking about solar flares and stuff. The feeling that I got was that he really believed the moon and earth's orbits were slowly changing and he was wondering if there was a way to change it back.  Can't say I would make fun of him.  People here on UM believe in far weirder stuff.

Edited by Gromdor
fixed punctuation
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I’m just against yellow journalism, especially when designed to create a false narrative.

In your opinion, what's the real narrative?

• Like 1

In my opinion this was a partisan hit piece meant to ma make a member of the other team look less educated than a two year old.