Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Lives Matter Protesters Were Overwhelmingly Peaceful

ExpandMyMind

When the Department of Homeland Security released its Homeland Threat Assessment earlier this month, it emphasized that self-proclaimed white supremacist groups are the most dangerous threat to U.S. security. But the report misleadingly added that there had been “over 100 days of violence and destruction in our cities,” referring to the anti-racism uprisings of this past summer.

In fact, the Black Lives Matter uprisings were remarkably nonviolent. When there was violence, very often police or counterprotesters were reportedly directing it at the protesters.

‐------------------

First, police made arrests in 5% of the protest events, with over 8,500 reported arrests (or possibly more). Police used tear gas or related chemical substances in 2.5% of these events.

Protesters or bystanders were reported injured in 1.6 percent of the protests. In total, at least three Black Lives Matter protesters and one other person were killed while protesting in Omaha, Austin and Kenosha, Wis. One anti-fascist protester killed a far-right group member during a confrontation in Portland, Ore.; law enforcement killed the alleged assailant several days later.

Police were reported injured in 1% of the protests. A law enforcement officer killed in California was allegedly shot by supporters of the far-right “boogaloo” movement, not anti-racism protesters.

The killings in the line of duty of other law enforcement officers during this period were not related to the protests.

Only 3.7% of the protests involved property damage or vandalism. Some portion of these involved neither police nor protesters, but people engaging in vandalism or looting alongside the protests.

In short, our data suggest that 96.3% of events involved no property damage or police injuries, and in 97.7% of events, no injuries were reported among participants, bystanders or police.

https://www.radcliffe.harvard.edu/news-and-ideas/black-lives-matter-protesters-were-overwhelmingly-peaceful-our-research-finds

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

to me the riots  it is from the blacks are the majority of the cities and its from the criminals of the drugs.:(  

Edited by docyabut2

to me trump tried to stopped the drugs cartels, that is killing most of our kids and our people and some radicals of the drugs and the sex trafficking.the criminals of the BLM  of the drugs and  the killings  of the law :( the black lives have to stopped it

Edited by docyabut2

There are always antagonists who turn a peaceful protest into a riot.  e.g.  The Battle of Cable Street in 1936.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

In fact, the Black Lives Matter uprisings were remarkably nonviolent. When there was violence, very often police or counterprotesters were reportedly directing it at the protesters.

What a load of F'n BS.

• Like 8

Like how American Police are mostly laws abiding, community supporting individuals?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I guess I imagined all the broken glass and spray paint in the war zone I had to walk through to get to work last year.  Good to know.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I guess I imagined all the broken glass and spray paint in the war zone I had to through to get to work last year.  Good to know.

No, you saw what you saw. It's just that where the vast majority of protests occurred with no violence, it wasn't 'newsworthy' and went unnoticed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

No, you saw what you saw. It's just that where the vast majority of protests occurred with no violence, it wasn't 'newsworthy' and went unnoticed.

Or on the other hand when there ten to fifteen hours of protests every day for four months maybe the average hour was peaceful. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Or on the other hand when there ten to fifteen hours of protests every day for four months maybe the average hour was peaceful. 

That's your narrative?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I support the phrase. Not FoundersLivesMatter. Didnt BLM (NY) chapter leader tell crowd "burn down" everything. Around two billion pricetag. Anyone could look up footage from NY or LA. You'd think Godzilla showed up. Worst riot in decades. Whoever wrote this garbage (harvard.edu?) is living on another planet.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 6

Can we atleast all agree that CHOPPED autonomous zone was ****en dumb lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

That's your narrative?

Lived experience  :)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Lived experience  :)

I said that you saw what you saw. I don't disavow that.

But you can't speak for what happened country wide.

The black race has to stop all this racism that will destroy our country :( when millions of the whites freed them.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Confused 1

I can vouch for NYC and Philadelphia. There was a lot of looting and rioting with fires for weeks. Minneapolis really burned!

There are threads in here where videos and news articles are linked from all over the country.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

The black race has to stop all this racism that will destroy our country :( when millions of the whites freed them.

Take up the White Man’s burden—

Send forth the best ye breed—

Go send your sons to exile

To serve your captives' need

To wait in heavy harness

On fluttered folk and wild—

Your new-caught, sullen peoples,

Half devil and half child

Take up the White Man’s burden

In patience to abide

To veil the threat of terror

And check the show of pride;

By open speech and simple

An hundred times made plain

To seek another’s profit

And work another’s gain

Take up the White Man’s burden—

And reap his old reward:

The blame of those ye better

The hate of those ye guard—

The cry of hosts ye humour

(Ah slowly) to the light:

"Why brought ye us from bondage,

“Our loved Egyptian night?”

Take up the White Man’s burden-

Have done with childish days-

The lightly proffered laurel,

The easy, ungrudged praise.

Comes now, to search your manhood

Through all the thankless years,

Cold-edged with dear-bought wisdom,

The judgment of your peers!
-Rudyard Kipling.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Like how American Police are mostly laws abiding, community supporting individuals?

A whole lot of them are. I can't recall many criminals that like cops. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Minneapolis entire neighborhood burned to the ground. Violent protests STILL going on in Portland now enters year three probably accounts for half the protests nationwide (they didn’t and still don’t give that coverage) billions in damage in NYC, organized looting around the nation, the place where the guy got killed at the Wendy’s drive through whole neighborhood got burned to the ground...etc, etc etc.

is this off campus organization even official?  Please note the use the caviate “our research finds” even in the title not just the report.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

Can people who actually live in big cities in America post if they didn’t see violence or vandalism in the protests where they live? Just for an impromptu survey. There were definitely times when there was just a bit of violence here but there was almost always some vandalism like spray paint BLM or ACAB or breaking windows at a corporate business like Starbucks or Amazon or McDonald’s 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

I support the phrase. Not FoundersLivesMatter. Didnt BLM (NY) chapter leader tell crowd "burn down" everything. Around two billion pricetag. Anyone could look up footage from NY or LA. You'd think Godzilla showed up. Worst riot in decades. Whoever wrote this garbage (harvard.edu?) is living on another planet.

I think .I missed those comments, do you have a linked source where that statement was quoted?

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Can people who actually live in big cities in America post if they didn’t see violence or vandalism in the protests where they live? Just for an impromptu survey. There were definitely times when there was just a bit of violence here but there was almost always some vandalism like spray paint BLM or ACAB or breaking windows at a corporate business like Starbucks or Amazon or McDonald’s 

There was violence at the protests in all the bigger cities near me.   Vandalism, looting, destruction at each one.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

Harvard? I guess he didn't go outside. Even the Cambridge campus is only several miles on the outskirts of Boston.

https://www.wbur.org/news/2020/06/01/damaged-boston-businesses-protests

https://www.boston.com/news/untagged/2020/06/01/boston-businesses-looted-vandalized-list/

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/2020/06/01/boston-george-floyd-protest-looting/

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/01/07/howie-carr-where-was-the-rioting-outrage-last-summer/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3