Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can Israelis and Palestinians See Eye to Eye?

Likely Guy

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

The only solution is an Israeli-Palestinian union.

Sounds great but what that effectively would mean is Jews in submission to a Muslim majority that despises everything about them.

13 hours ago, and then said:

Were you aware that Dhimmis not only had to pay burdensome taxes every year but that they had to show themselves to be publicly humiliated while doing so?  Spitting on them, slapping them, and pulling their beard - if they were allowed to grow one - was all a part of their Dhimmitude. 

No I did not know that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

No I did not know that.

During the Ottoman Empire it got to be quite "formalized".  They couldn't build new places of worship and if one of their churches burned or was otherwise destroyed, they were not allowed to rebuild.  Any churches that had bells as a call to worship were not allowed to ring them.  In ALL social interactions they had to play the role of a submissive, defeated enemy.  Sounds a lot like the treatment blacks got in the south between the Civil War and the 60s.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 8:09 AM, and then said:

First of all, Israel is a secular nation with a solid and growing majority of non-believers.  WWII taught them to be pragmatic I guess.  Nevertheless, peaceful coexistence isn't in the power of one group.  BOTH have to want peace.  If you'd like to cite an example of Palestinians offering terms that don't require Israel to be assimilated into an Arab Muslim nation then I'll be interested to read it.

Right, so why does the official word on a Constitution for Israel speak of the necessity to appeal to Jewish People worldwide?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Right, so why does the official word on a Constitution for Israel speak of the necessity to appeal to Jewish People worldwide?

That's pretty obvious to most adults.  They have never denied that their nation was and is intended to be a sanctuary for world Jewry.  They openly identify themselves as the "nation-state" of the Jewish people. Does their constitution also demand all citizens be members of the Jewish faith?  If so, then I'll stand to be corrected.  

2 minutes ago, and then said:

That's pretty obvious to most adults.  They have never denied that their nation was and is intended to be a sanctuary for world Jewry.  They openly identify themselves as the "nation-state" of the Jewish people. Does their constitution also demand all citizens be members of the Jewish faith?  If so, then I'll stand to be corrected.  

They don't have one.  But talk of Judaism and prophets of Israel is clearly not secular. 

• Thanks 3

On 6/18/2021 at 11:54 AM, Tatetopa said:

No I did not know that.

Because it is either not true or the truth is bent by some.

Non muslims in muslim countries pay taxes just like muslims but lower ones not higher. That is a fact.

As for the ottoman empire...well just look up how many churches have been built on the balkans during that time, financed by the sultans and how many pre ottoman churches are still well and standing on the balkans. 

Please don't listen to his crap. Read information available.

• Thanks 3

On 6/19/2021 at 12:22 AM, Likely Guy said:

okay

I know. It hurts so bad.:no: 

Unbelievable the reasoning, "education", "knowledge" of some people. Seems like there is a huge rase goung on who will take the first place in .....mental deficiency.

• Like 1