Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lobster diver is SWALLOWED whole by humpback and survives

glorybebe

• Michael Packard, 56, had been a lobster diver for 40 years and was on a routine dive off the coast of Cape Cod when he felt a bump and 'everything went dark'
  • At first, Packard feared he was eaten by a shark, but he soon realized he must be inside the mouth of a young humpback whale
  • He struggled and feared for his life, but after about 30 seconds the whale spat him out
  • Packard was rescued by a crewmate and suffered from some bruises
  • Experts say being eaten by a whale is extremely rare 
  • They believe the whale that ate Packard was young, and that it had been trying to gulp down some fish instead  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9678057/Lobster-diver-injured-caught-whales-mouth.html

OMG! That must have been freaky

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Wow.  You’re not going to forget about that experience anytime soon.

• Like 6

It's an experience most people will never have. Something to tell the grandkids about although I'm sure he was pretty shook up while it was happening. I can't even imagine.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, razman said:

Jonah ?

No, no. ya see, Jonah was taken in by a USO 

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

Man’s Account Of Being Swallowed By Humpback Whale Doubted By Doctors

https://www.unilad.co.uk/animals/mans-account-of-being-swallowed-by-humpback-whale-doubted-by-doctors/

I read that.   So many people want a few minutes of fame, that doubt pops up with these stories and people wanting to debunk.

6 hours ago, glorybebe said:

I read that.   So many people want a few minutes of fame, that doubt pops up with these stories and people wanting to debunk.

I don't see it, myself. It's a "maybe" thing. This is about  barotrauma, which a doctor was suspicious of him for not having it.  LINK on barotrauma

"Diagnosis

In most cases, the symptoms will clear up before a person can see their doctor. However, if the pain is severe or constantly recurring, or there is fluid leakage or bleeding from the ear, a person should see their doctor.