Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3-year-old New Jersey boy mauled to death by dogs after falling from window

Still Waters

A 3-year-old boy died after he fell out a window of his New Jersey home Wednesday and was then attacked by a pair of dogs in the backyard.

The tragic and horrific incident happened in the city of Elizabeth around 5:30 p.m.

Police say the child fell from a rear window and was mauled by the animals, which belonged to the family and were in a cluttered fenced in area.

Neighbor say it was an horrendous sight as the child's mother tried to pull the dogs off the little boy.

https://abc7.com/child-dies-dog-mauling-out-window-death/10773408/

• Sad 8

i see window guards were not installed,  in NYc  they are mandatory when a child under 11 lives there, maybe  NJ needs to pass same laws

• Like 4

This story is just horrific. It was on our news yesterday. The boy fell into a fenced in area that was full of dog feces, motorcycles and debris. The boy's mother tried to get the dogs off of him. The neighbors said the dogs were known to be "a terror". 

This is a case of child neglect and also animal abuse. It's under investigation and the dogs have been secured and moved. They'll probably be destroyed.

https://abc7.com/child-dies-dog-mauling-out-window-death/10773408/

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I love dogs but these dogs should euthanised. They're a threat to society. If they mauled once they will maul again. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, razman said:

Let me guess ....... Pit Bulls

I heard that some of the neighbors said they were pit bulls but no breed has been announced by police. The dogs were kept outside in really bad conditions.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Dogs like that should be legally classified as weapons and their owners charged with murder.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Dogs like that should be legally classified as weapons and their owners charged with murder.

i don't agree at this point.  If they were confined to a fenced in area, the owners were doing their part to keep others safe.  Predicting a 3 year old may fall from above can't always be a consideration.  

That being said, the dog owners were not good owners.   I've always disliked the pit bull breed.  So I'd be fine with putting them down.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

i don't agree at this point.  If they were confined to a fenced in area, the owners were doing their part to keep others safe.  Predicting a 3 year old may fall from above can't always be a consideration.  

That being said, the dog owners were not good owners.   I've always disliked the pit bull breed.  So I'd be fine with putting them down.  

Pit bulls aren't naturally vicious, they're just very well-equipped to be when trained to be. Those dogs were trained to do grievous bodily harm and their owners should be held accountable.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Pit bulls aren't naturally vicious, they're just very well-equipped to be when trained to be. Those dogs were trained to do grievous bodily harm and their owners should be held accountable.  

A pit bull's character may be the same as a jack russell, but their equipment is more lethal.  Any dog will bite a person if they get their foot stepped on.   The difference is a pit pull will do much more harm.   That's why they kill so many toddlers.  They also tend to go for the second bite, but so do other breeds that are smaller. 

• Like 4

If the neighbour's reported the dogs to be a terror, then there was warning with behaviours.  I hope he was knocked out from the fall.  Can't bring myself to read it.  Poor little tyke

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Amaryllis said:

Disgusting parents should be charged with negligence.

And animal abuse, dogs do not automatically attack humans unless trained to (we don’t smell Ike food).

Those two dogs were kept outside in a very unsanitary condition. It doesn't seem to me that they were treated much like housepets. It sounds like they were mostly neglected and I hope they had food and water available to them. I know people who have pit bulls that are very well treated, but it's still not a breed I trust much. There are a couple of breeds I feel that way about, but pit bulls have a long reputation for doing things like this.

• Like 4

Such ignorance... displayed in such variety and quantity... impressive I guess.

Edited by quiXilver

On 6/12/2021 at 4:04 PM, Hammerclaw said:

Pit bulls aren't naturally vicious, they're just very well-equipped to be when trained to be. 

Pit bull types do not need to be trained to attack in order to attack. Its just a matter of genetics.  Years of breeding for the purpose of dog-fighting created breeds that possessed characteristics conducive to success in the pits, e.g., continuing to fight through injury and pain, attacking without the warning signs given by the overwhelming majority of dog breeds, attacking without ceasing, etc. etc. You and the many others making these uninformed arguments really need to study up on the history and science of dog breeding.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 6:27 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And animal abuse, dogs do not automatically attack humans unless trained to (we don’t smell Ike food).

Absolutely incorrect. Where did you get that  idea?

• Like 3

On 6/12/2021 at 3:49 PM, Myles said:

yep, it is not like dogs got loose/broke out, and attacked someone, the kid fell from above,  it is parents' fault, for not installing window guards or keep an eye on the kid,  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

Absolutely incorrect. Where did you get that  idea?

The fact that 99% of random people who walk near dogs do not get attacked.

6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The fact that 99% of random people who walk near dogs do not get attacked.

that is just not true, you are pretty much guaranteed to be attacked by dogs if  you are a stranger that enters their space,

Mea Culpa, it seems my opinion thst my fear of dogs is irrational has lead me to developing a fallacy in order to castigate myself further.

well most dogs have both sides in them, when with their owner on the walk, it maybe friendly, may even let you pet it, but  brake into their home, or go on their property and the same dog will attack.  some dogs will attack every time, others will never attack,  

• Like 1