Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sunset

Waspie_Dwarf

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

Having experimented with my chilli plants I decided to further experiment. I photographed the sky, from my garden as the sun set. I took one photograph every 30 seconds for 85 minutes, then animated them. Here is the result.

I think I may have been a little sloppy with the focusing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

I think I may have been a little sloppy with the focusing

Focus looked fine, focal angle is the problem here, sunsets captures better from high to low elevation. 

~

• Thanks 1

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
9 minutes ago, third_eye said:

sunsets captures better from high to low elevation. 

Unfortunately, from where I live, that's the best angle I can get. I'm surrounded on all other sides by houses.

I am still very much in the experimental stage. Once I have a bit more experience I will take the camera to a better location. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

I am still very much in the experimental stage. Once I have a bit more experience I will take the camera to a better location. 

That's the fun stage, when you get to the experienced bits, that's when the frustrations begins, it's a trial of misgivings... :lol:

Get to know your equipment in and out, what it's good at and what is its limits... Most times stretching it is not worth the effort, sometimes miracles do happen... Have fun! 

:yes:

~

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Thanx for posting, WaspieDwarf. I have an interest in both astronomy and photography, June 12th is one of the longest days of the year in the northern hemisphere and the farther north, the longer the days. Daylight Savings time has ended and we're back to standard time in my state CA in the USA, sunsets are different in the winter months in appearance.