Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Murder mystery as mother, son of prominent Irish family in SC found dead

Eldorado

16 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Docy

Alex’s cousin would be more likely as they were involved in drug trafficking and money laundering. He was also the same person that shot Alex in the suicide attempt.

I've heard several people say "Uncle Eddie" as he's known in SC, is the one who did it. I've heard that's what the defense intends to prove also.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, susieice said:

I've heard several people say "Uncle Eddie" as he's known in SC, is the one who did it. I've heard that's what the defense intends to prove also.

Hi Susieice

I think Alex likely shot his wife and Uncle Eddie shot the son given 2 weapons were used and the proximity of the bodies. I am surprised that Alex wasn’t required to submit to gsr testing at the time nor was there any mention of testing the T-shirt that blood samples were taken from. I also find it curious that his blood or hair had not been tested for drug use when he went to rehab and think his drug addiction  a ruse he is using as part of his defence.

His wife was going to divorce him is why I think he likely shot her rather than the son.

Alex’s displays of emotional crying in court doesn’t really mean much really as most lawyer will coach a witness or defendant to react a certain way for the benefit of both the judge and jury and he has been in the biz for a long time.

edited as phone changed gsr to her <_<

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Susieice

I think Alex likely shot his wife and Uncle Eddie shot the son given 2 weapons were used and the proximity of the bodies. I am surprised that Alex wasn’t required to submit to her testing at the time nor was there any mention of testing the T-shirt that blood samples were taken from. I also find it curious that his blood or hair had not been tested for drug use when he went to rehab and think his drug addiction  a ruse he is using as part of his defence.

His wife was going to divorce him is why I think he likely shot her rather than the son.

Alex’s displays of emotional crying in court doesn’t really mean much really as most lawyer will coach a witness or defendant to react a certain way for the benefit of both the judge and jury and he has been in the biz for a long time.

I agree. Most likely both were on the scene and shot them. I can see how Alex could do something like this. He didn't care what he did to anyone, ever.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

Interesting article about all of the cell phones. I just watched Paul Murdaugh's video on Court TV. His best friend testified that the 3 voices on the tape were Paul's, his mom's and Alex's. I'll post the video when it goes up.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/01/us/alex-murdaugh-trial-wednesday/index.html

• Like 2

Here's the video. The audio is what the court wanted to hear. Paul was sending his friend a video of his (the friend's) dog that he keeps at the kennel. This was 15 minutes before Paul was murdered according to court testimony. It shows Alex lied about not being at the scene. Another friend is now testifying.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 2

I think Alex didn't killed them, but  they were killed by the drug lords for the money he didn't pay them, he was on a lot drugs and he took the big money 3million  from his firm, also why he wanted  his cousin  to kill him for some big money  for "Buster" any why he said  about paul“I did him so bad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murdaugh_family#:~:text=Peters Murdaugh Parker Eltzroth %26 Detrick,-The Murdaugh family

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I think Alex didn't killed them, but  they were killed by the drug lords for the money he didn't pay them, he was on a lot drugs and he took the big money 3million  from his firm, also why he wanted  his cousin  to kill him for some big money  for "Buster" any why he said  about paul“I did him so bad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murdaugh_family#:~:text=Peters Murdaugh Parker Eltzroth %26 Detrick,-The Murdaugh family

I don't know docy. If it was drug lords looking for money they would have killed him too. It's pretty apparent that he was present at the time of the murders.

• Like 2

The judge will allow testimony about Murdaugh's financial crimes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The caretaker for Alex's mother testified. Her whole testimony is available online. She said this visit at night was very unusual.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Murdaugh would know how to set up a scene to appear like two shooters were present. I think he could have used two guns. Or he got cousin Eddie to help here.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why was Maggie's phone moving after she was dead.

• Thanks 1

This video mentions the phone switching mode after Maggie died. It talks about how Alex's cousin testified that he had sold Alex 3 of the type of gun used to kill Maggie.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, susieice said:

Murdaugh would know how to set up a scene to appear like two shooters were present. I think he could have used two guns. Or he got cousin Eddie to help here.

Hi Susieice

I would tend to think that there were 2 shooters and both Maggie and Paul were shot within a close time frame as both had phones and knew who was on the property and that there weren’t hunters on site. If there was more than a couple of minutes the likelihood that one of them would make a phone call puts a single shooter at risk. If Eddy was the accomplice he likely would have taken the weapons used with him to get rid of. The property abuts a river so it is possible that the accomplice came and left by boat and tossed the weapons in the river.

I did see that police did search a swamp and river although not sure how far from the property they searched so they could have disposed of them quite some distance from the Murdaugh property.

• Like 2

The Courthouse was evacuated today around 12:30 because personnel received a bomb threat.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alex-murdaugh-murder-trial-evacuated-security-issue/

The South Carolina courthouse where former attorney Alex Murdaugh's murder trial is taking place was evacuated Wednesday due to a security issue, officials said. 

"A bomb threat was received by Colleton County courthouse personnel," a spokesperson for the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division said in a statement.

• Thanks 1

Here's a local report.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/crime/2023/02/08/alex-murdaugh-trial-colleton-county-courtroom-evacuated-what-we-know/69885353007/

UPDATE: Court resumed session around 3:07 p.m. Wednesday after law enforcement cleared the scene. We will update this story as new information on a possible suspect, or possible changes to court procedure or security, are reported.

2:50 UPDATE: Reporters on the scene are saying that court personnel and attorneys began re-entering the courthouse around 2:30 p.m., but no official all-clear has been given.

A Colleton County Sheriff's Office deputy was seen sprinting across the grounds of the Colleton County Courthouse Wednesday, panic in his voice as he yelled for people to clear the area. As the Alex Murdaugh double-homicide trial went into day 13, the historic Walterboro courthouse square was evacuated due to a bomb threat.

Around 12:27 p.m., just a few short hours after the jury headed into the courtroom, Judge Clifton Newman ordered that the courtroom be evacuated for unknown reasons, until possibly 2:30 p.m., if everything is clear.

Murdaugh was taken from the courthouse and seen being driven from the property in a large black van, according to reports from journalists outside of the courthouse.

Lawyers have confirmed to journalists and author Jason Ryan, on the ground on behalf of The Hampton County Guardian, that this was a bomb threat. Ryan told The Guardian that law enforcement have not only evacuated the courthouse, but cleared the entire block of all reporters and public spectators. There is a heavy police presence in the area, and law enforcement have formed a perimeter around the courthouse square.

Ryan reports that Murdaugh's family members, including his surviving son, Richard "Buster" Murdaugh Jr., were among the first evacuated.

Public attendees and bystanders are concerned, but not particularly surprised. Kim Lanier, who traveled from Virginia Beach, told Ryan that a bomb threat seemed "par for the course" for this story, similar to all the "ruses and distractions" made by Murdaugh in this case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This article is a little long but it has a lot of information about Buster Murdaugh.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/buster-murdaugh-refutes-reporter-s-suggestion-he-supports-dad-facing-murder-charges/ar-AA14qfFg

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

Best friend testifies Alex Murdaugh admitted to drug addiction and stealing money

An attorney who said he was Alex Murdaugh's best friend testified at his murder trial Thursday that Murdaugh admitted he had a drug addiction and had been stealing money from his law firm and clients

https://abc7chicago.com/alex-murdaugh-murders-trial-drug-addiction/12791929/

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Best friend testifies Alex Murdaugh admitted to drug addiction and stealing money

An attorney who said he was Alex Murdaugh's best friend testified at his murder trial Thursday that Murdaugh admitted he had a drug addiction and had been stealing money from his law firm and clients

https://abc7chicago.com/alex-murdaugh-murders-trial-drug-addiction/12791929/

Hi Docy

Alex was involved in drug dealing and money laundering, the amount of money he stole would keep a town of drug addicts stoned. He may have used the money to pay for drug shipments or to cover losses if a shipment got seized or stolen.

There was no information given as to the veracity of his drug use even when he went into rehab which could have been a ruse to hide his criminal activities. I would have thought that under the circumstances the investigative team would have taken hair samples to determine his drug use.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I would have thought that under the circumstances the investigative team would have taken hair samples to determine his drug use.

Yes. Drugs will go out of the blood system in days. It's in the hair for years. I know of several medical facilities in my area that don't test blood or urine anymore. They test hair.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Docy

Alex was involved in drug dealing and money laundering, the amount of money he stole would keep a town of drug addicts stoned. He may have used the money to pay for drug shipments or to cover losses if a shipment got seized or stolen.

There was no information given as to the veracity of his drug use even when he went into rehab which could have been a ruse to hide his criminal activities. I would have thought that under the circumstances the investigative team would have taken hair samples to determine his drug use.

I`m guessing the drug dealers were involved in the murders of  Paul and Maggie. The only question is why would Alex  kill his son ?  I think Alex own them a lot of money 

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I`m guessing the drug dealers were involved in the murders of  Paul and Maggie. The only question is why would Alex  kill his son ?  I think Alex own them a lot of money 

Hi Docy

Maybe but usually they have their own guns and it seems that the casings found at the site came from 2 weapons missing from the house.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...